Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucker View Post
Please don't tell me Gov. Jindal is looking for a BIG GOVERNMENT solution!
Actually that would be a small government solution.. Its the job of the states to protect their economic survival and limit damage to their resources..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
? A couple of weeks ago this was emergency-approved by the Army Corps of Engineers.
You are talking about the 1% obama's minions had approved for the berms...not this.

Quote:
No, he's just looking for the federal government to do it's job, the job laid out in the Oil Pollution Act/Clean Water Act, that has been ready to go for almost 20 years..

Old 06-14-2010, 09:14 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You are talking about the 1% obama's minions had approved for the berms...not this.

No, he's just looking for the federal government to do it's job, the job laid out in the Oil Pollution Act/Clean Water Act, that has been ready to go for almost 20 years..

Interesting.

Which part of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 isn't the Government adhering to?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is federal waters and is the responsibility of this administration to take care of this.

Thus far the big bad government has no leader and has screwed us all over for poor decision making.

Jindal is doing the right thing. He is a leader and will get things done to protect his people and his state. Unlike the idiot golfing goof in the WH.

Let him play golf, it is the only thing the fool knows how to do. Wonder who helps him choose which club to use since he seems to be too stupid to decide anything on his own.

How can someone like him with little to no brains play golf 3-4 times a week anyway? You have to make decisions and he surely cannot do that.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A big middle finger to the feds, who have theirs up their butts in the throes of analysis paralysis....can't make a friggin decision.

BP Oil Spill: Gov. Bobby Jindal Orders National Guard to Build Barrier Wall Off Louisiana Shore - ABC News
Even something as simple as building sand berms was too tough a decision for 0bama; for one who claimed to be on the job and in charge, he is sadly lacking.

BP is only able to stymie some of the progress of state governments is because 0bam refuses to take charge.

I received a recent email from 0bama, and he is still in full on, finger pointing mode. What a putz.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:59 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually that would be a small government solution.. Its the job of the states to protect their economic survival and limit damage to their resources..

So you are saying that Nagan and Blanco were responsible for the deaths of 1800 people then right?

Thank you for making that very clear.

Hypocrisy is a left wing thing.

Katrinia hits and it's the feds fault, Obama gets in office and now it's the state responsibility.

Unreal.

Jindal has asked for help from the feds and so far this admin has ignored his request for help.

Last time I checked if a Governor asked for help the feds were suppose to help.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
And we're supposed to believe this from "Bobby" Jindal, a guy whose real name is Piyush Jindal. His parents are Amar and Raj Jindal and he married a women named Supriya. This som-biatch is from Pakistan and obviously a member of al-qaida. I wouldn't be surprised at all if his mission was to blow up the gulf oil rig and then blame the government for the problem, thus undermining the democracy that he so despises.
His parents are from India and he was born here in the USA. If you're going to be a bigot, get it right.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:05 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times
I just watched the clip of Nobama, what the hell is he talking about? This meeting was about preparation???????????????
8 weeks into a national disaster and he's talking about lining things up! Boy boy boy we have a winner don't we.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Default Gov. Jindal to BP and obama: We're not waiting around for you anymore

Every State for themself!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
I can't believe that Obama allowed himself to be one-upped by a Governor. A Republican governor on top of that! If that's not the epitome of poor leadership skills, then by God, I truly don't know what is. The fallout for the President from this will be enormous. Is this guy stupid or what?

My new name for the President: Steve Urkel Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies