Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times

Advertisements

Isn't there a religion thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 12:44 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinsky View Post
How dare you! He is preaching the truth and you all refuse to listen. If only people would listen to those who try to help the world would be a better place for all of us.
Oh, I dare! He's preaching his opinion. No one knows "the truth" when it comes to God, religion, the afterlife (if there is one), etc. I don't know "the truth", nor do those who claim they do. I stand by my opinion that people like this man use fear to try and control people.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:57 PM

338 posts, read 310,736 times
Still waiting for Roysoldboy and/or Verna Perry to answer my question (post #54)...

Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
If you are so sure of that, why don't you rejoice, for you will be with your God soon.
I am rejoicing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel
Why then do you (or especially Roysoldboy) still concern yourself with petty human politics?
They matter to me....and I do not consider them "petty".

Quote:
Are you afraid that you will be LEFT BEHIND because you didn't believe enough?
...huh?......am I afraid that I will be left behind because I didn't believe enough...?..LOL!!...nope!

Quote:
Why don't you leave earthly matters to us atheists who will stay down here anyway?
Because I will still be here to experience a lot of very,very bad things that are here already...they just haven't manifested fully YET!!!...but they will.

Quote:
Contradict much?
No contradictions...simply fact.

Quote:
Prove it or stop lying to the people.
...oh there's plenty of proof for you here...right on this forum....just waiting for you to discover it! Get busy!

Quote:
What sign? Up where? When is nigh?
...nevermind...you wouldn't be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuendel View Post
Still waiting for Roysoldboy and/or Verna Perry to answer my question (post #54)...
...Happy now?...

Last edited by Verna Perry; 06-16-2010 at 05:40 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM

37,968 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Just wondering how many here can say that they are ready for the possibility that THIS could happen any second.

http://www.youtube.com/v/SmLhyPjHVes
All those poor bastards left standing at the end, were surely starting their time in hell.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:38 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Just wondering how many here can say that they are ready for the possibility that THIS could happen any second.

http://www.youtube.com/v/SmLhyPjHVes
No it CANNOT and WILL NOT happen. It is not POSSIBLE. You will meet the Lord Jesus Christ but it will be on his terms when you DIE and your soul ascends to be with him (assuming you are not going to Hell). He is not going to come back here and snatch you out of your seat at church and take you into the clouds to meet him. That is the figment of somebody's imagination.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Now we have a controversy, don't we? You didn't answer my question. Are you ready just in case it happens?
I am ready but it AIN'T gonna happen.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:46 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Got any pets you would like me to take care of when you're gone?
I'm only charging $1000.00 per pet!
Quote:
Ah, yes, I am ready for it when it happens, but I know several here who aren't and won't be when their time comes. You are one of them. Now we have a controversy, don't we?
You quoted my post in that reply but you didn't answer my question, do you
have any pets you would like me to take care of when you're whisked up?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 PM

338 posts, read 310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
They matter to me....and I do not consider them "petty".
But why do they matter if they are but an insignificant human aspect in this world of flesh that will be vacated soon for an eternity of bliss at your god's feet (as you claim)?

Quote:
Because I will still be here to experience a lot of very,vey bad things that are here already...they just haven't manefested fully YET!!!...but they will.
Isn't it a religious maxime that the more you suffer on in your life on earth, the more you will be rewarded in eternity?
If this eternal bliss is coming so soon that there are potent signs about, and we all should be getting ready, what is a little more suffering to you? You will be amply rewarded.

Quote:
No contradicitons...simply fact.
Madam, you contradict yourself in these sentences: on one side you are condemning the president for accomodating foreign dignitaries, on the other you condemn him for not doing so.

Quote:
...oh there's plenty of proof for you here...right on this forum....just waiting for you to discover it! Get busy!
Burden of proof doesn't lie with me. Proof is to be offered as verifiable/falsifiable empirical data. Belief doesn't equal proof or truth.

Quote:
...nevermind...you wouldn't be interested.
Try me!

I really would love to hear about these signs, maybe I could catch one myself.

Quote:
...Happy now?...
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, I really appreciate that.

But I can't claim to be happy, as I'm still quite in the dark concerning the end times/signs thereof, or your motivation to lastingly influence this place which you will be leaving shortly.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am ready but it AIN'T gonna happen.
I'm ready too, as I'm dying to meet this feller. Would it be possible that you turn it up to 90 for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Beg, I'm on my knees... zap me baby, zap me.

YouTube - Bob and Doug McKenzie - Strange Brew Clip #18

Go to heaven for the weather and ya go to hell for the company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies