Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:14 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's just some invisible boogy man they can cry about. Another worn out "argument" from their tired old play book.
It still goes on sadly. There are people that don't support our troops. Mainly because this is a volunteer military now and the view is they choose to join and fight in "unjust" wars. They are now part of the problem. It's even been said on this forum in other threads.

I thought we were passed this. I wish it was some invisible boogy man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 12:18 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I'm anti-military. Any military. I think it serves absolutely no purpose that is beneficial to the masses. It is the lowest human endeavor.I'm saying nothing of those that serve. That is their choice. They can participate in the madness or realize it for what it is and reject it.
Glad to see we have someone that appreciates their freedom in our midst. Are you a Jehovah's Witness, or what? You just be thankful there are young men and women who put their lives on the line everyday for your ungrateful behind. I'm sure they are glad to know they have your support.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Quote:
I'm anti-military. Any military. I think it serves absolutely no purpose that is beneficial to the masses. It is the lowest human endeavor. You won't understand this, but there are far better methods of achieving greatness, of creating enduring peace, of using our resources in a responsible manner.

Military serves no purpose, ok, so I guess if some Muslims terrorists attacked our country, we should either A) Surrender or B) Try to be friends with them and see if we can understand why they kill innocent people in the name of God, the wonderful Liberal world full of diversity and where people resolve their differences by engaging in "meaningful dialogue". Like Obama said once, we should be able to separate the good Taliban from the bad Taliban haha. Can't you see how stupid this sounds?

Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 AM

210 posts, read 173,078 times
Quote:
Written like a person who hates America. Why? Because you use hate instead of logic when you can't understand a different point of view. Kind of divisive, huh? The kind of division that would have us killing each other for no good reason whatsoever.

I'm anti-military. Any military. I think it serves absolutely no purpose that is beneficial to the masses. It is the lowest human endeavor. You won't understand this, but there are far better methods of achieving greatness, of creating enduring peace, of using our resources in a responsible manner.

You know in your heart that what I write is true. But you're afraid, like most people, to make it a reality. People don't want to make the choice, they'd rather someone else do it for them. It's easier to get mad and kill people, I know. History is a road covered in blood, thanks to the militaries of the world.

I'm saying nothing of those that serve. That is their choice. They can participate in the madness or realize it for what it is and reject it. Free will doesn't go away no matter how powerless one feels.
Anti any military ?

I take a non-interventionist view where military should only be used in self-defence. What if you knew a nuke was gonna be dropped on you, would you want everone to lay down and just take it ? Maybe you dont mind dying, but im pretty sure others would. Kinda selfish, wouldnt ya say.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:38 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
To those here who want to support our men and women serving in the Middle East - Everywhere - you might want to look for a local organization or group who work hard to put together "care packages" to send to the troops.

Remember, the Holidays are fast approaching and there are lots of service members who might not be remembered if not for these groups.

Or, check out the links for a few organizations that are involved in bringing a smile to that service-member serving far away.

Thank you

American Red Cross

USO | Support Our Troops | United Service Organizations

Packages From Home

Old 06-19-2010, 03:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Because they hate America, just like Obama.

Where are you getting these ideas that Liberals hate America?
And if Obama hated America why would he bother going through all the trouble to become its President?
Seems to me that some one who believes that all Liberals hate America should take a good look in the mirror and question his own patriotism or just turn off Limbaugh and Beck type shows.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 AM

114 posts, read 362,916 times
The troops know the risks of warfare when they enlist. I will still love a relative unconditionally who is in the military, but not for necessarily being in the military. God will hold all responsible whether in the forefront of war or not. It's called aiding and abetting.

'You must not murder'- (Ex 20:13). The Bible is anti-warfare. The holy wars in Bible were righteous wars, unlike any wars that have been brought about by mankind. Jehovah God does nothing without a warning. He warned pharoah to let his people go so that they may serve Him. He hasn't changed. He is Jehovah God til time indefinite. That means forever. He exacts that exclusive devotion still. You need not worry about a nation as a whole. No one country is in God's favor. Israel apostated in those Bible times. It's an individual thing now. Jehovah's son, Christ Jesus suffered for you. What are you doing for him, personally?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:08 AM

757 posts, read 802,887 times
Most people do support the men and women in the military. It is the POLICY that is often questioned not their service. For the life of me I don't know why that is such a hard concept for some people to grasp.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:40 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehtaht View Post
'You must not murder'- (Ex 20:13). The Bible is anti-warfare. The holy wars in Bible were righteous wars, unlike any wars that have been brought about by mankind. Jehovah God does nothing without a warning. He warned pharoah to let his people go so that they may serve Him. He hasn't changed. He is Jehovah God til time indefinite. That means forever. He exacts that exclusive devotion still.
When the Japanese attacked the United States in 1941, is it your position that we, the United States should not have responded and defended our Nation?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:12 AM

615 posts, read 545,135 times
I'm as far from liberal as you can get and I don't support the troops one bit. They are the reason we can bomb and kill foreigners, if they weren't so willing to do it we wouldn't have these wars to begin with. You can't be against the war and for the troops, because the troops are the reason for the war. Our troops have made Americans hated by the world because of their killing of innocent people, torturing prisoners, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies