Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 11:13 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,154,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me
Probably because you ignore it, as I've see atheist critical of Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhist alike.

YouTube - Why does faith deserve respect?

YouTube - Video response to Osama

YouTube - Why are we friends with Saudi Arabia?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:11 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,088,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
And I will say it again. I NEVER said this was a Christian nation I said it was FOUNDED by men and woman that WERE Christian. You keep confusing the difference.

No one is shoving anything down your throat. You do not have to go into a Church if you don't want to. There is no religion in public schools""

"But "under gawd/dog " is in the pledge that repugs demand school kids say"

"", no religion in government"""

there's a senate chaplain. prayers, and every damn politician feels the need to end every sentence wit ""Gawd/dog Bless America"

"", no one making you worship anything.""

Got that right....and I'll make sure of it by fighting anyone who implies this is a christian country.

""" You make these outrageous claims that are false. You are in no way forced to be Christian!
Oh dear, you never did look up the word "force" in the dictionary like I suggested in the other thread......don't you want to be informed????

I never said anyone forced anything on me...so add to your long list of lies....you'll have quite a reputation.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,831,048 times
Seems like a lot of liberals here are in denial or don't get what I've said. None of you realize that there's been a concerted attack on Christianity across the West perpetrated by the Muslims? Sure it's not so bad here, but look at Europe, they are succumbing to Islam like cancer to a patient. And those same liberals, like many of you posters on this forum, dare not attack Islam being institutionalized in those countries. And I stand by my claim, many liberals love to take down Christianity and Christians, but dare not do it to Muslims because Muslims will KILL them. seems like liberals do have this weird obsession with dhimmitude don't they? You know in the UK, a so-called free nation, has allowed Sharia Law courts to open up, bypassing English Common Law? And you call us Christians the haters and grasping at straws? I hope you like being dhimmis!

Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,617,482 times
And Christians try to govern and pass laws in this country based on THEIR religion.

I don't agree with EITHER.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,143,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Seems like a lot of liberals here are in denial or don't get what I've said. None of you realize that there's been a concerted attack on Christianity across the West perpetrated by the Muslims? Sure it's not so bad here, but look at Europe, they are succumbing to Islam like cancer to a patient. And those same liberals, like many of you posters on this forum, dare not attack Islam being institutionalized in those countries. And I stand by my claim, many liberals love to take down Christianity and Christians, but dare not do it to Muslims because Muslims will KILL them. seems like liberals do have this weird obsession with dhimmitude don't they? You know in the UK, a so-called free nation, has allowed Sharia Law courts to open up, bypassing English Common Law? And you call us Christians the haters and grasping at straws? I hope you like being dhimmis!
You maybe feel that christians are being unjustly victimized?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,540,417 times
If they had enough power to enforce it here--which they don't--perhaps it would be worth worrying about. Until then, why should we care?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:08 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,831,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If they had enough power to enforce it here--which they don't--perhaps it would be worth worrying about. Until then, why should we care?
You should care because by then, it might already be too late. You see how everyone is over there? They can't do anything about it because of the propaganda and the stranglehold the far left politicians have in their countries. They thought the same thing, oh it's just a few thousand Muslims what does it matter? Now look. You mistake Muslims to be like Christians, Muslims are extremely devout to their religious beliefs, and take the whole of the Quran very seriously and are not passive like Christians. Where were you when 9/11 happened, the first World Trade Center bombing, the attempted Times Square bombing, the Christmas Underwear Bomber, the failed Fort Dix bombers, London subway bombings, Madrid train bombings, killing the Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh, threatening the South Park creators with bodily harm, and the Danish cartoonist, oh geez.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,540,417 times
As I recall, most of those things didn't happen in the US. And how did those people GET here? We LET them in. That's what America's problem is--open borders. We need to stop international travel, in or out of the country.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:16 PM

7,641 posts, read 18,063,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Muslims don't have the political power that Christians do. So for the time being, Fundamentalist Christians are the biggest threat to secularism and progress in America. Muslims aren't the ones who try to speak for everyone on the money and in the Pledge, nor do they yet have the power. So as far as I'm concerned, if they want foot baths, they can have foot baths. It's a trite convenience based on their religious rules. It is neither a literal nor symbolical assertion of their beliefs. If however a division of the Muslim population wanted us all to adhere to Islamic law, I'd rightly tell them to sod off.

But as it stands there is a difference between "We want this trivial accommodation because it helps us adhere to our beliefs" and "We want to put our beliefs front and center because we think they should be the most important in this country". There is a wide gap of modesty between the two.
You say secularism like it's a good thing.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:21 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,546,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
As I recall, most of those things didn't happen in the US. And how did those people GET here? We LET them in. That's what America's problem is--open borders. We need to stop international travel, in or out of the country.
You, my friend are 100 percent correct.

We are the ones who let these sick minded people into our country so WE will pay the price for this.

I oppose anymore immigration from the middle east and especially Islamic immigration. The Islamic population here causes enough problems as it is. Why bring more of them here?

I have never seen Indian, Chinese, Japanese, etc etc immigrants cause so many problems. There are bad apples in every group but the Muslims take it BY FAR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies