Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,850,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Pick your own.. There was a whole show about the oil well done on the History channel just the other day..

Ahh, more left wing attacks with name calling, and childish rants...

I think it shows how far they've been pushed to drill... Seriously, you dont think they'd rather be drilling on land?
I was busy and don't watch the History channel. Once again (and I know this is going to frustrate the hell out of you) you claimed that BP was forced to drill out there and one would expect the person who claims whatever should be the person who backs up whatever with there own FACTS. Or do you think that is unnecessary and a silly thing to want from someone claiming something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,441,751 times
LOL, yeah, 'cause BP would have just left that oil sitting out there if the regs had been different.

You guys are wasting your time arguing with him.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I was busy and don't watch the History channel. Once again (and I know this is going to frustrate the hell out of you) you claimed that BP was forced to drill out there and one would expect the person who claims whatever should be the person who backs up whatever with there own FACTS. Or do you think that is unnecessary and a silly thing to want from someone claiming something?
I guess its possible that the History channel was outright lying....

Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I guess its possible that the History channel was outright lying....
Its possible but I just don't see why you don't provide the very public record on the oil rig?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Its possible but I just don't see why you don't provide the very public record on the oil rig?
Do you think it was all planned in secret? In the corner of someones home, with the lights out, and then secretly built and developed without anyone knowing it was taking place?

psss.. we're going to build a great big oil well in the middle of the oil well.. dont tell anyone... sshhhhhh

Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Do you think it was all planned in secret? In the corner of someones home, with the lights out, and then secretly built and developed without anyone knowing it was taking place?

psss.. we're going to build a great big oil well in the middle of the oil well.. dont tell anyone... sshhhhhh
Why do you keep trying to get around what i'm asking for. You said yourself its a very public record so it should be easy for you to come up with, why are you trying to get around showing it to me? Oh and just so you know it doesn't have to happen in the corner of a home with the lights out, there are plenty of secrets the government has and can easily hide something in the middle of the ocean if they want. Just provide the data you claim is so easily available to the public and stop wasting mine and your time with these silly dodging posts.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Why do you keep trying to get around what i'm asking for. You said yourself its a very public record so it should be easy for you to come up with, why are you trying to get around showing it to me? Oh and just so you know it doesn't have to happen in the corner of a home with the lights out, there are plenty of secrets the government has and can easily hide something in the middle of the ocean if they want. Just provide the data you claim is so easily available to the public and stop wasting mine and your time with these silly dodging posts.
In the event this is new to you, internet news sources really werent around online in 1996 when the oil was discovered.. I mean internet was alive and well, but nothing like it is today.. I guess we'll have to stand with you calling the History Channel a lier, and me just taking their word for it..
http://www.subseaiq.com/data/PrintPr...ookieSupport=1

Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Louisianna approved the permit to drill in 500 feet depths, this permit was revoked by the federal government and reissued under the contingency that it was moved to 5,000 feet depths.. The history of the well is very public..
Quote:
In the event this is new to you, internet news sources really werent around online in 1996 when the oil was discovered.. I mean internet was alive and well, but nothing like it is today.. I guess we'll have to stand with you calling the History Channel a lier, and me just taking their word for it..
Project Details
Its just that I don't call the History channel a reputable source of information. I don't believe everything I hear on tv because it can be manipulated so easily. I just thought you would be able to provide information easily because you said it was very public.

As for the link you provided, I thought the oil rig was called "Deepwater Horizon" not the "Marlin TLP"? Also if I am for w/e reason an idiot and this is the same rig (how do I know?) where does it say here that Louisiana permitted to drill at 500 feet and then the government stepped in to say "No you have to go 5,000 feet out"?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:29 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,441,751 times
Quote:
Its just that I don't call the History channel a reputable source of information. I don't believe everything I hear on tv because it can be manipulated so easily.
The History Channel is junk now (and has been for some time).

Xenobiology, gangs, prison culture, ghost chasers, grown men arguing with each other for dramatic effect on crab boats and Big Rigs. Same for Discovery. It's been invaded by what the lowest common denominator wants to see. Sensationalized BS and drama. I remember when those channels were simply awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies