Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:40 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
To my recollection none of the fundamentalist Christian groups have committed atrocities anywhere near the level of Islamic extremists. Publlic stonings, beheadings, crashing airplanes into skyscrapers, strapping bombs to their bodies and blowing up schools and other public places, highjackings, assassinating people that draw Muhammed, the list goes on and on. And all this is somehow legitimized by their twisted interpretation of their religion.
Oh yeah? I like to call it the years 1-2010 AD.

Open a history book myfriend, there is a wealth of information. Christianity has blood on it's hands all the same.

What about the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland/UK, or the Holocaust, the Balkans War, or Timothy McVeigh?

And just because they haven't done anything yet, doesn't mean they won't. We know full well what their intentions are and even as Christ said, Intentions are jsut as bad as commiting the act itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM

149 posts, read 121,963 times
I've read this thread with great interest. One mentioned theydid'nt want the problems europe has with muslims in the USA.I live in England, and am old enough to remember very few muslimsin England. I believe an earlier thread quoted England as havingjust over 2% muslims. Well I can tell you they make an awful lotof noise for such a small minority. As the years go by theirdemands get bigger. The government panders to them tryingto avoid any more events like the explosions a few years ago onthe London undeerground. I have a friend who converted toIslam years ago. He is a bus driver, and I happened to catchthe bus he was driving about 5 years ago. I asked him whatmuslims think of us. He said they despise us. English peoplefear them and what the future will bring. They mostly live inthe northern towns of England, these towns are next to eachother. I fear a demand for an independant state within England.Not now, but one day. Then there would be a civil war similarto the one that happened in Northern Ireland, but much bigger.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
The strange thing is liberals will give their life to support radical islamists (see Rachel Aliene Corrie). I will never understand why they would protect those whose ideology goes completely against the liberal handbook.

Read Michael Savage " Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder ' , it attempts to explain the unexplainable .

Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Oh yeah? I like to call it the years 1-2010 AD.

Open a history book myfriend, there is a wealth of information. Christianity has blood on it's hands all the same.

What about the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland/UK, or the Holocaust, the Balkans War, or Timothy McVeigh?

And just because they haven't done anything yet, doesn't mean they won't. We know full well what their intentions are and even as Christ said, Intentions are jsut as bad as commiting the act itself.

The Troubles in Ireland are over, and the Balkans war is also behind us. The holocaust ended because countries made a concerted effort st stopping it (WW2). And I don't know why you bring up Timothy Mcveigh. His acts were motivated by his hatred for the government.

Of course Christianity has blood on its hands. No one is disputing that. But those conflicts had political resolutions which radical Muslims would not accept, as we are seeing now.

I think the closest Christian equivalent to the global jihad we see today are the Crusades: they are both organized by the highest religious authorities and are basically sanctioned mass murder.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:54 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david eckersall View Post
I've read this thread with great interest. One mentioned theydid'nt want the problems europe has with muslims in the USA.I live in England, and am old enough to remember very few muslimsin England. I believe an earlier thread quoted England as havingjust over 2% muslims. Well I can tell you they make an awful lotof noise for such a small minority. As the years go by theirdemands get bigger. The government panders to them tryingto avoid any more events like the explosions a few years ago onthe London undeerground. I have a friend who converted toIslam years ago. He is a bus driver, and I happened to catchthe bus he was driving about 5 years ago. I asked him whatmuslims think of us. He said they despise us. English peoplefear them and what the future will bring. They mostly live inthe northern towns of England, these towns are next to eachother. I fear a demand for an independant state within England.Not now, but one day. Then there would be a civil war similarto the one that happened in Northern Ireland, but much bigger.

A perfect example of how appeasement does not work!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:08 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Christian Fundamentals are just as bad as Muslim Fundamentals or Jewish Fundamentals.

You say sharia, I say Book of Deuteronomy. A little stoning once in a while will put the fear of God in ya.

Not true, don't argue about something you obviously don't know about or understand .

When did you see a cristian in last 1000 years slowly saw off a head or stone someone ? Majority of Christians and jews only fight when attacked , not so with muslims, they submit ,islam means submission by force if nessesary .

Even the Crusaders were formed to stop the invading of muslims. They did turn out to be as bad as the ones they were fighting though but thats a long story .

Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM

149 posts, read 121,963 times
I live in one of the towns I mentioned in my first entry. I usedto live in Oldham years ago, it was the town I was born in. 12years ago my two sons were walking home from town and walkedthru a large park. They were 14 and 12 at the time. They wereattacked by a large group of muslim youths and beaten up. Thesaid youths told my sons to keep out of their park. I called thepolice who came to my house. They said "don't let your sonsin that park, its not safe" Well, I thought the park my fatherplayed in, and the one I played in isn't safe for my children, itstime to leave, so I did. Part of the problem is that the Membersof Parliament for these towns are mainly white people, if theymake a fuss in parliament about problems with muslims - wellthey won't be MPs for long will they? They'll loose their verynice jobs, so they keep quiet, but always praising muslimsat every opportunity!!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:31 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,264,630 times
I'm wondering if those MPs or their families have been threatened with personal physical reprisal ?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
haha! life is all about moderation. If believed every word in the Bible, I would never leave my bedroom.

I wouldn't have enjoyed that pork sandwich I ate the other day. I guess I'll need to be stoned to death for that.

But please you people are an embarrassment to mankind everywhere.
You people?!!! Bigot much?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Not true, don't argue about something you obviously don't know about or understand .

When did you see a cristian in last 1000 years slowly saw off a head or stone someone ? Majority of Christians and jews only fight when attacked , not so with muslims, they submit ,islam means submission by force if nessesary .

Even the Crusaders were formed to stop the invading of muslims. They did turn out to be as bad as the ones they were fighting though but thats a long story .
Haha! you people are so ignorant. History apparently eludes some of you.

In an attempt to hide it, you just undermine what I write with something like, "when did you last see it?" If I were alive 300 years ago, all the time. In my own state as a matter of fact. So yeah.

History is history. It is truth. It happened, and cannot be undone.

When was the last time you saw a Muslim stone someone here in the US?

But I can think of a dozen times when Chritians force their views on family and marriage and prayer down everyone's throats.

You are concerned over the threat from the minority. Well I'm more concerned over the tryanny of the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies