Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 PM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The Zionists did not fight or shed any blood for the land they occupy. The land they occupy was GIVEN TO THEM by corrupt and evil governments. The United States, Britain, France and the Zionists, simply took it upon themselves to take a portion of land from a people and give it to a group of Ashkenazi Jews from Germany and Eastern Europe. Furthermore, the U.S., and Britain used their world dominance to manipulate the weaker nations of the United Nations to endorse the bogus nation.
I wonder why you forget to mention that the communist USSR (Russia) also voted for the UN Partition Plan in 1947 which included the establishment of the modern state of Israel.
Factually, the Zionists fought and shed lots of blood for their land even before the establishment of the State of Israel. Palestinian Arabs killed Palestinian Jews during the British Mandate in several riots in the years 1920, 1929 & 1936-1939. That is besides the Israeli War of Independence in 1948 after the Declaration of Israel as a state upon the final departure of the British from the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 03:24 PM

469 posts, read 579,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
The colonial powers were only the last ones in a series of invaders to do this. What brought the arabs there in the first place? Invasion during Muslim expansion. What do you think happened to the people who lived there before?
Then, what's your point? What is the difference between the State of Israel and all the rest of the Arab states that make the State of Israel less legitimate? Or are you saying the totality of the Middle East is illegitimate? Make a glass parking lot out of it. What?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:31 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Then, what's your point? What is the difference between the State of Israel and all the rest of the Arab states that make the State of Israel less legitimate? Or are you saying the totality of the Middle East is illegitimate? Make a glass parking lot out of it. What?
My point is that if someone draws the conclusion that Israel is illegitimate because of British colonialism, so are countless other countries created from the same reason. But you don't see people question the legitimacy of Lebanon or Syria and all the others.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, sorry, gsm113. I'm getting dizzy.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Oh, sorry, gsm113. I'm getting dizzy.
Then try not to concern yourself with such complex topics.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Then try not to concern yourself with such complex topics.
Always aspire. If not for myself to gleen, then for someone else.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
My point is that if someone draws the conclusion that Israel is illegitimate because of British colonialism, so are countless other countries created from the same reason. But you don't see people question the legitimacy of Lebanon or Syria and all the others.
This is my point exactly. There seems to be no logic in the case that the State of Israel is illegitimate. If there is, it hasn't been made on this thread so far.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:33 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,646 times
Quote:
This is my point exactly. There seems to be no logic in the case that the State of Israel is illegitimate. If there is, it hasn't been made on this thread so far.
The Arabs do not want Ashkenazi or European Jews occupying the land or in the region. They view the European Jews as outsiders, placed there by the West. Whereas, they view the Syrians and Lebanese as native to the Middle East. The leaders of all the Arab/Islamic nations have stated it.

What's so difficult to understand about that?

Last edited by dorado0359; 06-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 06-18-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
The Arabs do not want Ashkenazi or European Jews occupying the land or in the region. They view the European Jews as outsiders, placed there by the West. Whereas, they view the Syrians and Lebanese as o native to the Middle East. The leaders of all the Arab/Islamic nations have stated it.

If you go back far enough everyone is from somewhere else. How far do you go back to decide they are native? Arabs conquered the area 1200 years ago. I believe it belonged to the Greeks or Byzantines before that. And the Romans before them.
Who are the natives then? Ancient peoples like the Canaanites? Don't exist anymore.

Was Yasser Arafat a native? I believe he was from Egypt. Is that native to Israel? I don't think so.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
The Arabs do not want Ashkenazi or European Jews occupying the land or in the region. They view the European Jews as outsiders, placed there by the West. Whereas, they view the Syrians and Lebanese as o native to the Middle East. The leaders of all the Arab/Islamic nations have stated it.

Let's pretend that that's the reason the Arab nations don't want Israel there.

So, hypothetically, if America and Canada and Costa Rica get together, and we decide we don't like Belize. We can just shut it down and let Guatemala take over Belize? You're good with that? They're Jews. They're Semites. Every single one of them may not have lived in Israel 100 years ago, but they're from the block. You make it sound like Israel was founded by Aborigines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies