Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 12:01 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,846,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually, I find the Reader's Digest more credible. It has been around for over 80 years. I notice the link you posted did not mention adolescent use of marijuana in the Netherlands.

Anyway, I don't know what is going on with all these questions.

I strongly oppose legalization of marijuana. And I won't change my mind. IMO, legalization of that would be insane.
You think readers digest is more credible than a peer reviewed scientific article. Are you high?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,023,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I support legalization also and you are making great points but you could be a hypocrite slightly (depending on your views of what I am about to bring up). You say it is anti-freedom and fascist (which I'm assuming isn't you) for arresting someone simply because they posses property, but do you believe we should legalize, all drugs, even the hard ones? I do. Because I don't really want to hijack this thread, you can see my reasons as to why if you look up the thread "Should recreational meth be legalized?" I just brought this up because I was wondering and yeah.
You're right this thread is about marijuana and not other drugs. Marijuana is much easier to argue for because it has almost nothing negative to it and is actually more positive than currently legal alternatives (like alcohol).

Meth is a tougher subject simply because it does actually cause people to become more dangerous to society. Heavy use can, for lack of better terms, bring out the sociopath in people. I consider it to be the worst recreational drug. However, I do hold the principle that all drugs should be legal, but regulated as well - so if people could get over their shocked moral values, a 'recreational prescription' of some sort would be more aligned with the constitution than robbing, imprisoning and blacklisting people for merely possessing property.

Now, I do draw the line when it comes to the right to possess nuclear weapons..

But marijuana legalization, that's a no brainer!

Old 06-26-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You're right this thread is about marijuana and not other drugs. Marijuana is much easier to argue for because it has almost nothing negative to it and is actually more positive than currently legal alternatives (like alcohol).

Meth is a tougher subject simply because it does actually cause people to become more dangerous to society. Heavy use can, for lack of better terms, bring out the sociopath in people. I consider it to be the worst recreational drug. However, I do hold the principle that all drugs should be legal, but regulated as well - so if people could get over their shocked moral values, a 'recreational prescription' of some sort would be more aligned with the constitution than robbing, imprisoning and blacklisting people for merely possessing property.

Now, I do draw the line when it comes to the right to possess nuclear weapons..

But marijuana legalization, that's a no brainer!
Bold: Cool thanks for the answer.

Dark Red: GOOD!

Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 AM

314 posts, read 413,863 times
you have to consider the taxs they will put on it thats why cigarettes are so expensive yes it would lessen the time spent dealing with the drug but
people who are addicted to it spend enough money as it is. but why sacrifice all just because some people will spend every dime on it why
not make it legal i think it may be better than drinking both are not good but weed may be the lesser evil. but personally not all drugs should be legal people who do meth rot there teeth out and rip there skin of because thay think bugs are on them or herion they dont care where they inject it they whole foot will blow up and they wont give a **** as long as they get there fix moderation is key try to keep real adicting drugs not legal.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mask of thought View Post
you have to consider the taxs they will put on it thats why cigarettes are so expensive yes it would lessen the time spent dealing with the drug but
people who are addicted to it spend enough money as it is but why sacrifice all just because some people will spend every dime on it why
not make it legal i think it may be better than drinking both are not good but weed may be the lesser evil
You don't become addicted to pot. People may want it real bad but their body is not physically addicted to it. Its all a mental thing if people can't control themselves.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:18 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
You don't become addicted to pot. People may want it real bad but their body is not physically addicted to it. Its all a mental thing if people can't control themselves.
And some people can't control themselves!

YouTube - Reefer Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie

Old 06-26-2010, 06:39 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,617 times
Quote:
Actually, I find the Reader's Digest more credible. It has been around for over 80 years. I notice the link you posted did not mention adolescent use of marijuana in the Netherlands.

Anyway, I don't know what is going on with all these questions.

I strongly oppose legalization of marijuana. And I won't change my mind. IMO, legalization of that would be insane.
INSANE?

"Some" fathers would tend to agree, I suppose.

YouTube - That 70's show best scene ever

Old 06-26-2010, 07:45 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,378,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I used to think that a couple years ago, but lately I've seen support for legalization accelerating fast. Just look at CA's initiative this Nov, and I don't think they're the only ones. I hardly think it will take a couple generations now. People are realizing that there's no good argument for keeping it illegal. Facts are something, aren't they?
Yeah, a couple of generations was definitely a miscalculation on my part. I know the states of OR and CA are definitely frontrunners on this issue. But I think it could take at least a couple of decades for it to be legal nationwide.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:

Smart kids don't do drugs at all.

The only lack of logic is in your entire post! Again, I posted facts to back up the "theory." You refuse to accept them.
And why is Fox News mentioned (again)? Look, I prefer Fox News over the other cable stations. Do you have a problem with that? Why not just accept it and move along; others here do.

HHAHAAA! "Smart kids don't do drugs at all." LMAO!!!!!

The stories I have heard.......

Smart kids DO do drugs. Not all of them of course, but yes, they do.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
Its not a fact that weed is a gateway drug, but then again it's not fact that it isn't. It all depends on the user. If it was a gateway drug then there would be way more crack heads and meth addicts running around. There is no 100% correct answer to that debate.

Next, you're wrong. Some of the most intelligent minds have smoked marijuana. You've fallen into the idea that so many have that only lazy, and moronic people smoke. Which is far from the truth.
It's not a fact that weed is a gateway drug, exactly.

But, it's pretty much obvious that if a person wanted to use speed,they might smoke a joint in experimentation first, or heck, they might go straight for the speed. Using pot does not make a person more susceptible to harder drug use. In fact, many people who are "stoners" or smoke recreationally are very opposed to being around hard drugs or even cigarette smoke. I spent several years in CA and HI. I know the type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies