Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 08:28 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Your stance is well documented and the selfishness falls solely on those that believe they have the right to determine who should live and who shouldn't, like the holocaust.

the holocaust was one man with a military machine bent on destroying people he didn't think should exist.

abortion is about one woman and her right to do with her body as she wants. it is not the state telling women they must abort
however make it illegal and the state will tell us we must give birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 08:35 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So a couple that doesn't want children who is not eligible for Tubal Ligation (you have to be over 35) or Vasectomy, cannot HAVE SEX ever
I have two issues with this portion of your post;

First, I do not believe there is any such age requirement for this procedure in the United States. If you have proof otherwise, please provide it.
Second, you believe there IS such a restriction on the rights of women to control their bodies and to make decisions regarding their own fertility and reproduction options, and gloss over it as totally inconsequential. Why do you fight so hard for a woman's right to abort a pregnancy, yet not rail against this obstruction of her her right to prevent it in the first place?

Old 07-17-2010, 08:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When was Hitler ever pro-life?
He wasnt that was my whole point.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I have two issues with this portion of your post;

First, I do not believe there is any such age requirement for this procedure in the United States. If you have proof otherwise, please provide it.
Second, you believe there IS such a restriction on the rights of women to control their bodies and to make decisions regarding their own fertility and reproduction options, and gloss over it as totally inconsequential. Why do you fight so hard for a woman's right to abort a pregnancy, yet not rail against this obstruction of her her right to prevent it in the first place?

there is not a law that says you have to be a certain age to get a tubal. however the majority of doctors will not do them on women who are under 30 or who have never had children. far too many women change their minds which makes it hard for the women who do know they want one at an early age able to get one.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Controlling of women's lives, forcing them through pregnancies ; sounds like a man controlled environment to me.
Really! tell my wife and three daughters who got me involved in the movement ten years ago when they drug me to my first walk for life.
If not for them I would have probably been out playing golf. They are the Zelots. Believe me, ask their husbands and boyfriends when they call me to commiserate about how my daughters are running their lives. The biggest backers of the pro life movement are women. Just look at the make up of any walk for life rally. 75 percent will be women.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the holocaust was one man with a military machine bent on destroying people he didn't think should exist.

abortion is about one woman and her right to do with her body as she wants. it is not the state telling women they must abort
however make it illegal and the state will tell us we must give birth.
Quote:
In August 1995, McCorvey announced that she had switched sides on the abortion debate. "I'm pro-life," McCorvey stated. "I think I have always been pro-life, I just didn't know it." McCorvey's reversal was attributed to her new friendship with the Reverend Philip ("Flip") Benham, national director of the militant antiabortion group Operation Rescue.
Read more: Roe v. Wade - Norma Mccorvey: The Real Jane Roe Roe v. Wade - Norma Mccorvey: The Real Jane Roe

Old 07-17-2010, 09:14 PM

big john I do know the story of norma

Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 PM

So its foundations, born out of racism, are dismissed by its followers. The party at the forefront of the current legislation abandons it. Yet we still have feverish supporters. None of the people at the forefront still stand with you be it being called out for abhorrent racism or a fierce opposition and yet you still champion that "right". What for? Why?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So its foundations, born out of racism, are dismissed by its followers. The party at the forefront of the current legislation abandons it. Yet we still have feverish supporters. None of the people at the forefront still stand with you be it being called out for abhorrent racism or a fierce opposition and yet you still champion that "right". What for? Why?

abortion was not discovered by margret sanger abortion has been around since man and woman got together. there are millions of people at the forefront who support the right to choice. norma changing her mind some 20 plus years later does not negate what her lawyers fought for and is now law of the land. it is about choice, norma like the rest of us has the right to make it.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:47 PM

I'm so disappointed! If we can't even overcome the idea that all life is precious and that every life has something to offer how are we suppose to overcome nuclear holocaust. How can we not destroy ourselves in a hail of fiery atoms if we think we're just a species no better than the typical cockroach?

:-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies