Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
SO, we should be forced to eat your 'enough for a bird' diet????

I am 51 years old, 6' tall and 175....and I eat about 3000 callories a day. my metabilizme would have be be skin and bone on a 400 calorie meal

quit trying to FORCE people to conform to YOUR ideas
W H E R E does it say it will force you to eat 400 calories a day ?

W H E R E ?

.....you just pulled that out of your hysterical elimination apparatus....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
I love the way proposals like this drive the RW completely nuts.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,215 times
What a joke---that Obama begins 'life style modifications.' The Right has been trying to do that for decades with social issues like abortion and religion. Life style modification is nothing new and includes zoning laws, anti-smoking laws and things like no liquor sales on Sundays.

When I was a kid milk, apples, and raisins were brought into the schools for the first time for nutritional supplements because during the draft of WWII they found out that too many young men had rickets and couldn't qualify for serve. The obesity problem today with young people is said to be as bad as rickets was back then from a military readiness stand point. Sometimes government intervention/education is the only way to resolve these kinds of issues.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:06 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,648,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Happy Texan, do you honestly think Obama is going to COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND FORCE YOU TO EXERCISE? You´re smarter than that.
Evidence, please.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,648,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
When these liberals finally start making all the right decisions then we can talk. Until then they need to fix their own massive daily mistake with their decisions.

Based on this administrations epic failures we surely cannot trust them to tell us what to do when they cannot do anything right themselves.

Why follow idiots who cannot make a good decision on anything they do?
So your view is that until the Democrats start acting like Republicans you're going to go ahead and lie about everything the Democrats do.

that's exactly what I thought.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,809,255 times
...pretty soon beer, Doritos, TV and couches will be illegal too.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:19 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Any help is welcome? Okay, let me help, don't feed your kids crap and walk 2-3 miles a day.

Why do you welcome this president attempting to force lifestyle control down your throats? That is not the government's job. Why do you on the left so willingly give your freedoms away and let the bureaucrats control your lives? Are you that weak you need the government to tell you what to eat and how to exercise?

The morons in DC are letting the greatest ecological disaster ever to take place go on and on, and yet you nitwits on the left want to let them run your lives. You truly are sheep.
Why do you on the right so willingly give your freedoms away by allowing and encouraging corporations to include any additives, etc. regardless of nutritional value as long as it keeps their shareholders happy and makes them money?
Are you so weak that you will accept anything the corporatists feed you?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Any help is welcome? Okay, let me help, don't feed your kids crap and walk 2-3 miles a day.

Why do you welcome this president attempting to force lifestyle control down your throats? That is not the government's job. Why do you on the left so willingly give your freedoms away and let the bureaucrats control your lives? Are you that weak you need the government to tell you what to eat and how to exercise?

The morons in DC are letting the greatest ecological disaster ever to take place go on and on, and yet you nitwits on the left want to let them run your lives. You truly are sheep.
Um, it's to keep your health care bills down.

Get it?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,339,666 times
Quote:
I feel bad for fat children. It's sad...

Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Obama Begins "Lifestyle Health Modification" Program, Mandating Behavioural Changes Within US Society | zero hedge

Yep let it begin! Brainwashing full force.1984 here we come.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
I would add one more: ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Another good idea that will have long term benefits to all Americans.
You should get appointed to that council. You're a great champion of all things Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Happy Texan, do you honestly think Obama is going to COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND FORCE YOU TO EXERCISE? You´re smarter than that.
The government will know who is exercising or not. They'll be able to track it.
It will be part of the HC program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The assertion that most would not take advantage of information on how to help themselves, is a stretch. To be sure, there will be many that choose to remain ignorant. That is their, and your, prerogative.
There is plenty of information available already, and they don't take advantage of it -- not because they don't know, but because they just don't care. The only way to get them to do it is to make it enforceable. For that, we need government.

Anything Obama does is not for OUR good, but for power. Remember that.
He's not our benevolent kind daddy looking out for our best interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies