Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 08:39 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,859,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They dont need to be members of the kkk they have the republican party.
And yet the Democrats actually DO have a former member of the KKK not just in their party(YOUR party) but he is highly respected...
LOL

Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,527,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
At least you are admitting that the racism of the Right.. is pseudo.... that it is false.. not genuine....

finally a break thru
not actually but having the appearance of; pretended; false or spurious; sham.
2. almost, approaching, or trying to be.

We see straight through it.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,923,536 times
The students and their totally inappropriate question (do you support obama's (the leader of their party) agenda) MADE this democratic congressman lash out violently, assaulting a student.

Wow.

Say goodbye buddy.

Really, the left should be ashamed of anyone supporting such violent behavior.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
No, maybe you need to. I don't see assault in this video. All I see is a bratty kid being disciplined in this video. Know the difference.

You see what you want to see. Reality is a different story though....

Quote:
“Assault” is defined generally as the threat or use of force on another person that causes that person to have reasonable apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact. Assault can be a civil wrong (or “tort”). It can also be a crime.
Criminal Law: The Elements of Simple Assault in Washington, DC | Koehler Law

Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,672,347 times
He's from North Carolina, what do you expect. Those good old boys don't put up with crap from anybody. You have to wonder how many times this guy has been accosted on the street by crazies with a camera. I disagree with how he handled it, but I can't really get too uptight about it.

The "student" is partly at fault for not being as courteous and correct in his approach as he should have been. It's a mark of that generation who, apparently were never taught manners.

This

"Sir, my name is Jim Smith and I am doing a student project for a course at Williams college. May I ask, "Do you fully support Obama?"

Instead of

"Do you fully support Obama?"

Might have gotten a different response. Might....

The kid should have pressed charges if he didn't.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,575 times
Quote:
not actually but having the appearance of; pretended; false or spurious; sham.
2. almost, approaching, or trying to be.

We see straight through it.
who sees thru it? This is what I find funny. there is nothing to see thru. People oppose Obama, they don't like his policies, they don't like the way he is running the country. The Dems and people like you want to use the race card. I am glad that for me and my family, we seen thru the Dems racist tactics and decided to support and join the Republican party, where we are seen as equals, and not all the racist names you Dems like to call us.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
He's from North Carolina, what do you expect. Those good old boys don't put up with crap from anybody. You have to wonder how many times this guy has been accosted on the street by crazies with a camera. I disagree with how he handled it, but I can't really get too uptight about it.

The "student" is partly at fault for not being as courteous and correct in his approach as he should have been. It's a mark of that generation who, apparently were never taught manners.

This

"Sir, my name is Jim Smith and I am doing a student project for a course at Williams college. May I ask, "Do you fully support Obama?"

Instead of

"Do you fully support Obama?"

Might have gotten a different response. Might....

The kid should have pressed charges if he didn't.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
who sees thru it? This is what I find funny. there is nothing to see thru. People oppose Obama, they don't like his policies, they don't like the way he is running the country. The Dems and people like you want to use the race card. I am glad that for me and my family, we seen thru the Dems racist tactics and decided to support and join the Republican party, where we are seen as equals, and not all the racist names you Dems like to call us.
Oh its way deeper than that. I just wish the right would admit thats all.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,859,948 times
If I have this correct,leftists believe attacking political opponents is fine because their opponents say things they do not like to hear....

Interesting how intolerant and hate filled leftists are.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,575 times
Quote:
Oh its way deeper than that. I just wish the right would admit thats all.
Well at least you are not denying that the dems like to call us racist names. I am guessing you are one of them that does as such. Luckily, we have grown used to it, and it no longer phases us. So please realize that one you do use your racist terms against us, and others like us, all you are doing is proving our reasoning for joining the Republican Party.

Even my children are used to your tactics, and will ignore you and laugh at you when you call them... Ni@@er... Uncle Tom.... Oreo's etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.