Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the Seattle girl who got punched by the cop deserve it?
Yes 131 79.88%
No 33 20.12%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This guy has hopefully received training before becoming a cop. I would hope that some of that training dealt with subduing an unruly criminal.
Yes he did,the person in charge of training them explained his actions were in line...despite your belief to the contrary.

Quote:
Somehow, I don't think punching someone in the face was discussed. Perhaps this white guy was from the ghetto and was just doing what was second nature?
Race???wow,how interesting you bring up race...

Quote:
Also, I'm not taking about subduing the jaywalker at the beginning of the tape...I'm talking about after the punch.
She was arrested,guess he did a good enough job...although throwing her face first into the pavement ala 'COPS' would have worked better I guess...would you have been okay with that?

The pink-shirted girl was several feet away and he STILL couldn't handle that barely 100 pound girl. Pretty sad. He definitely needs some upper body strength training.[/quote]
See above...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
No, we are referring to underclass ghetto mentality blacks only, like these two wonderful darlings in the story.
Would love to meet you in person in my hometown (Washington, DC). I have a feeling you'd be meek and shy as a lamb with my people.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Please....not getting involved in an argument about sexism. Don't punch women in the face, period if you're a man. If that equates to you believing that I think women are weaker than men, I think I'll live.
But he could tase her or use OC spray or even draw his firearm...and this makes sense how?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Let's put all the racism crap aside for a moment. I've watched this video. My impression is that today, more than ever, we are raising children that are not disciplined at home, that much at all, and when it comes time to foray out into the real world, and real autority figures exist, the kids think the same conditions apply. I think in general this applies across the teenage spectrum today, regardless of race. Many are using the race argument, but in doing so, the larger issue of an increasingly complete lack of respect for authority is being ignored. What you are seeing here in this video speaks to that. It starts at home, then persists down to the school room, where teachers and principals have been slowly emasculated by a judiciary that dictates the lessening degrees in which children get reprimanded. Child turns into an adult, and they can't draw distinctions between what types of behavior are acceptable. Hint: if a law enforcement officer tells you to do something within reason, as was the case here, you better damn well do it.

This video is sad in a way, because I think our country is going to be in the crapper within 2 generations, unless we start applying a higher standard of decorum to our children. I say this as a parent, I say it to other parents, as well as to principals and teachers.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
And your opinion is unimportant,what the procedure the police are allowed to follow is all that matters.
My opinion is very important. This whole thread has been about people's OPINION of whether or not the punch was warranted.

Quote:
How many people were within six feet of the police officer?
I don't know; how many?

Quote:
THAT is how police respond to this...I thought you watched 'Cops'???
Never seen an episode of Cops where the police resorted to fist punching.

Quote:
So can a peanut...point being YOU advocate using weapons in a crowd to try and restrain the criminals
But there were no peanuts were there? So your attempt at humor didn't quite catch. Yep; mace and/or taser would've suited me just fine.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Let's put all the racism crap aside for a moment. I've watched this video. My impression is that today, more than ever, we are raising children that are not disciplined at home, that much at all, and when it comes time to foray out into the real world, and real autority figures exist, the kids think the same conditions apply. I think in general this applies across the teenage spectrum today, regardless of race. Many are using the race argument, but in doing so, the larger issue of an increasingly complete lack of respect for authority is being ignored. What you are seeing here in this video speaks to that. It starts at home, then persists down to the school room, where teachers and principals have been slowly emasculated by a judiciary that dictates the lessening degrees in which children get reprimanded. Child turns into an adult, and they can't draw distinctions between what types of behavior are acceptable. Hint: if a law enforcement officer tells you to do something within reason, as was the case here, you better damn well do it.

This video is sad in a way, because I think our country is going to be in the crapper within 2 generations, unless we start applying a higher standard of decorum to our children. I say this as a parent, I say it to other parents, as well as to principals and teachers.
Good post,although it won't take two generations in my opinion,when things don't get better soon and more and more people have no job expect things to escalate...

Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Four years on the force....as a patrolman....you were saying?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,476 times
Cops in Washington State love beating up woman.

Beating caught on police video

Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
No thanks, BUT if I ever decide to become a cop, enroll in training and graduate from that training, I'm sure I will know the PROPER ways in which to subdue an unruly criminal.
It's easy to stand back and second-guess a cop. It's amazing how strong an "unruly" criminal can be, and how fast that "unruly criminal" can get your gun and end your life. Think it doesn't happen? Think again.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Cops in Washington State love beating up woman.

Beating caught on police video
I'm so pissed watching this video! What a lowdown, dirty, PIG of a cop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies