Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Who gave you authority to judge him as a lesser human being? What if one of your family members was on death row?

If they were guilty they would deserve it! It would be terrible for the family but right is right.

I have a cousin doing 20 years in prison for armed robbery. Long story short, he had several strikes against him from birth and has always struggled with additction. He is also lazy, manipulative and a charmer. While I feel for his father and sisters (and him to an extent) he deserves to be in prison. He was given a million chances and blew them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 07:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
If they were guilty they would deserve it! It would be terrible for the family but right is right.

I have a cousin doing 20 years in prison for armed robbery. Long story short, he had several strikes against him from birth and has always struggled with additction. He is also lazy, manipulative and a charmer. While I feel for his father and sisters (and him to an extent) he deserves to be in prison. He was given a million chances and blew them all.
Guess what? You are not judge and jury for this degenerate man. You have no authority to treat this man with no dignity at his time of death.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 PM

848 posts, read 1,952,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
The "man" is NOT a human being. He killed a man, in a court room, while being on trial for other crimes. He is a walking (or was), worthless, waste of oxygen. He WAS NOT going to invent the better mousetrap, cure AIDS, nor do ANYTHING worthwhile in society. He was going to do NOTHING, but harm people. He got what he deserved, although about 24 yrs too late.

Face it: SOME people DO NOT deserve to breath oxygen. They are wastes of societies resources, money, and time. This "person" is one of them...Good riddance. There are a couple of thousand more, on death row, all across the US, which need to go too. I'll buy the ammo.

And before you liberals cry how blood thirsty I am and how everyone deserves life, etc. Remember, if we could have killed Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and thousands of others; MANY people could have been saved. MILLIONS of people in fact. But hey, lets take the high road. Let's let these people live as "human beings." So they can kill millions.

Peace, love, and understanding...
This is the truth!

Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Quote:
I agree.
This for some reason reminds me of a hypothetical question sometimes asked of attornies. It goes something like; If a man jumps off a building, committing suicide, and a person in one of the building's lower floors shoots a gun out the window, accidentally hitting and killing the suicider, is the man who shot the gun guilty of involuntary manslaughter?

Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
That areas of this country even still administer the death penalty is barbaric enough. I suppose there are those people in America who believe that our criminal justice system should reflect the savagery of our most undesirable citizens, which sounds just a bit backwards to me.
Go have a good cry.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:56 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times
Quote:
Guess what? You are not judge and jury for this degenerate man. You have no authority to treat this man with no dignity at his time of death.
Well, someone WAS....the judge and jury for this degenerate man.
Who has NO authority?
A public citizen who sits on a jury as part of his fair trial?
What defines dignity, in his case?
Maybe if he hadn't KILLED people......he would be allowed to have equal dignity, as the rest of us!
But.....he chose to waive his right to keep any dignity and is not the same equally, as a result of his own actions.
He was a cold-blooded killer!
Capiche'?

Old 06-20-2010, 02:28 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
And who, and or what, gives you the authority not too?

Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He didn't ask for one You right wingers are amusing how you can take any issue or event, even if it isn't political and put a far right ignorant bias to it. Fox news has taught (brainwashed) you well.
It's a joke. Lighten up.

I may be a "right winger" but, I'm not necessarily putting a far right ignorant bias on things.

I live in Michigan. Michigan recently imposed a law prohibiting smoking in all public establishments. Including bars.

Can you imagine going to a rock & roll bar and not being able to smoke if you want to?

Many folks just will stay at home. So now, if you're a non smoker, you can have all the non-smoking space you want. Non smokers in Michigan have successfully put smokers in their place. And have diminished the income that bars and restaurants depend on to stay in business.

Hooray for the liberals.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It's a joke. Lighten up.

I may be a "right winger" but, I'm not necessarily putting a far right ignorant bias on things.

I live in Michigan. Michigan recently imposed a law prohibiting smoking in all public establishments. Including bars.

Can you imagine going to a rock & roll bar and not being able to smoke if you want to?

Many folks just will stay at home. So now, if you're a non smoker, you can have all the non-smoking space you want. Non smokers in Michigan have successfully put smokers in their place. And have diminished the income that bars and restaurants depend on to stay in business.

Hooray for the liberals.
So... it's Friday night at the big R&R bar downtown. 500 townies kicking back. Maybe 1000 at one of the bigger clubs. How many are smoking at any given moment in the 500 seat maximum occupancy by Federal Law club? 20? 30? 50? But all the rest of 450 people should 'enjoy' the second hand smoke because they also dig live music? This doesn't make sense to all Conservatives, only the ones that smoke. Seriously, smoking cuts across ideological lines. It is more likely that non-smoking Conservatives were the real weight behind smoking bans. Liberals gave you the out of having "designated smoking areas". Ingrate.

H

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Quote:
It is standard procedure when giving an injection. To deviate from standard procedure is to treat the prisoner as a lesser human being.
Shooting the guy in the face isn't lowering his standards as a human being? The guy chose this way to go, to show everyone how barbaric capital punishment is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies