Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
I'll be official in about a year I've already put 5 years in!! Allegra and Claritin are very similar but Allegro isn't OTC (it will be someday I imagine). You could easily do what you just said as long as it's 12 hour Allegra.

Allegra should not make you drowsy but if it does just a tiny bit I wouldn't be alarmed.

and if you like Allegra it also comes in Allegra-D (with sudafed) just like Claritin AND Allegra went generic last year, so now the prescription is much cheaper. If I had to pick, despite them being in the same class, I would say Allegra is a tad more "potent" and more efficacious than loratadine. Maybe that is why it's still prescription- only.

I should make a thread giving my best advice on all OTC products!! In fact, I just might for you guys, but it really isn't about Pittsburgh so they might delete it. Unless there is a loop hole.
see title for question, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,644 times
I had sinus issues until my Doctor told me about Guaifanex (now Musinex D over the counter). Take that with a couple ibuprofins in the morning and everything has been fine.

Sinus issues caused me so much pain and anger for years. There wasn't a day without a bad headache. The above cured it all. On really bad days, I do that Sinus rinse also.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:57 PM

3 posts, read 22,369 times
Default sinus and allergy

have you thought about seeing a chiropractor for help. I know few people realize that offer chiropractors can help patients who suffer during allergy season.. just a thought

Old 10-11-2008, 12:52 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,703,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
I had sinus issues until my Doctor told me about Guaifanex (now Musinex D over the counter). Take that with a couple ibuprofins in the morning and everything has been fine.

Sinus issues caused me so much pain and anger for years. There wasn't a day without a bad headache. The above cured it all. On really bad days, I do that Sinus rinse also.
Thank you for recommending Mucinex D. I am getting over a sinus infection and it really helped. There used to be a Sudafed Non Drying but is not offered anymore, so this takes its place well

Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM

74 posts, read 219,272 times
I suffer with fall allergies here, worse than any other month. I have them spring and slight summer, but fall just does me in.........

Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 AM

269 posts, read 1,010,644 times
Another good thing about Mucinex D is that when you begin taking it you are not very hungry. (your body will get used to it though)

So it also may be a good time to start dieting!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:16 PM

892 posts, read 2,392,712 times
Everyone's allergies are different, but just to give you some anecdotal feedback...I, like your fella, was born up north and was moved to the South by my family when I was young. I had terrible sinus allergy problems my entire youth living in coastal Virginia, which got progressively better when I later moved inland there. Even during my best years, though, I was facing numerous sinus infections and extreme headaches even on a maintenance regime of antihistamines, decongestants, and steroid sprays.

We've lived up here for almost five months now and I've been cold turkey on all medications but a multivitamin for the past four - feeling absolutely fine. Seriously, I feel as symptom free as when I visited New Mexico!

Obviously, I'm pretty happy about it.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 PM

24 posts, read 228,154 times
Use saltine spray, any time you are noticing that smth is not all right with your nose. It is safe, because it just salt water, but it kills the viruses in the nose and prevents the sinus infection to go further.
I am saying it, because I suffered with this for almost 3 years, and even had a surgery. so dont wait till it gets to bad, I mean make sure your husband takes care of himself once he gets sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh