Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:27 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
I used to wonder about Europe in WWII and how such a large portion of a society could be so easily led. This forum is starting to make me see just how easy it is to lead and turn one group against another.
I agree. All it is is the us verses them concept. I find it quite immature and scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
As poorly presented as this article is, I think I have the gist of it.

A church is a private organization. A church has a right to ban anyone from coming in, and to arrest intruders. This festival was a family event, being carried out by a private organization.

The two complainers, despite the finery of their explanations, went there for the specific reason to stir up trouble. The festival has a right to tell them they are not welcome, and a right to tell them not to shoot video. Every person has a right to not answer questions on camera.

Nobody's first amendment rights were violated. The definition of first amendment rights were set in stone when people were thrown in jail for standing quietly and peacefully on street corners near Bush re-election rallies. Some were personal friends of mine. Peaceably assemble, in America, now means first get a permit, and then assemble behind the police tape.

First amendment rights apply only in public places. When a private organization wishes to have a festival in a public place, they get a permit, and with that permit, the public place become a private place for the duration of the festival. The organizers have a right to restrict the behavior of attendees.

You have no case. This is a non-incident, and the complainers are wrong and out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Can anyone show me a law where you cant videotape in public or..
Preach in a muslim area?Or ask questions?
I think the guy has a good lawsuit for false arrest.
It was not a public place for the duration of the licensed festival. Festivals do not just grow like weeds between the cracks. They are planned in advance, with all the necessary permits in place, and that makes the venue of the festival a private use of a public place. I can't come and help myself to the potato salad at your church or bowling league picnic or wedding reception in a public park.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-19-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 06-19-2010, 05:54 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,844,597 times
These guys always seem to disturb the Commutes of people at Stations along the Northeast Corridor in my state and they make a big deal when they get arrested or fined. He seems to have entire Youtube dedicated to hecking people in Public places , its very disturbing.....form what i heard hes been punched out , shot at and worse things

YouTube - Princeton Police stops preacher. NJ Transit Amtrack Path Train

Old 06-19-2010, 06:46 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,491 times
I wonder how many people on the opposite platform want to become Christians as a result of the preaching and how many might feel like throwing these guys under a train ? I would say that disturbing the peace is a problem for the commuters. Who wants to hear all of that crap when your feet hurt after a hard day at the office ?

Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So...a bunch of Christian evangelicals go to a different religions festival, try to convert people and then they're surprised when the people get pissed???

They only did this for the publicity. Just let them have their damn festival, not everyone wants to become a Christian.

Not every black man in prison wants to be a muslim, but millions are being recruited .

Of course I'm sure you know a lot about islam .

Old 06-19-2010, 07:18 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It's funny you see the same posters taking whacks at the Christianity pinata, but when it come to Islam they can't defend it quick enough.
I think the commonality between Islam and Liberals is they both embrace intolerance.

from one extreme to the next .

Old 06-19-2010, 07:52 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,482 times
Now, the other side of the story...
Arab Detroit News

One quote from the article:

Quote:
The Rev. Haytham Abi Haydar, a Christian evangelical convert from Islam with Arabic Alliance Church in Dearborn, said that a Christian group called Acts 17 Apologetics caused the problems at this year's Arab festival.

"They put cameras in their faces and were very antagonistic," Abi Haydar said of the group that produced the controversial video that has drawn almost 1.4 million views on YouTube.

The efforts of Christian groups are often coordinated. Pastor George Saieg of Arabic Christian Perspective, an evangelical group in California, handed out literature at the festival for the past five years.
What really happened and why? You decide...

Old 06-19-2010, 08:26 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
This is what happens when a community becomes so politically correct that it allows people who refuse to assimilate to lay down the rules for acceptable behavior.

That is correct.....Just like most of Europe did there for awhile, until some started to wake up and smell the coffee......

Old 06-19-2010, 08:27 PM

256 posts, read 479,404 times
The people filming are a well known hate group which love to go to Arab/Muslim cultural events and provoke people and video tape the reactions. It's like when the KKK marches in a black neighborhood.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:01 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,765,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleWA View Post
The people filming are a well known hate group which love to go to Arab/Muslim cultural events and provoke people and video tape the reactions. It's like when the KKK marches in a black neighborhood.

I just went to their website,couldnt find any evidence of them..
Being a hate group.Any evidence to back your claim??
I ll be waiting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies