Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Well, when you get a link to that video, you just let me know sweetheart.
Here you go darling.
YouTube - NC Tea Party Member Punched
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:39 AM

10 posts, read 6,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Nice video, where is the punch thrown by the Tea Party guy? I think he's holding a camera, kind of hard to throw a punch holding that thing like that. It looked alot more like a push to get him out of his face.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
and there is the race being played in a thread that was about one idiot who couldn't keep his hands to himself
Are you denying that if the roles were reversed that race would not have been made an issue of? He'd probably be charged with hate crimes on top of assault charges.

So if it's a black on white crime, it's 'one idiot', but if it's white on black crime, it's pervasive racism. Don't get me wrong, both scenarios are equally appalling and inexcusable, but I'm just pointing out the obvious double standard.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Are you denying that if the roles were reversed that race would not have been made an issue of? He'd probably be charged with hate crimes on top of assault charges.

So if it's a black on white crime, it's 'one idiot', but if it's white on black crime, it's pervasive racism. Don't get me wrong, both scenarios are equally appalling and inexcusable, but I'm just pointing out the obvious double standard.
"The obvious double standard" is your own conjecture.

Lots of you do that -- make up something, then start talking as if it's true.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:27 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Yup, the thug pushed the guy's wife. I'd kick his a** for doing that, and Mr. Tabor showed brilliant restraint not having the loser kiss the pavement. By butting into the protest, seeking trouble, and pushing the guy's wife, basically he got lucky that he wasn't pummeled on by the group.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:49 AM

10 posts, read 6,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"The obvious double standard" is your own conjecture.

Lots of you do that -- make up something, then start talking as if it's true.
Now this is funny coming from someone who says Glenn Beck is fooling his audience when he shows videos and transcripts of ideology papers coming right from the sources. He's soooo good that he is a ventriloquist making videos say what he wants them to say and rewriting the papers into his own words and then uploading them all over the internet.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yup, the thug pushed the guy's wife. I'd kick his a** for doing that, and Mr. Tabor showed brilliant restraint not having the loser kiss the pavement. By butting into the protest, seeking trouble, and pushing the guy's wife, basically he got lucky that he wasn't pummeled on by the group.
So first my dear you deny the entire video's existence, then condone it. I'd LOVE to see mr. white collar (i mean purple) have a face off with him. Looking at that one left jab, it wouldn't be pretty.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:58 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
So first my dear you deny the entire video's existence, then condone it. I'd LOVE to see mr. white collar (i mean purple) have a face off with him. Looking at that one left jab, it wouldn't be pretty.
No, that was a push and not a punch. It's hard to punch with a camera in your hand. I highly condone beating the crap out of someone who pushed my wife (currently fiancee), especially if the belligerent came into the scene to start trouble. What you'd love to see is irrelevant.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:03 AM

0:02 questionable push or punch. 0:04 clearly a punch with his left fist (you can hold a camera in one hand you know)

Old 06-11-2010, 10:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
Now this is funny coming from someone who says Glenn Beck is fooling his audience when he shows videos and transcripts of ideology papers coming right from the sources. He's soooo good that he is a ventriloquist making videos say what he wants them to say and rewriting the papers into his own words and then uploading them all over the internet.
It is funny, and it's the same thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies