Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I have no problem agreeing to disagree when it comes to opinion. But, to disagree with facts is completely different. You ignore facts, and claim that facts are opinion.

As for the pretending to be black. well since civil rights don't apply to you. you either don't live in america, or you are not black.. which even than they actually apply to you, yet, you claim that things that have effected blacks in the history of the USA don't effect you. So which is it, are you black and in another country, or are you not black?

considering you've latched onto that post. Go back and re-read it and make sure you quote me properly. Never did I state "Civil Rights do not affect me" that is a straight out LIE and if that's what you need to do to try and prove a point, then it goes back to my point that you need to try and the two way adult conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 11:50 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Name a single Republican politician, or really any politician over the last 10 years who has advocated repealing rights for blacks, "Indians", gays, or women.
Well Rand Paul just stated that he thought private businesses should be allowed to discriminate and that he "has problems" with that part of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Republicans opposed the ERA and equal pay provisions for women. They oppose the right to abortion and even birth control for women. They opposed the rights of native Americans to sovereignty on their own reservations and we do not even have to talk about gay rights because the Republicans hate gays almost as much as they do Mexicans.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:52 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
considering you've latched onto that post. Go back and re-read it and make sure you quote me properly. Never did I state "Civil Rights do not affect me" that is a straight out LIE and if that's what you need to do to try and prove a point, then it goes back to my point that you need to try and the two way adult conversation.

Oh I am sorry, you said none of it applies to you, not that none of it affected you. Really not much of a difference.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Oh I am sorry, you said none of it applies to you, not that none of it affected you. Really not much of a difference.

again yet another LIE. Yeah you need to be sorry if that is the only way you can make a point.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
again yet another LIE. Yeah you need to be sorry if that is the only way you can make a point.
lets see.. your exact words....

"Oh I read it and considering it doesn't apply to either me or anyone in my family "

So, looks like you are the one that is not being honest.. wow.. not a surprise.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:03 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's the same thing why blacks vote for Democrats, because the liberal media paints Republicans as old white racist trailer trash, when it's not true. I used to buy into the "I'm a victim of society because I'm a minority so vote Democrat to make it right" and I'm no longer a Democrat but a Libertarian because I don't have tribal mentality like all liberals and most (pretend) conservatives have. Why do you libs praise diversity so much if it breeds crime, divides societies, and destroys civic life?
It really makes me angry when the liberals tell minorities that they have to "be" a certain way. The libs tell minorities that they are "victims" and this is something that keeps them in poverty, on government assistance, and in forces them to spend life in the ghettos.

The libs tell women the same darn thing. The libs try to make women think they must vote democrat because the Republicans hate you. Newsflash: It was the libs that passed a healthcare bill that allows convicted sex offenders to have insurance coverage that allows them to get Viagara so they can rape more women. It was the libs who are refusing to stand up for women's rights in Islamic countries. It was a liberal who went to China talking about the Arizona law as being a human rights violation when China forces the abortions of millions of female fetuses.

FYI: I am a conservative woman because I learned to think for myself. I don't want and refuse to listen to liberals trying to tell me how to think or vote. I am an adult and I can do my homework. I think it is time we stop telling minorities how they must think and who they must vote for and let them start figuring it out.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:10 PM

Funny how you chose NOT to post the entire discussion. Typical when you need to try and back up a lie.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-support.html

Quote:
Sadly, Democrats have managed to trick a lot of black Americans into believing that the GOP is a racist party. But, in truth, the Democratic Party was, is, and will likely continue to be the home of far more racists than the GOP. Let me explain why I say that.
[MOD CUT/copyright]

For the rest of the article:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=15893
Here is my response to you about the "trick" statement

Quote:
Oh I read it and considering it doesn't apply to either me or anyone in my family NO you have NOT included FACTS.

Now point to the LIE where I stated that
1. I wasn't black
2. I wasn't in the U.S
3. Any mention of my stating that Civil Rights do not apply to me.

You have been shown as dishonest and someone who completely fails at having an adult discussion. You've attempted to force your VIEWS on others and when that fails stoop to lying.

Last edited by blackandproud; 06-12-2010 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: include original thread for validation

Old 06-12-2010, 12:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Liberalism is not failing Europe. Most of Europe is fine. There are a few nations in Europe that are in trouble just as there are a few states in the USA in trouble.
As for California I would love to live there. I toyed with the idea of moving there before but because everybody else also wants to live there, the cost of living there is prohibitive. The average house you can buy here for $125,000 is over a million there. Canada is nice but it is cold. I don't like cold weather.
Wow you should be a comedian. Liberalism hasn't failed Europe, ha! That's why the euro is on the verge of collapse, and their spend happy liberal governments have spent their countries into massive debt and are being forced to having their sovereign countries being bailed out and having to use austerity measures right?

Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Wow you should be a comedian. Liberalism hasn't failed Europe, ha! That's why the euro is on the verge of collapse, and their spend happy liberal governments have spent their countries into massive debt and are being forced to having their sovereign countries being bailed out and having to use austerity measures right?
You could also say the Dollar is on the verge of collapse and is only propped up by China.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Funny how you chose NOT to post the entire discussion. Typical when you need to try and back up a lie.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-support.html

Here is my response to you about the "trick" statement

Now point to the LIE where I stated that
1. I wasn't black
2. I wasn't in the U.S
3. Any mention of my statint that Civil Rights do not apply to me.

You have been shown as dishonest and someone who completely fails at having an adult discussion. You've attempted to force your VIEWS on others and when that fails stoop to lying.

quite simple.. the post stated facts about the percentages of republicans and dems that voted for the civil rights act.. etc...

You state that you read the post and it don't apply to you, if the facts don't apply to you.. than logic would say, you are not american or you are not black.

I have never attempted to force my views on anyone... well, I take that back, my view is people should quit stereotyping, and I guess I have tried to force that too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies