U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:17 PM

7 posts, read 29,929 times

Advertisements

Hi guys I just moved to Pittsburgh and I'm looking for some good self car wash and touchless car wash near Squirrel Hill area.

Thanks for your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 04:49 PM

3,191 posts, read 6,038,455 times
We live near Squirrel Hill and I go to the car wash on Penn Avenue in Wilkinsburg. It is located behind the Mcdonalds just before the East Busway underpass. It has two auto wash bays.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 PM

7 posts, read 29,929 times
thanks again, is it called Auto Shower 11 and located at 921 Penn Ave, Wilkinsburg?
I'm so new to here haha.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:16 PM

419 posts, read 387,170 times
The one I go to is on Greenfield Avenue. Go on Wrightman st. It runs Parallel to Murray Ave on the Schenley park side. Find Phillips st or Pocusset st. Pocusset is the street that runs into the major intersection with Murray, and Forward right off the Parkway east. Drive down Pocusset st through a windy road through the park. You will come out to Greenfield road. Make a left. Go on the bridge past 376. Once you get past the bridge in two streets there is Greenfield Ave. Make a right on that. It is not far from there on the right side of Greenfield Ave.

It is the closest one, and it is easy to get too with very little traffic.

Type "Car washes Pittsburgh, PA" into google. You will get a google map of the one I am talking about.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 AM

17 posts, read 29,455 times
There is one in Homestead across from Nancy B's on 8th Ave. There is also a touchless automatic by the Big Lots in Homestead/Munhall.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelso0o View Post
There is one in Homestead across from Nancy B's on 8th Ave. There is also a touchless automatic by the Big Lots in Homestead/Munhall.
We've gone through the wash at the Waterfront (near Big Lots). It's a nice wash, but to much damn traffic near the Waterfront.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc811 View Post
thanks again, is it called Auto Shower 11 and located at 921 Penn Ave, Wilkinsburg?
I'm so new to here haha.
I don't know the address.....it couldn't be easier to find. Come all the way down Forbes Ave to the intersection with South Braddock. You will know you are there as you approach the red light when you see a park area on the right. Turn left, and go all the way to the next red light, which is the intersection of Braddock and Penn Avenue. Turn right at that light (there is a Walgreens at that intersection) and go down until you see a Giant Eagle Get Go. Go just past that, and you'll see a Mcdonalds. Turn in to the Mcdonalds. There is an alley behind Mcdonalds, and you will see the car wash.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM

31,285 posts, read 69,867,759 times
I figured it would be best to bump an existing thread rather than to add a redundant thread. I'm looking to self-wash my car today while I'm off work. I'm aware of the car wash on Penn Avenue near Pennwood Avenue in Wilkinsburg that was referenced here, but I was wondering if there were any closer to me in Polish Hill? I'm specifically looking for the Lawrenceville, Millvale, Shaler, Bloomfield, Polish Hill, Strip District areas.

The Auto Bathhouse in Upper Lawrenceville looks promising, but it isn't self-serve. I'm not looking to sit in my car and have a group of guys give my car a full detail. I also don't want to drive my car through one of those machines. I just want to park in a bay, get out, put $2 into a machine, grab the wand, and go to town spraying off the salt!

Thanks so much!

Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM

1,661 posts, read 2,431,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I figured it would be best to bump an existing thread rather than to add a redundant thread. I'm looking to self-wash my car today while I'm off work. I'm aware of the car wash on Penn Avenue near Pennwood Avenue in Wilkinsburg that was referenced here, but I was wondering if there were any closer to me in Polish Hill? I'm specifically looking for the Lawrenceville, Millvale, Shaler, Bloomfield, Polish Hill, Strip District areas.

The Auto Bathhouse in Upper Lawrenceville looks promising, but it isn't self-serve. I'm not looking to sit in my car and have a group of guys give my car a full detail. I also don't want to drive my car through one of those machines. I just want to park in a bay, get out, put $2 into a machine, grab the wand, and go to town spraying off the salt!

Thanks so much!
There's a good one on Greenfield Avenue near the Swinburne Bridge. And while you're over there, you can stop at Szmidt's for pierogies.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 PM

31,285 posts, read 69,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML North View Post
There's a good one on Greenfield Avenue near the Swinburne Bridge. And while you're over there, you can stop at Szmidt's for pierogies.
Thanks for the recommendations, and I'll certainly keep that in mind the next time my car needs washed! I ended up going to the one in Wilkinsburg and was even treated to the sight of an upstanding young man attempting to assault his girlfriend(ish?) in the McDonald's parking lot nearby while fellow car wash patrons yelled at him to stop from across the lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or