Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:06 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Using a Liberal Hack's essay like Steve Kangas to support your assertions only makes the post utterly worthless. More drivel from Liberalists.
Well, Starbucker I'm still waiting on your sysnopsis of how my original post personally attacked you? Nevermind like your original post it will be without merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 04:09 PM

210 posts, read 173,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
He was far to the right. Those on the right can be totalitarian dictators too--an excess of laws and punishments. Government control.
Totalitarian ? Government control ? Far right ? Thats an oxymoron, if ive ever seen one. that would be equivalent to saying Jewish Nazi.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:15 PM

325 posts, read 235,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX-ALBO View Post
Totalitarian ? Government control ? Far right ? Thats an oxymoron, if ive ever seen one. that would be equivalent to saying Jewish Nazi.
Augusto Pinochet, right wing and totalitarian, for starters. Latin America has had dozens more.

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I don't know are you? Did you even read the essay? Did you source the material? I could have respected the post had it supported its assertions with a more academic and historically accurate depiction of Hitler's political demagoguery
Well, gosh, I disagree with your hyper-partisan, knee-jerk take on it. What does that make me?

More than likely, you would have complained no matter what was written. The fact that you used ad hominem as your main grounds for dismissing it speaks volumes and tells me that I am likely right about that feeling.

But do continue to wax intellectual and try to cover your own demagoguery as a desire for a more academic and accurate presentation... while you name call and reveal that you are extremely partisan. Such awesome academics (read: "mental gymnastics").

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Yeah, he was a leftist.

No doubt about it.

Quote:
Exactly. Take national healthcare, certainly not a right side of the aisle program.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 PM

71 posts, read 92,483 times
Quote:
So the republican support of a global network of 700 military bases and massive military spending in no way strikes you as hypocritical to their stand on small-government? Never quite understood this self-denial.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:17 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucker View Post
Myth: Hitler was a leftist

Great informative read since there has been historical revisionism from folks on the political right like Jonah Goldberg.
Perhaps your desire to know this madman should give you reason to visit his hometown and stay there to learn more. No to become educated is more like it. This was years ago who gives a hoot!!!!

325 posts, read 235,820 times
If the Nazis were left wing, why are all Neo Nazi's right wing?

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Augusto Pinochet, right wing and totalitarian, for starters. Latin America has had dozens more.
And he (Pinochet) was a puppet of the US right-wing.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucker View Post
Why not attack the message rather than the messenger?
The message was written by a liberal hack messenger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies