Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:22 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times

Advertisements

This is disgusting. The police department just honored the three officers with awards!

3 Officers Accused In Teen's Beating Receive Police Awards - News Story - WPXI Pittsburgh

Who runs the police department? Any responsible elected officials should be voted out for the poor handling of the departments public relations for this case!

Old 03-19-2010, 07:40 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,180,281 times
There's nothing like beating a teenager to get your blood flowing in the morning.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's sick. The officers of the Pittsburgh police force shouldn't take sides until an official determination is made.
Sorta like some posters on this thread taking the kids side, oh I see

Old 03-20-2010, 11:16 AM

Some new things have emerged, Miles admits the police identified themselves and that he fell on his face while trying to run from the police. My question is, why did he run if the cops identified themselves? Now some new pictures have emerged showing he had hair when he was being treated at the hospital. I think this kid my be lying to hide something or mommy is lookin to sue the police. I will be glad when all is said and done.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Some new things have emerged, Miles admits the police identified themselves and that he fell on his face while trying to run from the police.
Show proof that he admitted that.

Quote:
My question is, why did he run if the cops identified themselves?
They certainly didn't find him guilty of anything. There was no gun. There was no drugs.

If it's true (waiting for your proof), perhaps he ran because he's African American and they are white. It's my understanding that many innercity African Americans's are terrified of white police officers.

Quote:
:Now some new pictures have emerged showing he had hair when he was being treated at the hospital. I think this kid my be lying to hide something or mommy is lookin to sue the police. I will be glad when all is said and done.
I don't think those pictures show he had hair in the hospital. I think some of his braids from the top of his head were simply concealing the bald area. Pulled away, the bald area is more easily seen.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Sorta like some posters on this thread taking the kids side, oh I see
He is innocent until proven guilty. The police department has an image of fairness and justice to uphold. They should not be taking sides ahead of time.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:35 PM

So, You have three middle aged white guys in the middle of homewood, I guess they were there to kidnap him and they did identify themselves, then he ran. Cops stop people all the time to ask questions, I've had it happen to me.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
So, You have three middle aged white guys in the middle of homewood, I guess they were there to kidnap him and they did identify themselves, then he ran.
Still waiting for your proof.

The fear of mistaken identity is enough to make an innocent person run.

Quote:
Cops stop people all the time to ask questions, I've had it happen to me.
Big difference. You're not an African American teenager in an innner city neighborhood.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:18 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,668,801 times
Quote:
So, You have three middle aged white guys in the middle of homewood, I guess they were there to kidnap him and they did identify themselves, then he ran. Cops stop people all the time to ask questions, I've had it happen to me.
still waiting to hear where he admitted they identified themselves. i just checked the post-gazette, trib and kdka websites and also google news and there's nothing. where did you hear this?

and as i said earlier, if i was walking by myself in homewood at night, i wouldn't be surprised if i ran from 3 ununiformed men, whether or not they claimed to be cops. yes, the idea that they might want to kidnap him is pretty far fetched, but the idea that they might want to beat or rob him is not. but if he did lie, he's certainly damaged his credibility.

also, there is a HUGE difference between the police department taking sides and private citizens on a message board taking sides. this should be fairly obvious.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:52 PM

Did you ever think the problems with under class inner city black youths is the major reason they themselves fear the police?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh