Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:02 PM

366 posts, read 940,570 times

Advertisements

I have an Audi that needs servicing. Long story short, the 'master' mechanic who specializes in foreign cars gave up and recommended I take it to an Audi dealer. Problem is, of the 4 or so I've researched in western PA, all appear to have some issues when it comes to servicing Audis.

I'm prepared to take it under the chin - I'm just looking to weaken the blow. If any City-Data folks can share some positive experience with Audi dealers as it relates to servicing their vehicle I'd love to hear about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,671,863 times
I go to Imports by Day..............but I can't give you the recommendation you are looking for. I am now considering dealing with either South Hills Audi or going to my hometown of Erie PA.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM

78 posts, read 136,465 times
I have a rs 6 Audi and have it serviced at Sewickley Porche and Audi... Good work.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:04 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,402,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizowner00 View Post
I have a rs 6 Audi and have it serviced at Sewickley Porche and Audi... Good work.
i'm jealous...pics please!!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 AM

674 posts, read 1,406,246 times
One of my friends/co-workers has an Audi and has a terrible time getting it serviced. I think it's the nature of the brand. She uses the dealers, and usually has to take it back several times before it is actually fixed.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I go to Imports by Day..............but I can't give you the recommendation you are looking for. I am now considering dealing with either South Hills Audi or going to my hometown of Erie PA.
Haha...seems like we are on the same wavelength. Even though I'm closest to Monroeville, South Hills was the one I was going to contact. My mechanic was "trying" to work with Day. His word only, so who knows...

Old 02-19-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghgirl17 View Post
One of my friends/co-workers has an Audi and has a terrible time getting it serviced. I think it's the nature of the brand. She uses the dealers, and usually has to take it back several times before it is actually fixed.
I know. Previously, I've owned a Toyota, Subaru, and Honda. Each ran without a problem. The Audi seemed like a great deal and I absolutely love the styling, interior, and all wheel drive. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I'm trying to work something out with the dealership that I purchased the car from (since it has been less than 90 days), but they aren't being very helpful.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizowner00 View Post

From what I've read, they seem to be the way to go. If this is any testament, lots of Audi's I see on the road have their license plate holders on.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeesport_alum View Post
I know. Previously, I've owned a Toyota, Subaru, and Honda. Each ran without a problem. The Audi seemed like a great deal and I absolutely love the styling, interior, and all wheel drive. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I'm trying to work something out with the dealership that I purchased the car from (since it has been less than 90 days), but they aren't being very helpful.
Is your car brand new?

I hope it works out well for you. The saying in the auto industry these days is that "Audi is the new BMW" and I truly believe that. They make fantastic cars. Unfortunatley the German cars require a bit more attention during servicing, and Audi recommends always using synthetic oil (which is more costly) but if the cars are well taken care of, it's not unheard of to get well over 200K in mileage or more.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Is your car brand new?

I hope it works out well for you. The saying in the auto industry these days is that "Audi is the new BMW" and I truly believe that. They make fantastic cars. Unfortunatley the German cars require a bit more attention during servicing, and Audi recommends always using synthetic oil (which is more costly) but if the cars are well taken care of, it's not unheard of to get well over 200K in mileage or more.
It is an 05 A4 with 67k miles. It is misfiring after less than 2 months of me owning it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh