Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No doubt not all teachers are bad no one is saying they are but to deny whats going on in our school systems is crazy.

I was with a friend the other day going to pick up their sick child. I seen an office that had a sticker for transgender/gay whatever else the rest was Sorry I wouldnt want my child seeing that asking a teacher to explain what all that is. That I believe is up to the parents. When I was in school you wouldnt have dare seen something like that on a door in a school.

Heck the guy working in our white house thinks teaching fisting to gays in school is acceptable. Sorry I dont agree with that. Also something that would have NEVER happened while I was in school.
Trangender and gay people are part of society. I actually am gay myself. While I understand an uncomfortable subject for some, I'm not sure what you think you are protecting children from by eliminating references to gay and or transgendered people....

There are age appropriate explanations for everything. "Most boys fall in love with girls. Some boys fall in love with other boys. That's how people are made," certainly can be understood by an elementary school child.

If you consider acceptance of gays some kind of radical agenda, than we're not going to agree. But acceptance of gays is part of understanding and functioning within the diversity of the United States... Acceptance of gays, devout Christians, African Americans, Hispanics, is all important-- even if it is not taught at home...

As far as the president wanting to teach fisting... I think you know better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 10:49 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Trangender and gay people are part of society. I actually am gay myself. While I understand an uncomfortable subject for some, I'm not sure what you think you are protecting children from by eliminating references to gay and or transgendered people....

There are age appropriate explanations for everything. "Most boys fall in love with girls. Some boys fall in love with other boys. That's how people are made," certainly can be understood by an elementary school child.

If you consider acceptance of gays some kind of radical agenda, than we're not going to agree. But acceptance of gays is part of understanding and functioning within the diversity of the United States... Acceptance of gays, devout Christians, African Americans, Hispanics, is all important-- even if it is not taught at home...

As far as the president wanting to teach fisting... I think you know better than that.
I am not saying they arent part of society. I dont think a someone working in a school should be having a sticker on their door like that for an elementary age student to be asking. Excuse me Mrs whatever what does that sticker stand for? What does that mean. Its not the schools place that is the parents place. I dont care if someone is a transgenders, Gay Ru Paul. Heck Just dont be promoting it in schools for children to ask what that is.

I dont think the person in charge of all education in America should feel we should be teaching our children about fisting either.

I am not against Gays. I have more gay friends then I do straight friends guess what they all agree with me. I have a very close gay person in my family. I use to have a gay assistant. When her lover left her after 15 years she called me before anyone else. Thats how close we were.

I just dont think that has any place in an elementary school. Some things our children need to be protected from and not subject to.

I didnt say the president wanted to teaching fisting.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I am not saying they arent part of society. I dont think a someone working in a school should be having a sticker on their door like that for an elementary age student to be asking. Excuse me Mrs whatever what does that sticker stand for? What does that mean. Its not the schools place that is the parents place. I dont care if someone is a transgenders, Gay Ru Paul. Heck Just dont be promoting it in schools for children to ask what that is.

I dont think the person in charge of all education in America should feel we should be teaching our children about fisting either.

I am not against Gays. I have more gay friends then I do straight friends guess what they all agree with me. I have a very close gay person in my family. I use to have a gay assistant. When her lover left her after 15 years she called me before anyone else. Thats how close we were.

I just dont think that has any place in an elementary school. Some things our children need to be protected from and not subject to.

I didnt say the president wanted to teaching fisting.
Again, the age appropriateness of the explanation is the key. Just like "Where do Babies Come From?" doesn't require you explain intercourse to a 6 year old, the issue of gay lifestyles can be handled in an equally age appropriate way. I don't think an explanation of gay lifestyles has to be about sex-- although it seems that many who are homophobic immediately jump to gay sexual imagery when gay people are mentioned. (When I see straight people at the mall, I don't immediately leap to a mind image of them doing the nasty.)

I do have to take issue with "promoting" gay lifestyles. You seem far too smart to believe that kids can be promoted or even that gays and lesbians have recruiting as part of their agenda.... So I think what's being promoted is the tolerance...

It seems from your explanation your children (or potential children... I don't know if you have any!) would be raised with healthy, constructive attitudes about gay people. You have gay people in your life, and gay people you love. Your child would likely have the same

Not every kid has that. There are kids who are raised on constant anti-gay (or anti-black.. or anti-whatever) diatribes... That's where the promotion of tolerance is so critical! It's a matte of those kids accepting others... or even sometimes, themselves.

Gay teenagers have the highest rate of suicides. I knew I was gay in elementary school. Knowing I was accepted would have been even better.

Thanks for the respectful and non-hysterical discussion.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Another post of pure paranoid crap by the RWL's.
What do you need that counts more than an infiltrating FBI agent on videotape from decades ago? It's not like Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dorhn deny their connection to the Weather Underground. It's not like Ayers isn't on the record for saying he wished he'd done more. What member of today's media will ask Bill Ayers about the FBI agent's words?

When Van Jones was on tape saying he was a Communist, why did the media report "the issue" of his leaving the Obama administration as being he was a 9/11 truther and he called the Republicans bad names and they neglected to mention he was a self-avowed Communist. Valerie Jarrett was also on tape saying they had been watching Van Jones for years. How did "they" miss that "Communist" thing?

Why is it when the words straight from the horse's mouth, damn these people, there are still people with their heads in the sand? What more do you need? I'm thinking it's like the Holocaust deniers. Mounds of remains staring them right in the face yet they denied their own eyes.

Is it that your whole world ends if you admit you've been duped so you keep perpetuating the only truth you want to believe? Is it easier to shoot the messenger (Beck) than process these videos with your eyes and ears and brain?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:31 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
obama's pal bill really was quite a piece of work, wasn't he?

you'd think that advocating the extermination of 25 million Americans would be disturbing to even an o-bot.... but you'd be wrong.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
obama's pal bill really was quite a piece of work, wasn't he?

you'd think that advocating the extermination of 25 million Americans would be disturbing to even an o-bot.... but you'd be wrong.
Do you feel the least bit disingenuous describing them as pals?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:48 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Do you feel the least bit disingenuous describing them as pals?
considering obama kicked off his run for state senate in his pal bill's living room, and was described by bill as 'a family friend'?
not in the slightest.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:53 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Another post of pure paranoid crap by the RWL's.
Typical - can't say it's a lie. Can't deny it happened. So resort to namecalling. Lib 101

Old 06-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your concern. I am certain I haven't been indoctrinated. I have come to a progressive/liberal perspective because it is most in line with more core values and beliefs. Not because my teachers were communists.
Ahhhh, the beauty of indoctrination: they never see it coming LOL

Old 06-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:

Then you don't have a problem with the 10 commandments being displayed? Bibles in the library?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies