Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:26 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times

Advertisements

Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Bailouts Could Cost $1 Trillion – 24/7 Wall St.

Wow. This just makes me sick. And there aren't too many options with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 01:14 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
Disgusting. Truly disgusting. Free market? Yeah, right. Why not just kill them?

If people were responsible with credit in the first place, we wouldn't have created Freddie/Fannie Mac/Mac.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:39 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
There is an easy solution...let them go under. There is no reason for the taxpayers to fund this abortion of a private/government "business".

Old 06-14-2010, 01:58 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There is an easy solution...let them go under. There is no reason for the taxpayers to fund this abortion of a private/government "business".
Agree.

The Trillion $$$ Fannie and Freddie bailout is what happens when Gov interferes in the free market.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
The lack of attention to this thread seems to bear witness to what i've been saying all along: American's are becoming desensitized to big government spending and the word "trillion." This term alone should spark a rebellion, but unfortunately Washington has made clear that it has no intent in reigning in Big Government. Accordingly, the preponderance of "a trillion here, a trillion there" has the people only marginally concerned. If nothing else, this is a reason to celebrate the ideals of the Tea Party. At least they're able to keep some semblence of a discussion on Big Spending in the headlines.

It's disturbing and dangerous.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:10 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The lack of attention to this thread seems to bear witness to what i've been saying all along: American's are becoming desensitized to big government spending and the word "trillion." This term alone should spark a rebellion, but unfortunately Washington has made clear that it has no intent in reigning in Big Government, and the people are only marginally concerned due to the preponderance of "a trillion here, a trillion there" that we here all too often these days.

It's disturbing and dangerous.
Agreed. Some don't even care where the money came from...

In a time when Americans need to curb spending, our President, Congress, and the White House keep on spending like it's going out of style. That's a real nice example they're setting.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:44 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Well trillion got my attention, obviously. I mean it really did. I knew Fannie and Freddie were in trouble but not to this extent. Even the low end estimate of $200 billion is mind blowing. And since trillion was not included in the budget, what then?

What would happen if we let them fail? Since they are not the main mortgage holders so what? I am sure someone on here could answer that.

I am just a simple peon in this country who got very excited when she got a $50.00 bonus at Christmas. Went right out and helped the economy by spending it on myself.

Billions and Trillions still catch my attention.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:49 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
There liability USED to be only 200 billion... and then Obama told them to buy every bad debt from private companies at extremely high prices... guess what happened... it ballooned to 1 trillion... if Obama said stop buying bad debt at bad prices, it would of stayed at 200 billion... but then the people who don't pay their bills wouldn't be able to keep their house an extra few months... too bad it cost almost a trillion to do so...

Old 06-14-2010, 03:08 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,403 times
I bought a foreclosed Freddie Mac . The US government ate 65 grand ( small house ) thank you everyone who pays taxes .
BTY- The people left the house in great condition . Not all people wreck the place on the way out . I'm sorry they lost the house , they had been gone over a year when I bought it .
They bought a brand new house , if not for Freddie they would have had to settle for a house the could afford.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:08 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac Bailouts Could Cost $1 Trillion – 24/7 Wall St.

Wow. This just makes me sick. And there aren't too many options with this.

Hey but let's make sure we spend all our energies on Fin reg for Wall street!

Politicians simply cannot get anything right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies