Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
If you read the entirety of my link you will see that this Italian Imam believes it is the duty of Arab's who believe in 'unadulterated' Islam to support Israel's full return and complete control of Jerusalem. He also thinks the Israeli's are crazy to even entertain a Palestian state.

He believes that Islam has been contaminated by political forces who are afraid that democracy and education will ruin their hold on the subjugation and control of their own Arab people.
The Imam fits the profile of a Zionist, pretty much like the Christian Zionists. It also reaffirms the common root the three religions share, and the dysfunctional family they represent.

And the puritans, regardless of their religion, are assuming this is God's work, for Him to rule the earth. The question is, where does this end? It is also amusing that the Imam points at no person owning any land because God owns is all (yet assigns land per scripture).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Yes, I'm afraid you did. Too circular and off topic. You are the one who asserts the State of Israel hates the USA. Make your case or don't. Insisting I point to evidence to the contrary is, well, silly, and, quite frankly, lazy on your part.
I made no such claim. You were asked specific questions, and largely from responses to your own questions. Those might be difficult questions for you, given your stand and weak arguments so far, but running away from them is unhealthy.

Please respond to the post as intended. And point to circular logic as well. I would like to know what you saw as such. Looking forward to it. Or, if you can't handle the truth, just have this thread closed.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
The only conslusion I can draw from your post Einstein is that you are without a belief in god and therefore anti all religions.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM

469 posts, read 579,263 times
Quote:
If you read the entirety of my link you will see that this Italian Imam believes it is the duty of Arab's who believe in 'unadulterated' Islam to support Israel's full return and complete control of Jerusalem. He also thinks the Israeli's are crazy to even entertain a Palestian state.

He believes that Islam has been contaminated by political forces who are afraid that democracy and education will ruin their hold on the subjugation and control of their own Arab people.
I guess this is where I get confused. If the Qur'an supports the State of Israel, what happened to Arab nations that caused them to abandon the teachings of the Qur'an? I can understand resentment of Colonial Occupation, but to the extent that they would abandon their own religious doctrine? There must be more to it than this. How do Muslims explain this split from the Qur'an?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
The only conslusion I can draw from your post Einstein is that you are without a belief in god and therefore anti all religions.
Nice. Now, I'm sure you can prove that. Go ahead, I would like to see how you arrived at this conclusion even as it has nothing to do with what was being discussed. I will return the favor and discuss you. Would that be fair?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM

469 posts, read 579,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I made no such claim. You were asked specific questions, and largely from responses to your own questions. Those might be difficult questions for you, given your stand and weak arguments so far, but running away from them is unhealthy.

Please respond to the post as intended. And point to circular logic as well. I would like to know what you saw as such. Looking forward to it. Or, if you can't handle the truth, just have this thread closed.
Yeah, that's the problem. I can't handle the truth. You've exposed me. I'm so ashamed. Can we move on now?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times
Default "Arafat turned it all down"

The formula for a two-state solution was negotiated ten years ago, but turned down by Arafat because it would have meant giving up the "right of return" to Israel. The right of return is a demographic destruction of the State of Israel. Shortly after Camp David, Arafat launched a multi-year "intafada" which consisted of many suicide bombings and other types of massacres.

Dennis Ross was intimately involved in the Camp David negotiations.
Mideast Dispatch Archive: Dennis Ross on the “Camp David myths” of the anti-Israel crowd
Ross confirms that Barak offered Arafat all of Gaza, a net of 97 percent of the West Bank, 2 percent of pre-1967 Israel, and a capital in east Jerusalem. Ross says "those who say there were cantons, this is completely untrue. [The territory offered in the West Bank] was contiguous."
Ross says Arafat was offered a "Right of Return" for refugees to the nascent Palestinian state and $30 Billion fund to compensate refugees, and Arafat turned it all down, against the pleadings of his own Palestinian advisors.

DENNIS ROSS: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AT CAMP DAVID AND BEYOND

A summary by Dennis Ross of what was offered and what took place at the Camp David and Taba negotiations:
1. Yasser Arafat presented no ideas at Camp David.
2. The Taba talks would have happened in late September if not for the outbreak of violence. Arafat knew the US was ready to make a proposal and thus promised to control the violence, but didn't. (I think he was hoping that he could leverage the violence into political gain.)
3. All of Gaza and a net of 97% of the West Bank were offered at Taba.
4. The West Bank area offered was contiguous, not "cantons".
5. The Jordan valley would be under Israeli patrol for only 6 years.
6. The Palestinians were offered a capital in eastern Jerusalem.
7. There would be a "Right of Return" to the nascent Palestinian state.
8. A $30 Billion fund to compensate refugees would be set up.
9. Taba was rushed due to Clinton's, not Barak's, end of term.
10. Members of the PA delegation thought Taba was the best they could hope to get and encouraged Arafat to accept it.
11. Arafat accepted everything he was given at Taba, but rejected everything he was supposed to give.
12. Arafat scuttled the Camp David offer. Arafat scuttled the Taba offer. Arafat scuttled the Mitchell plan. Arafat scuttled the Tenet plan. Arafat scuttled the Zinni plan.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
The formula for a two-state solution was negotiated ten years ago, but turned down by Arafat because it would have meant giving up the "right of return". The right of return is a demographic destruction of the State of Israel.
Elaborate.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
This is not accurate. The Irgun did NOT become the Israeli government. Its leaders refused to integrate into Israeli Government's military structure in an orderly fashion in the months following the Declaration of the State of Israel. See the information on the Altalena ship affair:
Altalena Affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so Menachem Begin the prime minister of Israel was never a member of Irgun or Haganah?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's the problem. I can't handle the truth. You've exposed me. I'm so ashamed. Can we move on now?
I know you would like to run away, but here's the post again, so it isn't any more trouble for you to go back and take care of it... I'm even highlighting the questions/responses for you...
:
:
:
Quote:
For racists, there are "good" Jews and bad Jews, just like racist would say, there are good n*gg*rs and bad n*gg*ers. It was a question, not a statement.
You mentioned the word anti-semite in your (apparently) a question. Why? Do all Jews support anything and everything Israel does? Are those who don't are to be "questioned" as being anti-semite. I'm asking you and for your opinion, don't point somewhere else.

Quote:
Your are obviously claiming the acts listed above were deliberate and hateful in intent. Why would Israel hate one of the only countries that show steadfast support for their existence? It doesn't make sense. Btw, If I were Israeli, I would have been grateful for 9-11, too, but not for hateful reasons.
1- To suggest that I trust those who went through the ordeal, the US Navy veterans, above Israel's excuses. Or you making claims to the contrary, or are you simply taking Israel's words? I would like to know.

2- Old trick. What makes you think that Israel wouldn't want America to fight for it?
3- Are you grateful for 9-11 as an American? Why would an Israeli celebrate? Could it be related to the point I just made (#2)?

Quote:
Almost all of the USA is the result of Caucasian aggression, does the USA have the right to exist? At least the territory Isreal holds was gained while defending themselves from Arab aggression when Arabs failed to recognize the political boundaries that were approved by the international committee.
Who or what gives a country the right to exist? Whether you like it or not, every country, and the people, can make that claim. Israel is not unique and should not be seen as an exception. I do not approve of what was done to the native Americans. Do you? Do you think they had the right to exist and make claims to their lands?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies