Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think that people want to hear about a solid, specific plan.

A plan for how BP is going to stop oil from spilling out into the gulf. A plan that isn't just, we'll try this and if it doesn't work, we'll try this, and if it doesn't work... The series of attempts doesn't convey a sense of organization and professionalism and knowledge. It's like a kitchen leak, and the plumber you hired to plumb the lines can't figure out how to fix the leak, and so tries one thing after another. We'll caulk it, no, that just slowed it down, how about we just put a bucket here, and we'll come in every night and empty the bucket. Of course, the leak could get worse, could overflow the bucket. But I'll be thinking about the problem in the meantime, and figure something else out. That's not a plumber I can trust.
The only hope there is still remains the relief wells.

The rest is just controlling after the fact and sweet little lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 11:27 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Talking to T. Boon was one of the major disappointments in my life. He is NOT a driller, he is an investor.

There is no way to say "sorry" adequately for this mess.
I agree, however, "sorry" and nothing else conveys a poor response. At lest T. Boon can put up a convincing front, even though he is not a "driller" , he sure has hired and fired a few.Perception is 90 per cent of business when you get to these lofty perches....I always had a liking to OK. oil guys, they just seemed more hands on, than the Texans. Maybe it was watching too many episodes of Dallas......

Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I agree, however, "sorry" and nothing else conveys a poor response. At lest T. Boon can put up a convincing front, even though he is not a "driller" , he sure has hired and fired a few.Perception is 90 per cent of business when you get to these lofty perches....I always had a liking to OK. oil guys, they just seemed more hands on, than the Texans. Maybe it was watching too many episodes of Dallas......
Black Gold??

Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Black Gold??
Thats what they called it. I knew a lot of people years ago who made Millions, not much rubbed off I am sad to say, but they did give me a job for a few years.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I want to hear him say:

"It probably never occurred to you, but all of our oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico are built and maintained to a similar standard as the Deepwater Horizon, so the chances of another similar catastrophe occurring before we manage to get this one under control are quite high."
When the mobster Hayward said BP had 100's of wells in the gulf, a Senator replied, "That's what's scaring me".

Old 06-18-2010, 05:51 PM

Associated Press reported today that BP....91 BILLION in cash flow in the last 3 years.

More money than Apple and Google.

Bankruptcy??? ....Just another scare tactic....

Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
First of all HAYWARD is not a US Citizen so the pleading the 5th does not apply too him and the head of GP has removed him from Gulf Coast operations.
As for what was he to say in front of Congress? Well isn't it incredible to see the CEO of a huge multinational corruption develop amnesia after the biggest debacle in your company's history?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:02 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
The only hope there is still remains the relief wells.

The rest is just controlling after the fact and sweet little lies.

lool...... what about the flow rates?? another bumble fook, ohh it's only leaking 1000 barrels a day, ohh wait it's leaking 5000 barrels a day, oh wait a minute we just revised the flow to 12.000 to 19.000,,dang it" i don't think that's right, it's probably 20.000 to 40.000 barrels a day.didn't you here the other flow team came up with 35.000 to 60.000 thousand barrels a day oh know now that we have all the pipes hooked up it's closer to one barrel a second or 96.000 barrels a day..

i wonder if it was true error?? or could it be they did not want to pay the 1070$$ dollar fine for every single barrel that ended up in the gulf. and the 4300$$ dollar fine per barrel for negligent opperations

irony is i bet not one person gets prosecuted and go's to jail..

Old 06-18-2010, 08:07 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Here is what I wanted the BP CEO to say to the committee-"Shut up you hypocritical self-serving morons."

Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Here is what I wanted the BP CEO to say to the committee-"Shut up you hypocritical self-serving morons."
Such a constructive comment.

More "Corporation Is My God" thinking. Guess personal responsibility is NOT very high up on SOME people's priorities....but finger pointing is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies