Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the Seattle girl who got punched by the cop deserve it?
Yes 131 79.88%
No 33 20.12%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:07 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

He was smart for punching her in the face - it would have looked worse if she was on the ground flopping like a fish and drooling out her mouth from a tazer shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:08 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
My take on it was if that was my husband and I had to see him fighting for his life, I would have wanted him to do anything necessary to get back home.
There were two women on him at one point, and he is surrounded by other people. I bet he was worried about losing his service revolver. He also had to strike upwards so the woman was taller than him. I believe the officer was grey/white haired so he had to be late 40 or early 50.

I agree, just stop and surrender. If he decks you after that then you will have some nice vacation money.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:15 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,720,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Oh that pissed me off. First off I would shot once he went back to the car and showed the gun - Heck even before that I would have felt completely threatened. The guy was completely irrational, argumentative, aggressive, verbally abusive, and threating not only his by words but his actions. I would have had my gun drawn on him and once he went for the truck I would have got behind my door and took aim then once I saw the gun and asked for it to be put down and he SAID NO - 3 QUICK BURSTS - NO EFFING APOLOGIES.

What was the outcome of that officers life? - honestly he sounded as if he probably died by the way he was breathing at the end - very sad - scum like that are why we should have the death penalty - THE DAY AFTER THEY ARE CON-EFFING-VICTED.
Well that is why we watch these horrible things.. to learn. Hesitation, not maintaining control of the situation.. ect.

One thing I thought of though.. Rifle beats hand gun... I think I would have actually closed in on him prior to him being able to turn the rifle on me from the vehicle.. Put him on the defensive..

As soo as the officer created distance...advantage rifle?? yes he was killed.. that last sound was a shot to the face.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janisp View Post
typical fat obnoxious black woman. that entire 'oh no he didnt' mentality has to end.

Repugs dreaming:

""" Yuppers ....no racist pigs in here, nope , nosirree.....nope, no filthy disgusting racist in CD.......:rol leyes:

Nope, all racism is just in a liberals mind ...doesn't exist...."""

Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
I've always believed that guys shouldnt hit females but in this particular case these two hood rats got payback for their obnoxious behavior,they're lucky the cop didnt shoot em.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:04 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Default Shut up! put your hands behind your back!

Shut up! put your hands behind your back!
YouTube - Police Officers Beat and SPIT on (at the 3:05 mark) Unarmed Black Man Equals Business as UsuaL

Old 06-17-2010, 06:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
What about the crowd telling the girls to behave instead of taping the entire thing....or even better helping the one cop out instead of standing there and waiting how they can profit from the entire thing...

And ofcourse All Sharpton made his tv appearance again!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:30 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Not punched, that was unprofessional. Maced in the eyes, yes.
He was too close to use Mace or OC spray.

Quote:
Maybe had he pulled out a baton that would have been enough to get her to back off and have the other woman stop acting so defiantly.
And what if she didn't back off,a video of him hitting her with a club would be better?
Quote:
Can you imagine dealing with idiots like that, and many far worse, every day? Its no wonder cops burn out.
I agree.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times
The girl that got punched wasn't the jaywalker. It was her friend the cop was talking to and the girl that got hit was trying to intervene which she shouldn't have done.
The girl who got hit should have stayed out of it and let the cop do his job and not pushed the cop.
Having said that, the cop could have handled it with a verbal warning or restraining her in a more professional manner. He reacted in a personal and violent way. His life was not in danger at that point and he had no good reason to hit the girl.
He had no reason to use his fist. This is the kind of rookie cop that you might read about someday that kicked the crap out of his own wife or girlfriend.
Yes, the girl should not have pushed the cop.
But his reaction is a sign of cops thinking the badge gives them the the authority to hurt people first instead of professionaly diffusing an emotional situation.
I'm white. Is what the cop did racist? I don't know. I don't know his mind.
But black or white, he had no good reason to hit her. It could been have handled without slugging her.
IMO, he aint a real cop. He is just a wannabe power hungry control freak.
There are some good cops (most) and then there are ones like this one.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What about the crowd telling the girls to behave instead of taping the entire thing....or even better helping the one cop out instead of standing there and waiting how they can profit from the entire thing...

And ofcourse All Sharpton made his tv appearance again!
How does the crowd know that the girls don't have any weapons or the cop won't just start shooting all around? In this case whoever taped it did the cop a service by having the full truth on tape.

Don't even get me started on the fake MLK Al Sharpton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies