Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the Seattle girl who got punched by the cop deserve it?
Yes 131 79.88%
No 33 20.12%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Cops in Washington State love beating up woman.

Beating caught on police video

Looks like he thumped her good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 12:03 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's easy to stand back and second-guess a cop. It's amazing how strong an "unruly" criminal can be, and how fast that "unruly criminal" can get your gun and end your life. Think it doesn't happen? Think again.
I'm sure it does. Which is why he shouldn't have engaged in a wrestling match with them which allowed them access to his gun. And this cop looked weak...plain and simple.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm sure it does. Which is why he shouldn't have engaged in a wrestling match with them which allowed them access to his gun. And this cop looked weak...plain and simple.

I suggest you try a "ride along" with your local police department, and see what's what. Nothing is as simple or black and white as it seems. Just because the subject is a woman does not mean you can't get hurt.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Quote:
I'm so pissed watching this video! What a lowdown, dirty, PIG of a cop!
Why are you pissed? I suspect if you disobey a cop's demands, resist his/her instructions, shove, punch or curse him/her you too would get the same treatment. Give it a try! I'd love to see what happens!!! Oh by the way, it wouldn't make any difference what color your skin is, or whether you're a male or female...

Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
I saw this video and didn't like it. It appeared to me that the woman who got punched was trying to help out the first woman whose hands the policeman was holding. Why did he need to make physical contact with either of them? Shouldn't he just have handed the first woman a ticket?

Better training is needed here.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:

He did look weak. I think he was embarrassed that the first woman was pushing him around, so he took out his frustrations on the second one..

Old 06-16-2010, 12:12 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The cop instigated the incident. What was he doing hassling young blacks for jaywalking anyway?

No way would he have punched a white girl in the face like that.
You must know this Cop personally?

If a neighborhood is mostly black or latino the Police aren't to enforce the laws? Or are we to only have Police the same color as the majority of the citizens?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I saw this video and didn't like it. It appeared to me that the woman who got punched was trying to help out the first woman whose hands the policeman was holding. Why did he need to make physical contact with either of them? Shouldn't he just have handed the first woman a ticket?

Better training is needed here.

A suggestion....READ THE ARTICLES POSTED.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:15 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
She and her friend should have just shut their mouths and listened to what the cop was saying. As asinine as it is for the cop to stop them for doing something so minor like jaywalking, acting all tough and physically assaulting the cop is the last thing to do. When a cop says something, just shut the hell up and comply. You'll get your chance to defend yourself.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Nobody knows what happened immediately before the wrestling match. So, saying the cop tried to detain her merely for jaywalking is speculative, at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies