Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the Seattle girl who got punched by the cop deserve it?
Yes 131 79.88%
No 33 20.12%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Ever heard of putting things into context???

NEVER???

Wow,that is simply....bizarre.

Lets hope you are never assaulted.
And hopefully not by an inexperienced, out of his depth, scared cop like this one! I'm all for defending yourself if attacked, but can't think of a situation where it's cool for ANY man to punch a woman in the face. You won't be able to change my mind on this, so let's move on, shall we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 11:30 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Maybe there is a reading comprehension issue for you but I never stated that anyone was a "racist" for disagreeing with me.

If you actually read my previous posts in this thread I have stated several times that I believe that both the girls and the police office were wrong.

The numerous bigoted comments by many posters in this thread regarding the entire Black population in America based on the actions of two girls is racist. My posts have been about this specific situation. And many of the posters in this thread have been very far off-topic and basically just an excuse to bash Black Americans in general.
No, we are referring to underclass ghetto mentality blacks only, like these two wonderful darlings in the story.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Unlike some people, I form my OWN opinion based on what I believe is right.
And your opinion is unimportant,what the procedure the police are allowed to follow is all that matters.

Quote:
I've watched several times. Still no mob and the only people close to the cop were the two girls and the boy who actually pulled the pink-shirted girl away.
How many people were within six feet of the police officer?

Quote:
I'd like to meet your sister.
THAT is how police respond to this...I thought you watched 'Cops'???

Quote:
A blow to the face can also kill.
So can a peanut...point being YOU advocate using weapons in a crowd to try and restrain the criminals...

Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, hi! How do you 'overpower' them without assaulting them?
Well, if your definition of "assault" is physical contact, then obviously you don't. If by "assault" you mean punching a person, then you wrestle the person into cuffs with superior numbers, or with mace or a taser. I'd give anyone about to be maced or tasered fair warning. It then becomes inarguably their choice.

Quote:
But did it nonetheless...

And was arrested...take note how subdued she became AFTER getting hit..

Again he did in the end,unlike a lot of arrests you see,he was alone...if oyu watch how police subdue a suspect it is more of a 'pile on' approach.

If the cop had knocked the first girl to the ground to then handcuff her,what do you think the other girl could have done?
Afterall the cop would no longer be on his feet....
This guy has hopefully received training before becoming a cop. I would hope that some of that training dealt with subduing an unruly criminal. Somehow, I don't think punching someone in the face was discussed. Perhaps this white guy was from the ghetto and was just doing what was second nature?

Also, I'm not taking about subduing the jaywalker at the beginning of the tape...I'm talking about after the punch. The pink-shirted girl was several feet away and he STILL couldn't handle that barely 100 pound girl. Pretty sad. He definitely needs some upper body strength training.

Quote:
I think using the fact that you are a woman to make some big deal out of getting punched is completely inappropriate. A criminal is a criminal is a criminal. Saying she shouldn't have been punched by a male cop just because she was a woman is sick and chauvanist tripe.
That does seem to be the gist of this...she was a woman and shouldn't be touched...however you can tase her or OC spray her or even draw your firearm and threaten to shoot her...but physically subduing a woman...NO WAY!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
And hopefully not by an inexperienced, out of his depth, scared cop like this one! I'm all for defending yourself if attacked, but can't think of a situation where it's cool for ANY man to punch a woman in the face. You won't be able to change my mind on this, so let's move on, shall we?
Four years on the force....as a patrolman....you were saying?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Just tell me what the cop was supposed to do. Tell me step by step what you would have done if you had been this cop.
No thanks, BUT if I ever decide to become a cop, enroll in training and graduate from that training, I'm sure I will know the PROPER ways in which to subdue an unruly criminal.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
If I am reading this correctly,you think women should have a different standard given to them???

Is that correct,you believe women should have special treatment?
Please....not getting involved in an argument about sexism. Don't punch women in the face, period if you're a man. If that equates to you believing that I think women are weaker than men, I think I'll live.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I think using the fact that you are a woman to make some big deal out of getting punched is completely inappropriate. A criminal is a criminal is a criminal. Saying she shouldn't have been punched by a male cop just because she was a woman is sick and chauvanist tripe.
Where's your Mom and sister(s)? I'd like them to meet my Dad and brothers........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies