Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM

328 posts, read 196,050 times

Advertisements

I am happy for the both of you. Once again I could care less. When the Jewish Encyclopedia says jews a race then I tend to believe them than some random person on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 01:25 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
I am happy for the both of you. Once again I could care less. When the Jewish Encyclopedia says jews a race then I tend to believe them than some random person on here.

The Jewish encyclopedia? Would probably also say they are "God's chosen people" and would probably relay a cute story about oil lasting for eight days when there was only enough for one day.

Try some non-religious texts next time you want to have a discussion outside of the context of Seminary school.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM

It wasn't a religious text pal. No they are NOT God's chosen people. Like I said I could care less what some liberal thinks hell for that matter I don't care what anyone thinks I know they are a race so that is the end of it.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,619 times
I live in NJ , all colors here . I have never known or seen a person "afraid of minorities" .
Are you people watching West side story ? Turn it off.
If whoever is collecting taxes would stop taking from the working class and giving to the welfare class we all could get along .

Old 06-11-2010, 01:30 PM

The United States will be like every other empire that conquered other races or allowed other races into their societies it will fall and collapse. The end of Western Civilization.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:30 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The Jewish encyclopedia? Would probably also say they are "God's chosen people" and would probably relay a cute story about oil lasting for eight days when there was only enough for one day.

Try some non-religious texts next time you want to have a discussion outside of the context of Seminary school.
Jewish is a race you are looking foolish .

Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Jewish is a race you are looking foolish .

You people are utterly ridiculous. Jewish is a cultural and religious identity. A "race" of people only in the loosest use of the term, such as "the American race."

Ignorance knows no bounds on City Data!

What Is "Jewish?"

Old 06-11-2010, 01:40 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
According to the latest Census Bureau Estimates for 2009, the ethnic composition of the United States looks something like this...

65.1% Non-hispanic white
15.8% Hispanic
12.3% Non-hispanic Black
4.6% Asian
1% Native Alaska or Native American
1.7% 2 or more races
.2% Hawaiian or Pacific Islander

(Does not total 100% because hispanics can be more than one race for the figures I selected) (the rest of the ethnic groups are for people claiming one race) (Not pinpoint accurate but a good general idea

These figures are based on the estimated 307,006,550 people residing in the US.

I am not trying to start a debate. I am just wondering what people's take is on the accuracy of these estimates. Any surprises?
Is this not misleading if the percentages are presented as ethnic groups, but the categories are race?

Question 8 on the census ask if you are of Hispanic, Latin or spanish origin, while question 9 asks your race.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, the Arab designation is much like the Hispanic or Latino, except that Arabs have been around much longer........

Arab is a language and cultural heritage, more than a racial one. Although many Arabs share racial characteristics, some do not. Some who speak Arabic as a language and have a distinct Arab culture are more black African or mulatto (Sudan, Egypt, Libya, Morocco), while there are those in Syria or Lebanon who are blond-haired and blue-eyed.
Many of those from the Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, etc) also seem straddle the line between white and non-white racially.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
The United States will be like every other empire that conquered other races or allowed other races into their societies it will fall and collapse. The end of Western Civilization.
That's actually a fairly accurate description of the Roman empire, sad to say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies