Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:35 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,700,155 times

Advertisements

I hadn't been running in the park for close to a month because of the ice. So out for a long run a couple of days ago, I entered the park on the Braddock trail and headed to the bottom of the park. While on the Braddock trail, I noticed a police cruiser and an city animal control truck. When I made it to the bottom of the park, the animal control passed me. As I made my way out of the park near Reynolds Street, I saw something very odd. Multiple dog walkers all with a leash on their dog. I then saw a police cruiser coming out of the park, and could hear the dog owners mumbling to themseslves. I headed towards South Lexington and saw the cruiser coming my way, so I stopped and asked the officer if they were patrolling for people disobeying the leash law. He told me they were patrolling for any wrong doing they could find. He told me how he has had it with the dog owners causing so many complaints, and he encouraged me to continue to write to the 311 mayors line to complain. I thanked him for keeping an eye on this problem.

What bothered me is there is a Facebook page on Frick Park and someone asked if anyone else heard rumors of "things going on in Frick Park like what used to be heard of in Schenley Park". I know what those things are, I'm just hoping it's not true. Anyone heard anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 06:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Oh, stop! Who cares if homosexuals are hooking up at Frick Park!?!?!?! I'm sure they hook up almost anywhere!

I'm more concerned about the sudden oppression of dog owners than some stupid rumor about homosexuals.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:57 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, stop! Who cares if homosexuals are hooking up at Frick Park!?!?!?! I'm sure they hook up almost anywhere!
OK! Highland Park, Schenley Park, Frick Park, Riverview Park, North Park, South Park.... As long as they are not bothering ME, when I am walking or jogging, I mind my business...

Old 02-04-2010, 07:01 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times
okay...since ya'll brought it up. why is it that gay people like "hooking up" at parks?

Old 02-04-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
okay...since ya'll brought it up. why is it that gay people like "hooking up" at parks?
I would suspect that it's simply a remnant of the culture from back in the closet days. They had to have some way to find each other back then without outing themselves.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:43 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times
Quote:
I would suspect that it's simply a remnant of the culture from back in the closet days. They had to have some way to find each other back then without outing themselves.
okay...makes since, never thought of it that way. that would never sway me away from visiting a park, i've just been curious about that.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I mind my business...
That's hard to believe.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:

I'm more concerned about the sudden oppression of dog owners than some stupid rumor about homosexuals.
Sudden oppression? Please.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Sudden oppression? Please.
So, you hate homosexuals and dog owners?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 AM

Quote:
So, you hate homosexuals and dog owners?
My post never even mentioned the word "Homosexuals". So you can end that right now.

The "sudden oppression of dog owners" is laughable. Do I need to remind and maybe even photograph all those easily visible signs in the park that simply state "DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh