Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham Stallions View Post
Stop and think about what your saying, Harvard University isn't any regular school and we know what legacy he left at that school! Is this one of those, i'm a racist and my life sucks, so let me attack the president because he's mulatto?
No it is one of those, quit trying to accuse everyone else of being a racist, since deep down inside you are racist, and wish everyone else was just like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:07 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham Stallions View Post
Reason being majority of the nation is beyond race or skin color issues, but we must realize the older generation, who grew up in those unequal times are stuck in their ways!!
then learn to quit being stuck in your ways, quit trying to make everything into a racial issue, when there isnt any... Lets see, who is the racist, someone that thinks someone else is incompetent in running the country, or one who wants to make everything a racial issue...

Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
This will be the truth. Just as if Hilary would have won and this same thing would have happened, people would be more wary of putting a woman in the white house. Whether you agree with it or not doesn't matter.

Why would this country be past that? Last time I checked the democrats are constantly painting the Republicans and especially the tea-partiers as a bunch of racists. You have people like Al Sharpton on the news constantly claiming racism for almost everything. You have the Arizona immigration law stirring up even more racial debates. And then theres the reality of high minority unemployment, high minority crime, and then the constant claims of affirmative-action in politics in the case of everyone from Obama, to Jindal, to Michael Steele, to even the decision for McCain to have Palin as his running mate.

"I think diversity is like communism...it only works on paper. Diversity should work but there is too much prejudice and stereotype on both sides of the fence."
The country isn't past it. Dems keep saying that the R's are racist, because they can't come up with anything real against them, other than slander. Al Sharpton is just a loser trying to get attention any way he can. He hasn't done anything of importance. Pulling the race card all the time for everything under the sun just shows his lack of intellegence. And it is creating a stereotype that isn't fair to decent people. The only one that is holding any race back is themselves. Al needs to grow a pair, and help his race, not vitimize it. If you want something in life, then go for it. Don't say that you can't because you are gay, or a woman, or black, or whatever. I'm sick of it!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
It depends on how you look at him; It is perfectly REASONABLE to say obama is the darkest skinned WHITE president (he IS, after all, HALF AND HALF!)!
TRUE "black " people could justifiably say he is just another whitey screwing things up, don't blame decent colored folks!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Personally, I think its a very relevant question. 95% of black voters voted for Obama. Let's be honest, this is not politics, this is loyalty to the race. Along that vein, never underestimate the power of the white constituency to exercise the same reverse loyalty to the white race. Especially if it turns out that the first "black" President is a rhetoric-filled wind bag of epic failure proportions.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:14 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Personally, I think its a very relevant question. 95% of black voters voted for Obama. Let's be honest, this is not politics, this is loyalty to the race. Along that vein, never underestimate the power of the white constituency to exercise the same reverse loyalty to the white race. Especially if it turns out that the first "black" President is a rhetoric-filled wind bag of epic failure proportions.
Ouch.

You're right though.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well said. The white libs that voted for him, did so, so that they could "prove" that they were openminded and not racist. This is what happens when you vote someone in based on race only. You get our lovely Barry. Color shouldn't matter. But most poeple voted him in because he was black.
Now they don't want to admit that he is a failure. They say that he isn't failing, but people are opposing him because he's black.
Of course people want him to succeed. I would want any U.S. pres to do well, because that means our country will do well. But this guy, black, white, yellow, or gray, he's just doing a poor job. And skin color has nothing to do with that!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Hard to say but if this were a woman president, I don't think people would have much problem thinking that, in the future, the presidency is best left to men.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:59 AM

42 posts, read 26,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
Hopefully it prevents another Democrat from taking office for a few decades but I don't see why Obama's ineptitude should have any effect on future black candidates. Like someone mention earlier, what we should learn from this is to not elect Presidents with less executive experience than a Wal-Mart manager.
Okay so we are better, when we are at war and getting attacked by other countries? This whole Democrat vs Republican crap is too much, if you ask me! Bush could've gotten us all killed or as North Korea stated knocked off the map, is that what you want or do you want to raise your family and live a normal life?McCain has the same policies as Bush and he's Republican, so please think before you vote for our next president! Our future and lives can be at stake!!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 AM

42 posts, read 26,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Well said. The white libs that voted for him, did so, so that they could "prove" that they were openminded and not racist. This is what happens when you vote someone in based on race only. You get our lovely Barry. Color shouldn't matter. But most poeple voted him in because he was black.
Now they don't want to admit that he is a failure. They say that he isn't failing, but people are opposing him because he's black.
Of course people want him to succeed. I would want any U.S. pres to do well, because that means our country will do well. But this guy, black, white, yellow, or gray, he's just doing a poor job. And skin color has nothing to do with that!
Of course when you compare him to Bush's legacy of almost getting the nation knocked off the map!! What is a good job? Please tell me the last president that did a good job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies