Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times

Advertisements

NPR is supposed to be left wing based on what people say.
I've been saying for a while that it's a "fake left wing" radio station.

Since 50% of the time, NPR is talking about World issues in Afghanistan, China, Russia, etc.
I couldn't wait to hear NPR talking about the World Cup.

Surprise, just like rightwinger soccer-basher Jim Rome, NPR only talks about the negatives things about the World Cup:
- South Africa's poverty
- Dictator's influence in soccer
- Players that play for a country where they haven't lived in the last 10-20 years

NPR is constantly bashing anything that is left wing
The World Cup can be considered left wing, because it brings all the countries in the World together and makes them forget about all the hate and politics.

There's 1000s of wonderful things that NPR could say about the World Cup.
but they won't do it, even though 50% of their staff has an English accent where soccer is king.... because NPR is not left wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 AM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
NPR keeps on going,
now they are talking about South Africa's extremely high murder rate and AIDS rate.

Hey NPR,
how about you talk about the soccer fans and soccer players at the World Cup?

Old 06-10-2010, 01:03 PM

206 posts, read 193,927 times
hahahaha, the World Cup is left wing because they play against other nations...LMAO

Old 06-10-2010, 01:35 PM

137 posts, read 203,633 times
It's not sports radio. They report on news and social commentary. I don't see any issue with discussing social and geographical issues involved with World Cup/S Africa—especially when you have journalists being robbed at gunpoint there. I also fail to see how it's a left right issue.

The media was all over China when they were chosen for the Olympics. I don't see how it's much difference, unless I'm missing something?

BTW, I will be watching the games.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:36 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
NPR is supposed to be left wing based on what people say.
I've been saying for a while that it's a "fake left wing" radio station.

Since 50% of the time, NPR is talking about World issues in Afghanistan, China, Russia, etc.
I couldn't wait to hear NPR talking about the World Cup.

Surprise, just like rightwinger soccer-basher Jim Rome, NPR only talks about the negatives things about the World Cup:
- South Africa's poverty
- Dictator's influence in soccer
- Players that play for a country where they haven't lived in the last 10-20 years

NPR is constantly bashing anything that is left wing
The World Cup can be considered left wing, because it brings all the countries in the World together and makes them forget about all the hate and politics.

There's 1000s of wonderful things that NPR could say about the World Cup.
but they won't do it, even though 50% of their staff has an English accent where soccer is king.... because NPR is not left wing.
Poverty is left wing? really? wow.

Glad I aint left wing!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
NPR keeps on going,
now they are talking about South Africa's extremely high murder rate and AIDS rate.

Hey NPR,
how about you talk about the soccer fans and soccer players at the World Cup?

I knew AIDS was left wing but I didnt know Murder was...Thanks for the info.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:43 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,578 times
South Africa sucks, forums poster Dopo is shocked by this fact and posts in rage.

South Africa barely got it together for the World Cup anyway, they were considering backup options in case they were unable to follow through and build stadiums, etc.

As a note I happen to think the world cup owns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies