Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 11:27 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times

Advertisements

No, and while you are it, I suggest you get over your Obama obsession. It was cute at first but now it is just making you look silly and hysterical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
With the ever mounting failures and incompetence of the Obama administration, it makes one wonder if voters will avoid black presidents in the future, or simply overlook his race and attribute his failures to personal incompetence? I think that his presidency, while historic in being the first black president, may diminish the hopes of future black candidates, as voters will have Obama in the back of thier minds.
No. But between him, Reed, and Pelosi I hope it sets the Ds back 100 yrs

Old 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,237,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Personally, I think its a very relevant question. 95% of black voters voted for Obama. Let's be honest, this is not politics, this is loyalty to the race. Along that vein, never underestimate the power of the white constituency to exercise the same reverse loyalty to the white race. Especially if it turns out that the first "black" President is a rhetoric-filled wind bag of epic failure proportions.
The whole "racial loyalty" argument is as worn out as any overplayed race card. This of course amounts to saying that since race was the determining factor for most blacks voting for Obama, it was also the determining factor for most whites voting against him.

Blacks have long been voting for Dems in high numbers. The historical import of this presidency in particular was simply the icing on the cake. Of course people also conveniently forget that blacks didn't exactly warm up to Obama as soon as he hit the national stage. It was only when he solidified his stance and viability as a candidate that they began to come out in support in large numbers.

It really seems like some whites want him to fail just so they'll have a reason to stack the race deck against any potential black candidate in future elections; i.e., to gain the ability to say "See, I told you so..." as they exercise their own "reverse racial loyalty".

Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
The whole "racial loyalty" argument is as worn out as any overplayed race card. This of course amounts to saying that since race was the determining factor for most blacks voting for Obama, it was also the determining factor for most whites voting against him.

Blacks have long been voting for Dems in high numbers. The historical import of this presidency in particular was simply the icing on the cake. Of course people also conveniently forget that blacks didn't exactly warm up to Obama as soon as he hit the national stage. It was only when he solidified his stance and viability as a candidate that they began to come out in support in large numbers.

It really seems like some whites want him to fail just so they'll have a reason to stack the race deck against any potential black candidate in future elections; i.e., to gain the ability to say "See, I told you so..." as they exercise their own "reverse racial loyalty".
Honestly, I could care less if there is racial loyalty. I think racial loyalty is about as normal as breathing. If you want to vote for a black man just because he is black, who cares?

Of course I do have the right to tell you I think you made a mistake, and you have the right to ignore me. I would rather people just at least have the balls to stand up and tell the truth about it. Don't make up excuses because you don't want to face reality, or you don't want others to think poorly of you.

Being a racist and putting your "people" before others is as normal as putting your family before others. I don't respect you any more because you choose to help your football team rather than your mother. Or your art club rather than your brother.

Blacks are just closer to other blacks than to whites. They share a tighter ancestral bond and history, they tend to have more similar experiences and backgrounds. Why is that a bad thing?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:10 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,594 times
Quote:
With the ever mounting failures and incompetence of the Obama administration, it makes one wonder if voters will avoid black presidents in the future, or simply overlook his race and attribute his failures to personal incompetence? I think that his presidency, while historic in being the first black president, may diminish the hopes of future black candidates, as voters will have Obama in the back of thier minds.

Yeah definately Obama has shown that blacks are incapable of being president. Just like Bush made me realize that whites are incapable of being president. Now we're down to either a woman, hispanic, or asian as only being able to run the country. Hopefully none of them suck or else we'll have to start looking to outer space for our next candidate.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:22 AM

102 posts, read 127,442 times
Quote:
I think America has learned a lesson that not even Maxine Waters could teach. I will be a cold day "down under" before America even considers going down that road again.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:27 AM

102 posts, read 127,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Yeah definately Obama has shown that blacks are incapable of being president. Just like Bush made me realize that whites are incapable of being president. Now we're down to either a woman, hispanic, or asian as only being able to run the country. Hopefully none of them suck or else we'll have to start looking to outer space for our next candidate.
Hmm. America went from scratch to the greatest nation and force for good in the history of mankind, and I am pretty sure at least a few of the Presdents during that time where not only white, but also males.

I am curious, though. do you put any rational and objective thought into your posts, or do you just let the hatred and resentment flow?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:50 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I truly do not think that People will, because the color of one's skin, the issue here with Obama has never been about his color, after all, he is part black, and part white. They should be judged more by their strengths, and their abilities to handle our Economy, our Debt, Employment, Foreign Policiy, our Military, and issues of importance, and how they handle them. His sucesses, and failures should not be judged by his skin color but some may equate his failures with a black face, just the way it is. You have to have a charisma, and a thick skin, which i do not think that obama has, he cannot take insults with a grain of salt, most of us know this. To the question, i do not think that people would not vote again for a black Candidate just because of Obama, now then, if things get really messed up bad, by Obama, then they just might.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Oh yes..........we are toast. Thanks Big O......thanks a lot. We'll still get other offices.....but the big seat??? Naaaah.....

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
I think they will "attribute his failures to personal incompetence".

I don't see what his race has to do with it since 0bama is a politically liberal ideologue first, a democrat second, and whatever race he claims is a distant third.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies