Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the Seattle girl who got punched by the cop deserve it?
Yes 131 79.88%
No 33 20.12%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Would love to meet you in person in my hometown (Washington, DC). I have a feeling you'd be meek and shy as a lamb with my people.
I got news for ya, the area were I live is 35-40% black and most are good people and I am able to look past their color and look into whats in there heart. These are good hard working people and I would do anything for them and them for me. The reason I am able to look past there color is because they have a different attitude. Then there are the thugs and thug wannabes. These are the ones who I despise.Yes I would probably be meek and shy as a lamb, but I generally have no problem as long as they are decent people. Oh,BTW- I do carry a pistol just as a precaution.

Last edited by aveojohn; 06-16-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The cop instigated the incident. What was he doing hassling young blacks for jaywalking anyway?

No way would he have punched a white girl in the face like that.
DUH...because they were breaking the LAW

Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Why are you pissed? I suspect if you disobey a cop's demands, resist his/her instructions, shove, punch or curse him/her you too would get the same treatment. Give it a try! I'd love to see what happens!!! Oh by the way, it wouldn't make any difference what color your skin is, or whether you're a male or female...
Not talking about the original video. Talking about the one posted related to this. : Former Deputy Paul Schene Says He Beat Teenage Girl Because He Was Afraid of Her - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

Old 06-16-2010, 12:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm so pissed watching this video! What a lowdown, dirty, PIG of a cop!
I know...

Thats crazy what he did to her.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'm done with you, don't care much for misogynists...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
nice cop out. quite pathetic really when you can't respond to his post

Old 06-16-2010, 12:49 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
I can't speak for what happened before the video started rolling, so I can't make a non-biased judgement. However, the video showed two people against one cop. You can see them struggle while people sit back and laugh at the incident. The girls resist and fight with the cop who dishes out quite a punch to one of them.

At one point, you see a gentleman help out and restrain one girl. Now, I could be a backseat driver and say that the cop shouldn't have slugged the girl, but I'm not.

In fact, I'm going to go on a tangent and say that I'm tired of girls trying to start/cause/instigate/participate in fights and then everyone starts whining when she gets what comes to her. The video "How can she slap?!?" shows another example of a female who had it coming to her. I'm a girl, and I fully support girls getting hit when they hit first.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:51 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well, if your definition of "assault" is physical contact, then obviously you don't. If by "assault" you mean punching a person, then you wrestle the person into cuffs with superior numbers, or with mace or a taser. I'd give anyone about to be maced or tasered fair warning. It then becomes inarguably their choice.
He was waiting for back up.
If you are wrestling one person into cuffs and a second person advances, comes between you and the person you are arresting shoves you back and avances forward in a threating manner while a crowd is forming around you, you KNOW you would have the composure to give a warning and get to your taser or mace that is snapped in a compartment on the back of your belt, if indeed you have them (not all officers carry or are provided with tasers and pepper spray).

I would argue that the officer was using restraint in subduing the women. He could have been more physical and as someone said, slam their face into the ground. And whoever commented about the little barely 100lb woman, both those women looked equivalent in size and weight to the officer.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
This thread is still going on?

The bottom line is that the woman got what she deserved. The end.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:38 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

You would think....

Old 06-16-2010, 03:10 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

exactly, lucky they didn't get worse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies