Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:37 AM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshM25 View Post
Not kidding at all.

I'm not sure of the specific guidelines on here, but I'm pretty sure that obscenity is not tolerated. But it figures -- cause anything that offends Christians is usually acceptable these days. But **** off any other religion, race or minority -- look out.
I'm a Christian too but it doesn't offend me, maybe it's different for some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 08:41 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
You know, that's true for daytime, yet it's never been commonplace in this country to adjust the light level down for night use. Which means at night with the lights blazing you have a similar issue.
It's an issue at night too when you're driving in a major city with a lot of ambient light. It's not as much of an issue, but it's still an issue. And that's why the lights in the tunnel aren't "blazing" at night but rather they lower the lighting intensity at night.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:54 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,650,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
And that's why the lights in the tunnel aren't "blazing" at night but rather they lower the lighting intensity at night.
I have not found this to be the case very often. Or, if so, the timing is far enough off that I often encounter it too bright when it's already dark, still blazing that extra lighting at the entrance for example. That makes perfect sense during the day. Of course, nobody accounts for heavily overcast days, etc. The lighting can and should be more adjustable and adjusted more often, but in my experience it is not adjusted properly. In some cases this is just the case of really old lighting systems that need to be replaced, but the Ft Pitt has a modern system from a refit several years ago. Still they get this wrong in my experience.

This is much brighter and more concentrated than the ambient light of a city or even the overhead lighting which is placed at certain highway interchanges and such.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:24 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,717,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodistortion View Post
You have got to be kidding me.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:45 PM

22 posts, read 40,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodistortion View Post
You have got to be kidding me.
Nope, just another example of someone trying to make an argument out of nothing within these threads/boards. Some people will find anything to argue/complain about...

Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 PM

142 posts, read 365,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpenni View Post
Nope, just another example of someone trying to make an argument out of nothing within these threads/boards. Some people will find anything to argue/complain about...
Not really. Just stating my perspective of being offended by the usage of the Lord's name. I actually agree 100% with your sentiment though -- folks argue about opinion, which is ridiculous.

I wasn't looking for an argument. I simply feel that the usage of an expletive like that shouldn't be allowed.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,775,220 times
Quote:
Not really. Just stating my perspective of being offended by the usage of the Lord's name. I actually agree 100% with your sentiment though -- folks argue about opinion, which is ridiculous.

I wasn't looking for an argument. I simply feel that the usage of an expletive like that shouldn't be allowed.
It was used as an exclamation, not an expletive. Do you get offended when people say "Good Lord!" or "Oh my god!"?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM

142 posts, read 365,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
It was used as an exclamation, not an expletive. Do you get offended when people say "Good Lord!" or "Oh my god!"?
Not as much, but it does bother me. I wouldn't make an issue over it.

But anyway, I'm done talking about it. Let's move on people.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:02 PM

419 posts, read 448,057 times
Quote:
Not as much, but it does bother me. I wouldn't make an issue over it.

But anyway, I'm done talking about it. Let's move on people.
Arn't you Christians suppose to just forgive people that sin or something? Brush it off. If you really take your religion seriously and faithfully then forgive and forget. Do what Jesus would do or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh