Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:26 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
But he didn't disarm the country like liberals and obviously some conservatives like to point out.
Depends on your view. He disarmed anyone who would be a victim, and anyone who might stop his mass murders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 01:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Hitler used gun control to disarm anyone suspected of being disloyal to him. It made his victims defenseless mostly.
Once someone was suspected of being disloyal to him, one's gun being taken away was the least one had to worry about Probably in such cases they took away one's freedom as well, if you get my drift, and maybe even one's life.

I don't even think they did confiscate arms of individuals, they knew there were lots of guns around, an enemy of his could simply have taken the gun of a relative to retaliate.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:28 PM

328 posts, read 196,050 times
Quote:
Depends on your view. He disarmed anyone who would be a victim, and anyone who might stop his mass murders.
What mass murders? He didn't kill anyone

Old 06-12-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Once someone was suspected of being disloyal to him, one's gun being taken away was the least one had to worry about Probably in such cases they took away one's freedom as well, if you get my drift, and maybe even one's life.

I don't even think they did confiscate arms of individuals, they knew there were lots of guns around, an enemy of his could simply have taken the gun of a relative to retaliate.
And at that point one's gun was one's only defense. Of course many were simply killed on spot or tortured to death shortly after arrest, but some were not. Many were disarmed well before their final arrest/murder.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
What mass murders? He didn't kill anyone
If you hire someone to kill someone for you you'll still be charged in the murder.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:43 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
And at that point one's gun was one's only defense. Of course many were simply killed on spot or tortured to death shortly after arrest, but some were not. Many were disarmed well before their final arrest/murder.
When they suspected someone was going to harm Hitler, they did not release the suspect after taking his gun away. So forget all those who wanted to shoot him and failed for whatever reason (and there were a lot of failed attacks, be it with guns, bombs etc.). There were still millions of people with guns who could have shot him, but let's face it, most people were simply not against him, sorry to say that. People with guns were usually right-wing, nationalist anyway and thus rather fond of Hitler. Intellectuals lived in the cities, where guns were and still are a lot rarer (in Germany, that is).

Old 06-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
If you hire someone to kill someone for you you'll still be charged in the murder.
I assume you are talking about the jews? We have different view points on that but whatever.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
I assume you are talking about the jews? We have different view points on that but whatever.
are you suggesting that hitler didn't kill jews?

Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 PM

Not suggesting anything. Anything I can say about that subject will just get me banned from here so we can leave it at that.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Not suggesting anything. Anything I can say about that subject will just get me banned from here so we can leave it at that.
well that answer speaks volumes doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies