Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 11:49 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There are "reasons" and there are "excuses." I'm interested in what the former is. The latter is of no interest to me.

You don't think that the reason he went off is relevant?

Odd.
No because there isnt a good enough reason to justify his actions.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:59 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
There are "reasons" and there are "excuses." I'm interested in what the former is. The latter is of no interest to me.

You don't think that the reason he went off is relevant?

Odd.
I always can gage when I'm on the proper path .. when you and I disagree .. which so far has been about 100%

There is no "reason" for physically assaulting someone in such a manner. None, nadda, zippo, zilch. It's assault and battery, plain and simple.

No it's not relevant "why" he did it. "Well, your honor, I robbed the bank because I needed the money .. I was broke and had bills to pay". Is that relevant?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:05 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Too bad that student didn't beat the ever loving **** out of that stupid *******.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I always can gage when I'm on the proper path .. when you and I disagree .. which so far has been about 100%
Looking in a mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
There is no "reason" for physically assaulting someone in such a manner. None, nadda, zippo, zilch. It's assault and battery, plain and simple.
In real life, there is always a reason. Sometimes there's even a good reason. Certainly a number of posters here feel that the Congressman's behavior would have been a "good reason" for the "student" to punch him in the nose.

See how that works?

I for one am actually pretty interested on what the reason for this was. Then we can do a post mortem and figure out whether it was a good one or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
No it's not relevant "why" he did it. "Well, your honor, I robbed the bank because I needed the money .. I was broke and had bills to pay". Is that relevant?
It's absolutely relevant. It's also the reason.

It's just not a good one.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No because there isnt a good enough reason to justify his actions.
Who said it needed to be a good one or that it would justify anything?

I just want to know what it was.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:31 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Whoa!
You know it's bad when even you don't try to either make excuses or blame conservatives.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Who said it needed to be a good one or that it would justify anything?

I just want to know what it was.
Gosh, isn't it clear to you what the reason is?

Obama's policies and the Chicago way of doing business are making moderate dems in conservative districts even more vulnerable in Nov.

It is obvious he is "sensitive" to the disaster that is obama's agenda.

Doesn't make a whit of difference what his problem was, or if he even had one outside of looking to run from obama's agenda.

There is no reason or justification for what he did after being asked a simple political question - Do you support your party leaders agenda? Wow, what a tough, hard-hitting question that was.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:56 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He's up for re-election in November. The stress of appearing to support Obama's agenda on video right before election ads ratchet up several notches could easily have been the impetus of his violent reaction.
Astute observation. I don't know why some are making excuses for this behavior; I am glad that some who usually make excuses are not in this instance. If this was a conservative, I would immediately condemn the actions, regardless of what the kids did/said. The kid asked him 3x's to let go of his wrist, and he finally relented, only to grab the back of his neck. His opponent should just run the clip in it's entirety as his commercial.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You lie.

Present tense.
So if a person used to be in the KKK but is no longer,it doesn't matter?

Is this your assertion?

Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This looks like a typical Breitbart hit job. Without evidence I there is no reason to believe that the kid in the video is a student. Without evidence, the unedited video, there is no reason to assume that what is depicted is accurate.

That said, even what I saw on the video is reprehensible. He had no business assaulting someone even if they are directly criticizing his political positions.
Well except the Congressman has apologised and 'deeply regrets' assaulting the guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies