Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:39 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times

Advertisements

You could get a great deal in Treesdale, about 200 people are trying to dump their memberships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
I'm confused.

Based on your posts, it seems you want to LIVE in an HOA community with a golf course, not just belong to a country club, like Treesdale: Treesdale is Western Pennsylvani

We have plenty of private country clubs throghout the region, just not many "golf communities" where people actually own homes at the golf course.

Which do you actually want?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
You could get a great deal in Treesdale, about 200 people are trying to dump their memberships.
Why are they bailing out? Are more people trying to leave Treesdale than other country clubs?

Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM

Let's approach this a different way.

Here is a map detailing where the area country clubs are located: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...ed=0CB4QtQMwAA

I recommend researching the country clubs that are located near where your husband is working.

If you're wanting to buy a house in the same township as the country club, check the ranking of the school district to see if it's acceptable.

For instance,

Montore Heights Country Club would be in Moon Township which is located near where your husband works and has a good school ranking.

St. Clair Country Club is located in Upper St. Clair and the schools have a very good ranking.

Nevellewood is a housing community that does have a Country Club (I didn't know that), but the school district is so so.

Allegheny Country Club is located in Sewickly Township and the school district is decent.

I know NOTHING about these country clubs. I live on the other side of the county. You'll have to do some research.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:14 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Why are they bailing out? Are more people trying to leave Treesdale than other country clubs?
The recession is squeezing a lot of people, first thing to go is fun. If you just walk away from your membership you lose your bond. For every 6 memberships the club sells, they will then try to sell an existing one.

There are more than a couple foreclosures in Treesdale.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
There are more than a couple foreclosures in Treesdale.
I always knew there were quite a few people living in Treesdale who couldn't afford it.

I've heard stories of houses that only had furniture on the first floor from people who saw it firsthand while providing services to homes in Treesdale.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 12,810 times
Great, thanks!!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:01 PM

btw, the ski resorts are an hour away from Pittsburgh. It's not the Rockies, but you can't beat the convenience---especially coming from Texas.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:54 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Here Hopes, check out the Nevillewood HOA web site for grins and groans: Nevillewood Home Owners Association I love how the latest news is about lampposts and mailboxes. (Presumably the latter is that they need to be identical.)

It seems amazing to me that families might locate in that community with not-so-hot schools. Maybe they all send kids to private schools? Dunno. Or else I got the school district wrong, but I don't think so....

Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Here Hopes, check out the Nevillewood HOA web site for grins and groans: Nevillewood Home Owners Association I love how the latest news is about lampposts and mailboxes. (Presumably the latter is that they need to be identical.)
Love it! Thanks for the grins and groans! I couldn't live with other people telling me what to do with my property.

Love how they even have a rule restricting for sale signs to one the front and one on the back of the property. Guess they don't want residents to sell their houses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
It seems amazing to me that families might locate in that community with not-so-hot schools. Maybe they all send kids to private schools? Dunno. Or else I got the school district wrong, but I don't think so....
You have the right district. The schools aren't good. My bet is on private schools. There's some serious wealth inside that neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh