Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:17 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
You can try to revise all you want now, but the fact of the matter is that you are projecting your behavior onto me.
Onto you? I was responding to someone else. I wasn't even talking to you. The other person either chose not to answer, or they haven't seen my response to them. I'm not sure where you come into this.

Quote:
You spoke for others with absolute certainty. You even put "REALLY" in caps. Seriously, you aren't fooling anyone.
Maybe I've read their other posts. Maybe I've talked to them before. Still not sure why you actually care.

Quote:
Please, Watson, explain to me how I am stopping anyone from replying here? I am not. That's laughable. You are just making things up to deflect. Like you really think that my participation here is tantamount to silencing people who I agree with? Derrr. Dodge and spin.
Your participation where I am concerned just ended. If the person I responded to wishes to respond to me I will be happy to discuss it with them. This never did have anything to do with you. I'm not really sure why you thought it did in the first place.

Now I'm giving you something nobody else on this forum will ever give you. The last word. Make it good. I can promise you that it won't get a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 07:20 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
Good ideas! I would also add: Deport the illegal aliens. If we know who has or hasn't filled out a census form, we can figure out who is in this country illegally. Kill the who amnesty idea, it will make a bad problem even worse.

Deny benefits to illegals. It is insane that we are giving them in-state tuition. Any college educated person who thinks an illegal can't take their job, is sorely mistaken. What the heck do you think they are going to do with these degrees? Of course they are going to go after the higher paying jobs.

Stop alienating private industry. Industries like BP who violated safety should have went before a jury of American citizens and not the politicians. The American people should have decided how much BP should pay and not the President. The government shouldn't be involved in any private industry including healthcare, banks, or car companies.

I think liberals would agree with this one. Get out of foreign countries. Why are we fighting a war in the middle east when we have a huge open door along the Mexican border? I don't think we can afford all these foreign bases either. Oh, and no more foreign aid. How on Earth do we know that our foreign aid dollars aren't going to line the pockets of corrupt rulers in some of these countries?
Good addition to the list.

Add: A new constitutional amendment that any child born in this country must have at least one parent who is already a citizen or who is in this country LEGALLY.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Onto you? I was responding to someone else. I wasn't even talking to you. The other person either chose not to answer, or they haven't seen my response to them. I'm not sure where you come into this.

Maybe I've read their other posts. Maybe I've talked to them before. Still not sure why you actually care.

Your participation where I am concerned just ended. If the person I responded to wishes to respond to me I will be happy to discuss it with them. This never did have anything to do with you. I'm not really sure why you thought it did in the first place.

Now I'm giving you something nobody else on this forum will ever give you. The last word. Make it good. I can promise you that it won't get a response.
Yes, more dodging. Oh well. Avoid mirrors for a day or two.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:20 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
They were ridiculed because of the obvious fear mongering tactics. Had they given legit reasons they would have been taken more seriously. Screaming "socilaist!" is kid stuff, and it reveals that they are against the man, not his policies.
I see, so if ordinary American citizens disagree with the presidents politics he can ridicule and disparage them, and it gives the green light for the speaker of the house and senate leader and other democrats to refer to them as terrorists, Nazis, evil mongers, and the KKK?

Elected democrats and citizens protesting the war or bush's policies called Bush much worse names then "socilaist!" You never heard president Bush or the republican leadership refer to any of them in such a way as those i listed above.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I see, so if ordinary American citizens disagree with the presidents politics he can ridicule and disparage them, and it gives the green light for the speaker of the house and senate leader and other democrats to refer to them as terrorists, Nazis, , evil mongers, and the KKK?

Elected democrats and and citizens protesting the war or bush's policies called Bush much worse names then "socilaist!" You never heard president Bush or the republican leadership refer to any of them in such a way as those i listed above.
As I have said before on this forum, many times, I am aware that there are demagogues on both sides. I don't feel especially compelled to answer for them though because, you see, I don't belong to their party, or any party. Currently, the shreiking from the right is many, many decibels louder than that from the left. You can deny it 'til you're blue in the face and I may muster up a pitied chuckle, but not much else.

I know that you know what a straw man argument is. You're intelligent, so I am guessing that you knew you were creating one, Which is a pity. You're playing a moral equivalency game and giving your implied support to two wrongs making a right. I'll leave it at that.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Currently, the shreiking from the right is many, many decibels louder than that from the left.
Says the person firmly ensconced on the Left, who somehow, miraculously, MISSED all the shrieking from the Left.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Hey when a commie/Marxist takes over power you better believe it get peoples attention

Old 06-17-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Hey when a commie/Marxist takes over power you better believe it get peoples attention
It will get my attention, should that ever happen.

Until then, hand me another Michelob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies