Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 10:40 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,709,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This looks like a typical Breitbart hit job. Without evidence I there is no reason to believe that the kid in the video is a student. Without evidence, the unedited video, there is no reason to assume that what is depicted is accurate.

That said, even what I saw on the video is reprehensible. He had no business assaulting someone even if they are directly criticizing his political positions.

What difference does it make if the kid is a student or not? If Michael Steele asked him the question would he be justified in treating him that way?

Of course the video is real.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,709,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But he didnt! That's what makes this so interesting!

No, I mean he can resign from office and lie on an analyist and explore his inner deamons as a private citizen.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,823,429 times
Quote:
Well, duh, "he could have," shouldawouldacoulda. Arent you interested to know what his freakin' problem is?

Oh, and Im not making excuses for him in the least, if you were to read through the thread you would know this.
Thing is it really doesnt matter what his problem is. Nothing excuses him putting his hands on someone.

Yeah you are making excuses now. You are trying very hard to find an excuse for his terrible behavior. He has this or that wrong with. Something caused him to snap or act like this. That is making excuses for his behavior.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:45 AM

52,359 posts, read 34,099,496 times
Quote:
Well, duh, "he could have," shouldawouldacoulda. Arent you interested to know what his freakin' problem is?
apparently he was leaving a pelosi fund-raiser, that's probably enough to put most people in a bad mood

Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This looks like a typical Breitbart hit job. Without evidence I there is no reason to believe that the kid in the video is a student. Without evidence, the unedited video, there is no reason to assume that what is depicted is accurate.

That said, even what I saw on the video is reprehensible. He had no business assaulting someone even if they are directly criticizing his political positions.
So you think Breitbart put this kid up to asking the question knowing the congressman was going to act like that and put his hands on the guy?

Does it matter if he is a student? The congressman put his hands on the guy.

Did you miss the congressman putting his hands on the guy? Do you think editing is going to change that?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,035,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Student should've knocked him out, and no worries because the film showed it was in self-defense.
That's the problem. The video shows no such thing.

Whatever set the Congressman off does not appear to have made it on the video. Convenient that.

So... have assault charges been filed yet? If not... that might tell you something right there.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,238,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That's the problem. The video shows no such thing.

Whatever set the Congressman off does not appear to have made it on the video. Convenient that.

So... have assault charges been filed yet? If not... that might tell you something right there.
Nah, it appears that the video is continuous and the altercation occurs immediately after the question. It's just a shame because it was a free chance on hitting the congressman with no real consequence (like I said, it was all on film so self-defense is easy to claim and there would've been massive funding from the public for his defense attorney). This is something many of us would love to do (Dem or Rep), and he didn't take it. Bummer.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,064,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Thing is it really doesnt matter what his problem is. Nothing excuses him putting his hands on someone.

Yeah you are making excuses now. You are trying very hard to find an excuse for his terrible behavior. He has this or that wrong with. Something caused him to snap or act like this. That is making excuses for his behavior.
No, that is not "making excuses," for Pete's sake. I reject the idea that he flew into a rage over something so innocuous as the "Obama agenda" question. I think there was something else occupying his mind at the time. I never said, or thought, that it was okay to hit the guy, or would ever be okay.

Not sure how strong your memory is but you and I had an exchange early on in this thread in which we both agreed he'll probably lose his job for this and that that would be a good thing. How exactly is that "making excuses"?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,037,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

I would have asked this idiot one time to please quit holding me and if he wouldn't have let me go I would have removed his nuts with my free hand.

Freaking idiot.

busta

Old 06-14-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
No, that is not "making excuses," for Pete's sake. I reject the idea that he flew into a rage over something so innocuous as the "Obama agenda" question. I think there was something else occupying his mind at the time.

Not sure how strong your memory is but you and I had an exchange early on in this thread in which we both agreed he'll probably lose his job for this and that that would be a good thing. How exactly is that "making excuses"?
Yeah it is you are looking for a reason that he put his hands on this guy. That is making excuses.

Yeah you dont approve of what he did but you are looking to find a reason to use to for why he did it. Oh he did it because he has a so so problem.

Of course hes going to lose his job over this. That is common sense anyone running against him only has to play this video and hes toast. So it would be rather pointless to think he could win again after this. That is accepting reality. That doesnt change you are looking for a reason for a reason to blame for this actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies