Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
a**holes of any race or religion = anyone who enjoys the freedom of our nation while denying that freedom to other (grabbing at a camera).

even bigger a**holes = anyone who defends these people

People who shove cameras in other peoples faces, attempting to cause conflict and create controversy, deserve more then just getting their camera pushed away - no matter who they are or what cause they are supporting or against.

As a member of the media, I capture a reaction, not try to create one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 10:56 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
a**holes of any race or religion = anyone who enjoys the freedom of our nation while denying that freedom to other (grabbing at a camera).

even bigger a**holes = anyone who defends these people
Someone who shoves a camera in my face without my permission gets a lens full of fist.

Proud to be the biggest a-hole!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Quite a different treatment for disrupting a Catholic Mass in Lansing MI.

Imagine if someone acted this way at a Muslim service and insulted Allah as they did Jesus.

This difference speaks to the lament , "mom likes you best".

http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/lansing/article-2302-gay-anarchist-action-hits-church.html

"A gay anarchist group infiltrated the Mt. Hope Church in Eaton County Sunday morning, disrupting a service by pulling a fire alarm, dropping leaflets and yelling at parishioners, a pastor said."

[SIZE=2]"Elieff acknowledged the group’s right to protest, but he said the church’s civil rights were infringed upon when the service was disrupted.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]No one was arrested at the church, and, Elieff said, as far as he knew, no arrests have been made."
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=30504
"Using megaphones for amplification they shouted epithets at those entering the service such as “Jesus is a homo”. They also mockingly carried an upside down pink cross."

"A gay anarchist group infiltrated the Mt. Hope Church in Eaton County Sunday morning, disrupting a service by pulling a fire alarm, dropping leaflets and yelling at parishioners, a pastor said."

[/SIZE]
Interesting, isn't it? P.C.; intimidation; jamming...

Old 06-26-2010, 12:24 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
An alleged eye-witness on Pam Gellar’s blog points the blame at David Wood:

The Police Clearly Saw Reason to Arrest David Wood and CoChristians Arrested at the Arab Festival, Dearborn « Yahya Snow's Blog
Can you tell us how far from the festival the police told those guys they had to be to hand out their literature? I know but do you?

I think that freedom of speech was taken away in that little set to but then you don't see that at all since it was the "bad guys" who had it taken away.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah..most festivals say that you just can't bring in your lawn chairs and coolers.

I could see if it were on the Muslim's private property..but from what I saw it looked more like public property therefore they should have been able to hand out flyers and/or take videos.

It happens all the time at other public gatherings with no backlash like this.
Usually ends up with lots more paper to pick up off the ground after the festival is over.
It was the Muslims whining to the police as I saw it on Wood's video but then he was recruiting according to them. I saw that they took the tracts if they wanted to and didn't if they didn't. Nothing was being forced on them. The best part of this is that they were told they could hand out their tracts at least 5 blocks away from the festival. That is too stupid for me to understand. When you are protesting it needs to be at the site.

I wonder what happens when those cops find themselves enforcing Sharia.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:53 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
It looks to me they were trying to ask questions about the pamphlets they were handed, "got questions, we got answers" When they attempted to ask they were given nothing but a hard time. My question is, what do the Muslims have to hide? Are the afraid their religion will be exposed for what it is? A religion of violence, bent on world domination and the destruction of Israel and the U.S. You are in our country, you will abide by our laws! We will not compromise.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
It looks to me they were trying to ask questions about the pamphlets they were handed, "got questions, we got answers" When they attempted to ask they were given nothing but a hard time. My question is, what do the Muslims have to hide? Are the afraid their religion will be exposed for what it is? A religion of violence, bent on world domination and the destruction of Israel and the U.S. You are in our country, you will abide by our laws! We will not compromise.
The part of this one that bothers me is that the Christian group was told by the police that they could stand on the street with their pamphlets, wait on this it is good 5 blocks away from the festival. That seems to be an abrogation of freedom of speech to me.

I think it may be time for many here to look into the Muslim groups in the Upper US and the power they have, like this little deal.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
While I might agree with the sentiment of the reporter he violates a rule of journalism in my opinion by making the story about the process of getting the story - it's all about him. Who cares about him? Most of the way in, I still didn't know what was in the pamphlet that made him question it and that ain't reporting.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:45 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The part of this one that bothers me is that the Christian group was told by the police that they could stand on the street with their pamphlets, wait on this it is good 5 blocks away from the festival. That seems to be an abrogation of freedom of speech to me.

I think it may be time for many here to look into the Muslim groups in the Upper US and the power they have, like this little deal.
Excellent point. Worth repeating!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:57 AM

848 posts, read 1,953,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
People laugh at countries like France who recognize and are trying to do something about the muslim takeover in their country.

But not here. Since when is what they were doing there illegal at a public event. What percentage of Dearborn is muslim anyway? I've heard it's a lot.

ISLAM - The only religion that EVERYBODY is scared of. Except muslims, of course. They have even struck mass fear into the media with threats of violence. What other religion, or entity in general, has had that powerful an effect on our first amendment rights? That alone should tell people that this is a threat that is getting out of control.
Laughing at France. Not me, I applaud them. Loudly.

I wish everyone would stop referring to Islam as a religion. It's an ideology. Muslims use Islam as a religious umbrella to protect them from scrutiny. Many muslim non-profits abuse tax laws and fund terrorists.

I didn't see any Norwegians jumping up and down on American streets cheering the terrorist attacks on 9/11. And I don't think they're funding terrorists either.

If Nazis can march in Skokie, IL (and they have), then Muslims don't own the streets in Dearborn and these people should never have been arrested.

The liberal agenda ACLU is a bad joke.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies