Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM

20 posts, read 55,924 times

Advertisements

Drover - Not a southerner....I am a Jersey Girl who has lived up and down the eastern seaboard and in the beloved city of Pittsburgh. I just hate it that people from the 'burgh' are really not that friendly to outsiders. Yes maybe I hold a grudge against the city. Out of all the places I lived , Pittsburgh caused my family lots of despair. My daughter was teased because of her Asian culture. My husband and I was was look down upon because of our disabilities. So yes I do hold a gruge with the city. What bothers me most is that the people of Pittsburgh don't see how narrow mind their views are to the rest of the world. You claim on this thread that Pittsburgh is an open minded city. I never encountered any of that opened mindness when I lived there. Yes Raleigh has been more open to my diverse family and my daughter finally feels like she belongs. I really wanted Pittsburgh to work for my family. I loved my house and thought Cranberry had very scenic surroundings. I am not a troll just wish some people on this thread would be honest about the city they live in.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,803,289 times
Well, in your theory/hypothesis/whatever you want to call it, you're surrounded by Pittsburghers in Raleigh anyway. So you really are posting here just to stir the pot.

By the way, I've lived in North Carolina, not far from Raleigh, so I was there often. While it is a very nice area, it's not all you make it out to be either.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djd1229 View Post
Sewickly PA - I lived in Cranberry twp, PA for four years. Lived next to eastern PA my whole life. I think blaming the Steel industry for leaving twenty five years ago is a lame excuse.

Really? Again, hardly true. You just need to stop before you dig yourself a deeper hole.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:36 AM

Dugdogmaster - Not surrounded by Pittsburghers in my part of NC.Not stirring the Pot. And yes Raleigh is wonderful and right now seventy degrees with sunshine!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM

Dugdog...Isn't Rothlisberger on TV or something right now? Maybe you need to go and watch KDKA and then go eat a sandwich with coleslaw...then maybe you will calm down.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 AM

You may not think you are a troll, but your words prove otherwise.

Peace! I'm out......

Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
Quote:
I am not a troll just wish some people on this thread would be honest about the city they live in.
it's not dishonest to have a different opinion of pittsburgh than you have.

the whole gist of this thread seems to be "pittsburghers - admit your town is bad because i think it is."

Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
And the thing is, Cranberry doesn't represent the whole city. I've lived in Pittsburgh for nine years and have never been to Cranberry. The only thing I know about it is that's is extremely suburban. There are parts of town that are a lot more diverse and would probably have been much more welcoming to you and your family.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 AM

809 posts, read 2,410,079 times
Quote:
I loved my house and thought Cranberry had very scenic surroundings. I am not a troll just wish some people on this thread would be honest about the city they live in.
This is it. Cranberry is really not the best place to seek people who are comfortable with diversity.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 AM

9 posts, read 29,844 times
Quote:
Drover - Not a southerner....I am a Jersey Girl who has lived up and down the eastern seaboard and in the beloved city of Pittsburgh. I just hate it that people from the 'burgh' are really not that friendly to outsiders. Yes maybe I hold a grudge against the city. Out of all the places I lived , Pittsburgh caused my family lots of despair. My daughter was teased because of her Asian culture. My husband and I was was look down upon because of our disabilities. So yes I do hold a gruge with the city. What bothers me most is that the people of Pittsburgh don't see how narrow mind their views are to the rest of the world. You claim on this thread that Pittsburgh is an open minded city. I never encountered any of that opened mindness when I lived there. Yes Raleigh has been more open to my diverse family and my daughter finally feels like she belongs. I really wanted Pittsburgh to work for my family. I loved my house and thought Cranberry had very scenic surroundings. I am not a troll just wish some people on this thread would be honest about the city they live in.
Oh I agree! When I lived in Pittsburg for 3 years i lived in New Alexander. God i hated livin in that dirty dumpy city. I hated pittsburg. the people were mean and nobody liked me. The only place we had to eat was sheets. There is some good dining. Peeps use to always make fun of my disibility to. They use to point and lauf and say "hey look at that retard wering velcro shoes" I agree they gots a narrow mindid view there. Not like other places in this country were peeps are all open and stuf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh