Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 AM

128 posts, read 95,251 times

Advertisements

Current problems are all from Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know we all miss Bush and want him back, but we need to
vote R in the Fall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,313 times
By doing whatever he chose to do without opposition. He followed cheney's orders very well.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
How did Bush cause our current Economic problems?

Pick a few and read how..Google

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Now your changing gears....again...

The tax cuts were NOT paid for, the wars NOT paid for. Medicare prescription NOT paid for. So please show me on this grid, where did the increase in revenue go? Spending has been at a all time high over the last 20 years and guess what, BOTH PARTIES own it. No matter how much you would like to excuse the Republicans, there is absolutely NO WAY without flat out lying to yourself to do it.
I think the point being made here is that the tax cuts increased revenue.

Now to the point where you repeating the Democratic Party line, and complain that the Medicare prescription drug program was "not paid for", you can blame that on both parties, since both voted for the program.

BTW, does this mean you are in favor of a more frugal government? That would be wonderful if liberals, democrats and progressives were opposed to increasing the deficit, or spending tax dollars on programs not mandated in the Constitution, and were in favor of reducing the federal budget and discretionary spending. I don't believe any of that is true, and democrats only use the "not paid for" line as a political weapon to beat Bush with. The democrats have their PAYGO and refuse to follow it.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
By doing whatever he chose to do without opposition. He followed cheney's orders very well.

OK, specifically what?

"Whatever" doesn't count.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:16 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think the point being made here is that the tax cuts increased revenue.

Now to the point where you repeating the Democratic Party line, and complain that the Medicare prescription drug program was "not paid for", you can blame that on both parties, since both voted for the program.

BTW, does this mean you are in favor of a more frugal government? That would be wonderful if liberals, democrats and progressives were opposed to increasing the deficit, or spending tax dollars on programs not mandated in the Constitution, and were in favor of reducing the federal budget and discretionary spending. I don't believe any of that is true, and democrats only use the "not paid for" line as a political weapon to beat Bush with. The democrats have their PAYGO and refuse to follow it.

Which part of BOTH PARTIES own it did not register with you? No where did I indicate in my previous post (unlike others) Its all one parties fault

Old 07-18-2010, 05:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Which part of BOTH PARTIES own it did not register with you? No where did I indicate in my previous post (unlike others) Its all one parties fault
I agree with you. There have been a few decades of policies leading to this. Responsibility lies with many people, including the average Joe. GW simply did nothing to prevent it, he just followed the Heritage Foundation's ideas on how this Country should be run. This just continued the trend and actually aggravated it. In this election, we have a choice. Do we want go back to that or do we want to work our way away from that? The GOP candidates don't really represent a way out, the Dem candidates are certainly not perfect, but there are many that do want to work our way out.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:10 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,444,984 times
Sometimes a picture's worth a thousand words.

Last edited by GreenGene; 12-31-2016 at 09:33 AM..

Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 AM

561 posts, read 505,494 times
Default Reality Check !

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So let's hear it Bush haters. What specifically did "W" do to trash the US economy?
Momonkey,

Wake up and smell the reality. W (pronounced "DUB-ewe") is a major player in our current financial mess. But don't listen to me, listen to him . . .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8

He also:

> Encouraged sub-prime lending as a way to increase low-income and minority homeownership;
> Imposed "affordable housing goals" on HUD, Fannie and Freddie;
> Lowered the capital reserve requirements for Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan, etc.
> Allowed the 5 largest investment banks to increase their leverage ratios to more than 30 to 1;
> Ran a budget deficit for 7 out of 8 years;
> Spent Billions on a war-of-choice with Iraq;
> Encouraged Americans to spend, spend, spend to improve the economy;
> Passed the $780 Billion TARP bailout.

Get the picture?

Old 07-18-2010, 07:26 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Momonkey,

Wake up and smell the reality. W (pronounced "DUB-ewe") is a major player in our current financial mess. But don't listen to me, listen to him . . .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8

He also:

> Encouraged sub-prime lending as a way to increase low-income and minority homeownership;
> Imposed "affordable housing goals" on HUD, Fannie and Freddie;
> Lowered the capital reserve requirements for Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan, etc.
> Allowed the 5 largest investment banks to increase their leverage ratios to more than 30 to 1;
> Ran a budget deficit for 7 out of 8 years;
> Spent Billions on a war-of-choice with Iraq;
> Encouraged Americans to spend, spend, spend to improve the economy;
> Passed the $780 Billion TARP bailout.

Get the picture?
So both are bad , can we stop the games and vote in better people .
Look at the 2nd and 3rd choice in 2008 , Hilary and McCain ? Good Lord , for all the people in the USA this is what we get .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies