Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times

Advertisements

Heaven forbid the President form a council to discus ideas on the causes and solutions to America's ballooning population.

Provide recommendations? Consider policies? Establish policies for public input? We all know that's code for send in the brown shirts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 11:01 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You see American people are not bright enough to do this on their own.
The government can do it better for you.
The government is there to help you.

There are dangers with dependency.
Once you give up your right to choose, you won't get it back.
You don't see the fact that this country's waistline is expanding and its health is deteriorating as evidence that the American people are not bright enough to do it on their own?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 AM

406 posts, read 495,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
You don't see the fact that this country's waistline is expanding and its health is deteriorating as evidence that the American people are not bright enough to do it on their own?

That's the point of freedom, unlike liberals who look for someone to tell them what to do, I have the right to be a fat piece of sh--! Why don't you start with the inner city women. Make them drop a few pounds before they can cash their welfare check.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:15 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No secret, just use the search function of your browser.
Do you know where that is?
Is that how Glen Beck gets his information? By doing a search function? Sounds like he gets most of his information from "pulling it out of his b*tt file" which he then presents as "fact."

It's really pathetic and sad that just because Obama, and not McCain, won the presidential election that this kind of nonsense is manufactured every single day and presented as "fact." If it's not one thing, then it's another thing, but rest assured, it's always something.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:16 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
That's the point of freedom, unlike liberals who look for someone to tell them what to do, I have the right to be a fat piece of sh--! Why don't you start with the inner city women. Make them drop a few pounds before they can cash their welfare check.
Who ever said that people didn't have the right to be fat?

This whole thing is so ridiculous. What is wrong with the government promoting a healthy lifestyle? Because, sad thing is, a lot of people don't realize that feeding their kids McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell 3 meals a week or more is terrible for their kids. It may sound logical to you and me but a lot of people just don't see that.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:27 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambini View Post
So now it's "inner city women" that are the culprits. So many lies, so little time. As far as you wanting to be fat (I'm not exactly thin, so I have no axe to grind with you or anyone else), that's your perogative. However, there is no doubt that this whole thing is yet another fear/scare tactic manufactured out of the thin blue air in order to keep the criticism on Obama. I really hate how the propoganda meisters in this country keep lying to the people, keep playing on their fears. It's really pathetic that they do it in the first place and even more so when the masses buy into it.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
So now it's "inner city women" that are the culprits. So many lies, so little time. As far as you wanting to be fat (I'm not exactly thin, so I have no axe to grind with you or anyone else), that's your perogative. However, there is no doubt that this whole thing is yet another fear/scare tactic manufactured out of the thin blue air in order to keep the criticism on Obama. I really hate how the propoganda meisters in this country keep lying to the people, keep playing on their fears. It's really pathetic that they do it in the first place and even more so when the masses buy into it.
Which is to blame, though, the prop. meisters or the suckers? I think it's the suckers.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:34 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Who ever said that people didn't have the right to be fat?

This whole thing is so ridiculous. What is wrong with the government promoting a healthy lifestyle? Because, sad thing is, a lot of people don't realize that feeding their kids McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell 3 meals a week or more is terrible for their kids. It may sound logical to you and me but a lot of people just don't see that.
I couldn't agree with you more. This initiative, if aggressive and successful, would likely help fix this Country's Health Care problem, more than any other.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
God, you guys are seriously gullible and paranoid...as usual. I have some advice for you: don't be so stupid.

This is just some program that is going to do come up with some way to try to influence people to be more healthy. They'll put out some fliers and crap and maybe try to give people some sort of a tax credit for going to the gym or something.

It will probably be a total failure because most Americans are always destined to be hopeless fat-asses. But it's not going to "mandate" that you do or don't do anything. Cops are not going to break down your door and make you put down that bucket of KFC. There have been all sorts of things like this in the past, like the National Fitness Council and the President's Challenge. They try to influence you to be healthier, but did they literally force you to do anything?

Read the whole thing. There is NOTHING in here to suggest that the government is going to monitor you while you do jumping jacks at gunpoint or something.

Executive Order-- Establishing the National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council | The White House
Tha anti-Obama overweight bloated Pigmac eating, mac and cheese gourmets who cause health care costs to rise because they are such unhealthy fat slobs and obviously like to raise their poor children the same way ....those people will never and can never understand your factual, commonsense post.........the globs of blubber around their brain won't let them think straight.

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 06-14-2010 at 05:51 AM..

Old 06-14-2010, 05:45 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. This initiative, if aggressive and successful, would likely help fix this Country's Health Care problem, more than any other.
That's exactly what these people can't bear to admit, even for the health of their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies