Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 PM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No, these are the 85% who were satisfied with their HC.
85% of people HAVE healthcare, source that 85% like what they have please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 09:54 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I believe the 'AAO' was quoted accurately, yeah.
So you believe the statement of some anonymous official without any substantiation as to his claim that cost control measures will prevent and protect consumers from runaway costs?

Old 06-12-2010, 09:58 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Dang...do you even BOTHER to read?

The story is from the AP, linked by Breibart.

See Washington (AP) in the OP? That means an AP story.
Look, if Media Matters doesn't buy into it then nobody should.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
So you believe the statement of some anonymous official without any substantiation as to his claim that cost control measures will prevent and protect consumers from runaway costs?
Okay, a second time. The important parts to remember are: "the rules are still being written" and "the final version will uphold Obama's promise" (which is "accommodating employers' desire for flexibility while protecting consumers from runaway costs").

In other words,

(1) they're aware of what must be done, and

(2) these are their goals. Meanwhile,

(3) the thing isnt completed yet.

Mitch McConnell was just doing some standard end of the week braying. The OP took it seriously.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Well, we knew this, didn't we? And we inherently know why 85% of those that were satisfied with their HC opposed obamacare.

Bait and switch, lies, deceit and more lies.
I will grant you that this is one poorly worded statement from Obama that I knew would get him into trouble.

Of course not everyone will have exactly the same health care as they do today. Of course there will be quite a few changes. I think he was trying to say that the government is not going to force anyone to change, but that doesn't mean that the private sector won't change in response to the law... Obama's statement was misleading and unfortunate.

But guess what? Most Americans do not choose their health care anyway. Most health care is employer-based. They will give you, what, maybe two or three variants of some basic plan - if they're generous? You get what they give you and what the insurance company is willing to provide, and that's pretty much that. So I'm not necessarily so concerned about plans changing - they always do. I'm more concerned about what the plan will do to costs and coverage.

It might not work out perfectly, but I'll tell you one system that was a sure path to disaster: the current one.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:44 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,269,136 times
sure with medicare and medicade bogging the current system down, obviously we were going to end up in a disaster. This new system will just expediate things!! Yay!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Dang...do you even BOTHER to read?

The story is from the AP, linked by Breibart.

See Washington (AP) in the OP? That means an AP story.
Um, that was my mistake, not meson's. (Do you even bother to read?) But you did charge out of the sheep gate via Breitbart.

Even though the headline is Breitbartian in spirit -- "Health overhaul to force changes in employer plans" -- thank goodness it's AP, because they were compelled to admit, down in there somewhere, that it's not only a draft but "an early draft, undergoing revision." Nevertheless you drew the Breitbartian inference you were supposed to, and based your OP on it: that this is a done deal, and everyone should get up and run around in circles panicked and outraged.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Of course not everyone will have exactly the same health care as they do today. Of course there will be quite a few changes. I think he was trying to say that the government is not going to force anyone to change, but that doesn't mean that the private sector won't change in response to the law... Obama's statement was misleading and unfortunate.
A few changes?

MILLIONS will be dumped by their employers - per the CBO.

The government IS forcing the change, due to the disaster that obama and the dems pushed through congress on a part line vote, dirty deals and the outraeous process they used.

His statement was more then misleading - it was a lie. There were many, many people, experts, analysis that predicted EXACTLY this would happen.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, that was my mistake, not meson's. (Do you even bother to read?) But you did charge out of the sheep gate via Breitbart.

Even though the headline is Breitbartian in spirit -- "Health overhaul to force changes in employer plans" -- thank goodness it's AP, because they were compelled to admit, down in there somewhere, that it's not only a draft but "an early draft, undergoing revision." Nevertheless you drew the Breitbartian inference you were supposed to, and based your OP on it: that this is a done deal, and everyone should get up and run around in circles panicked and outraged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
"Breitbart might wait until it's written before opening the sheep gate and chasing you all out"

Thanks delu for saving me from opening the OP's links, seeing
Breitbart up there is all it took.
sanrene Post that you quoted was for the above post

Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
sanrene Post that you quoted was for the above post
Oh thanks, save me from responding to the trivial.

I guess he's ok now that the story is from AP, of course, we just have to assume because.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies