Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:55 PM

418 posts, read 1,090,067 times

Advertisements

I have a friend in Canada who says muslims are really treated nice there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 06:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
I have a friend in Canada who says muslims are really treated nice there.
So, it's just Americans they treat like crap, huh?

Old 12-06-2009, 12:41 AM

226 posts, read 588,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Don't know what quiet and residential has do with it. It's not like Muslims know as loud and commercial people.

Greenfield does have a decent percentage of Muslims.
I didn't know what "Irish" had to do with it, either...

Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 AM

89 posts, read 218,102 times
Oakland has a decent sized Muslim population - or at least a lot of Muslims hang out in Oakland because of the universities and the Islamic Center on Bigelow.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Oakland I can see but not really Greenfield. It's mostly a quiet residential neighborhood that I know has a decent bit of Irish people in it.
I don't think there are any neighborhoods which are majority Muslim, so having other groups represented isn't necessarily inconsistent with having relatively large percentages of Muslims.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:31 PM

16 posts, read 36,915 times
The city is populated with many diverse religions and people, you have nothing to worry about.
Outside the city the majority is not minority, but that doesn't mean you won't be accepted, you would just be a minority.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,144 times
Default Need help asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I have a close relationship with a couple of Pakistani Muslim families. Shortly after the 9/11 attacks, they were afraid to leave their houses, but only due to their own paranoia. They've never been treated badly.

Maybe it's racist of me to say but I think an African American Muslim would encounter less religious prejudice than a Middle Eastern or Pakistani Muslim. And my Pakistani Muslim friends have not experienced any problems.

I would't call Pittsburgh Muslim friendly, but it's not anti-Muslim either. It's sort of an overall "I don't care" attitude. Pittsburghers tend to be that way towards anyone who is different.

Hello, I am a Pakistani Muslim and my fiancé just moved to Pittsburgh. He is at penn ave near 15222 area code. I was wondering if you know any Pakistani aunty who would be willing to provide fresh food for him 3-4 times a week in exchange for like 50-60 dollars a month? He doesn't eat much but cant cook at all. I am very concerned for him. We will be getting married in December and this would only be until then. Anyone close by would be great. The halal restaurants near him (all 2 of them) are so expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please guide us.

Email us at [EMAIL="arzasa26@gmail.com"]arzasa26@gmail.com[/EMAIL]
JAK

Old 02-11-2015, 05:34 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzuasa26 View Post
Hello, I am a Pakistani Muslim and my fiancé just moved to Pittsburgh. He is at penn ave near 15222 area code. I was wondering if you know any Pakistani aunty who would be willing to provide fresh food for him 3-4 times a week in exchange for like 50-60 dollars a month? He doesn't eat much but cant cook at all. I am very concerned for him. We will be getting married in December and this would only be until then. Anyone close by would be great. The halal restaurants near him (all 2 of them) are so expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please guide us.

Email us at arzasa26@gmail.com
JAK

Hello, welcome to our city! Will you be staying here after your wedding? Yes, it's pricey for daily meals at restaurants. It wouldn't be painful for him to adapt somewhat.

There is a very nice middle eastern restaurant/take out place on Penn Avenue in the Strip District, between 29th and 30th. It is called Salem's Market.

Besides that, produce is easily found in various Strip District stores, between 18th and 21st Streets. The 15222 zip code area also includes Lawrenceville, which has restaurants he may find less expensive.

But I for one do not know of any "aunty" that could help him out. Perhaps someone else here does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh