Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:35 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times

Advertisements

Pittsburgh has a curfew its just not enforced..

Quote:
In July and August, the city's curfew requires that youths younger than 17 be off public streets by 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and by midnight on weekends (the curfew starts an hour earlier in other months).
Read more: Police to step up patrols after shootings

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM

89 posts, read 218,051 times
Curfews punish kids who don't do anything wrong. Every Friday night, a large group of kids (most definitely under the age or 18) in Squirrel Hill loiter at the Citizen's Bank. However, they aren't loud, they don't dance in the streets, they don't (to my knowledge) punch cops in the face. I've never seen them with alcohol and only a few of them occasionally have cigarettes. Since they're doing no harm, they shouldn't be punished by curfew laws.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,228,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
My son's friends who are 18 and 19 don't look any different from 16 and 17 year olds.

That may be so. But this was not one or two or three people. This was around one hundred, If you go to any local high school and see one hundred kids in the gymnasium, Guess what? Most of them will look like, surprise, high school kids. Sure, some may look 19, 20, 21 or even older. The bottom line is, people should not be allowed to loiter and litter and harass passerbys and block the roads and sidewalks be they 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 20, 21, 22 years old or older. So, if everybody wants to lose sight of the subject, I hope this gets us back on track.

Last edited by nuwaver88; 09-21-2009 at 11:13 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 05:26 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times
That "T" Station on Liberty Avenue is a very crowded bus stop. You ever look at the bus stop tag and see how many different buses stop there????? I tell my daughter to catch the 91A on Penn, instead of Liberty, to avoid all of that drama.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:55 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
What is up with all of the youths hanging out around the T station until late in the evening at Liberty and Wood? Last night I was waiting for the 10PM 91A and there must have been one hundred youths hanging around this stop. Shortly before my bus was to arrive, I discovered that I left my keys in my locker at work. I went back to get my keys and could have easily made the 10:30 91A but got to talking and decided to catch the 11pm bus. As I got back to the bus stop at 10:55pm, most of these same youths were still loitering. In other words, they did not get on one of the many city buses that come around 10 or 10:30. They decided to hang around the bus stop and scream and yell and throw their Mcdonald's bags all over the place rather than in one of the three obvious trash cans at the stop. Throwing it in the trash would be akin to doing what the MAN wants them to do. They can't do that in front of their buddies. Then one of the youths was dancing off of the curb into the street when a Port Authority Police Officer told him to get back on the sidewalk. To show off in front of everybody, the youth called the cop Barney Fife. The cop nicely pointed out that you cannot disrespect a police officer. This is when the youth, energized by the crowd, punched the cop in the face. The cop got the kid to the ground and was ready to put the cuffs on him when the kid spun out of it and escaped down an alleyway towards Penn. The crowd cheered for the kid, not the cop. Within a minute, several Port Authority and PPD cars were on the prowl. I am sure he did not get too far. I am also pretty certain that he got the beatiing in the lockup that he never got growing up for punching the cop. I understand that it is the weekend, but these kids should not be allowed to loiter Downtown until late at night. Many of these kids suffer from poor parenting. Big revealation, huh? Lets' see, trash goes on the ground, cops are the enemy, and disrupting pedestrian and vehicular traffic is ok.
Sounds like drunk college kids...probably Freshman.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,228,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Sounds like drunk college kids...probably Freshman.

Not quite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh