Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:38 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
CNN and MSNBC would be gushing about what brave Americans these Patriots were, how the down trodden were finally, finally speaking up for themselves. What a profoundly moving sight it is to see these obviously great Americans fighting for truth and justice. Chris Matthews would be weeping silently. And if any caller, any reporter, anyone who so ever should dare to suggest that armed black Americans marching on the Capitol, shouting revolution, were scary, they would be vehemently pronounce a Racist. Chris and Keith and Anderson would apologize to their viewers for letting such disgustingly racist comments on their show.
Never mind all that diversionary fantasy; how would it make you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 02:48 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Gee, another post from a Lefty focusing on.......RACE! Who is obsessed with race again? Its funny, we hear all the time from liberals and the media that WE are racists, yet the only people who bring it up any chance they get, are the media and liberals.

Anyone of any race is free to join groups like the Tea Party. Some have, but few do. Thats just the way it is. WHo cares? Why is it a race issue? Why cant you libs put on your color blind glasses for once in your damn lives and focus on our countrymen as AMERICANS.

Some white person didnt just sit around, and say "hey, lets get a bunch of WHITE folks and march in protest". That pathetic article you quotes basically says, "hey, lets get a bunch of black people together and march in protest". All that article does, and you do, is further prove the hypocrisy of the left when it comes to race.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:49 PM

469 posts, read 579,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Never mind all that diversionary fantasy; how would it make you feel?
The streets are already filled with angry armed black Americans that are closer to me than DC. It doesn't bother me. If this collection of black Americans wanted to march on DC fine with me, as long as they don't actually shoot anybody. It's all for show. The important question, what are they protesting? Not all black people think a like. Not all white people think a like. If they are protesting the 'right' thing, like over taxation, I would be rooting them on.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Where are all of these guns that keep being brought up?

I'll make my own point of view very clear.

If a million black people want to get together and have peaceful protests, I will support them 1000% of the way.

I will support any right to peaceful protest, and I don't care who the group is that is getting organized. I would never support these armed protests you speak of from anyone, but I also don't see where that is happening.

Show me an incident where tea party people are drawing guns and I will glady condemn it. I'm not exactly a supporter of theirs in the first place, but for now I'm not seeing the violence that some people are reporting here.
I was not referring to the actual violence, but the intimidation. You may be a very open minded person but you do not reflect a large percentage of the american people that fear anyone that does not look like them.

I assume that you did not hear the rumblings some years ago when the million man march went to Washington, there were whites that were terrified.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
The streets are already filled with angry armed black Americans that are closer to me than DC.
Are you serious, or just being disingenuous? They're not organized.
Quote:
It doesn't bother me. If this collection of black Americans wanted to march on DC fine with me, as long as they don't actually shoot anybody. It's all for show.
Like the Tea Party marches are all for show, like all marches are only for show?
Quote:
The important question, what are they protesting? Not all black people think a like. Not all white people think a like. If they are protesting the 'right' thing, like over taxation, I would be rooting them on.
What if their issue is something you dont think is "the 'right' thing"?

Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's not trying to say it all. The piece is centered to race specifically because its theme is white privilege. I'd add an important adjective, middle(ish) class white privilege.

"The ability to threaten others, to engage in violent and incendiary rhetoric without consequence, to be viewed as patriotic and normal no matter what you do, and never to be feared and despised as people of color would be, if they tried to get away with half the s*** we do, on a daily basis."

(And it does mention the women's movement and civil rights and labor protests, in a heartbreaking context that only highlights the insensitivity and selfishness of these people.)
Sense you brought that up do you recall what happened to black peaceful protestors at that time? So if that happened to them and they WERE peaceful could you imagine what would happen if they (the blacks) were armed?

One more question, would'nt you consider equal rights to all americans constitutional? If so why did the blacks unlike the women and labor movements treated with so much violence? How quickly many of you forget. There are STILL blacks who were there and suffered the indignities of being attacked by police dogs and firehosed.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapoutofit View Post
Some wild imaginations out there.

The Tea Party is a political movement about less government and less spending.
I believe that was the initial intent, but there are also ignorant,racist and nonspelling mislead people also in the mix

Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM

469 posts, read 579,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I believe that was the initial intent, but there are also ignorant,racist and nonspelling mislead people also in the mix
There are ignorant, racist and nonspelling(?) mislead people in every mix. You can't hold the movement responsible for that. It not by invitation only.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Yet there is a half black man with the middle name of Hussein in the White House leading the most powerful nation on the planet. So as negatively as some in the press will depict the Tea Party movement, Obama is in the big chair and this tells me that at least a majority of this country didn't care what color he was or what his middle name was, so those more negative elements of the Tea Party seem over stated.

Heck, one could make the argument that the left could be pleased to see the division among the GOP as it struggles to redefine itself.
So true.

As a white American, I'm embarrassed by and disgusted with the "Teaparty Movement".

We should all be glad that the Republican party has blown their cover and has revealed their true character and who their supporters really are.

Our country has evolved over the past 50 years and left them behind.

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-20-2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Gee, another post from a Lefty focusing on.......RACE! Who is obsessed with race again? Its funny, we hear all the time from liberals and the media that WE are racists, yet the only people who bring it up any chance they get, are the media and liberals.

Anyone of any race is free to join groups like the Tea Party. Some have, but few do. Thats just the way it is. WHo cares? Why is it a race issue? Why cant you libs put on your color blind glasses for once in your damn lives and focus on our countrymen as AMERICANS.

Some white person didnt just sit around, and say "hey, lets get a bunch of WHITE folks and march in protest". That pathetic article you quotes basically says, "hey, lets get a bunch of black people together and march in protest". All that article does, and you do, is further prove the hypocrisy of the left when it comes to race.
Ther are basic differences in acceptance in this country regarding race, this is something that many in white america will deny or ignore. The point is that if blacks did what SOME of the tea partiers did (carry loaded guns to a presidential rally) there would be hell to pay. There are certain parts of this country where an outspoken black is frowned upon and there are other places where it is applauded. The tea party initial rant about governmental spending is one thing but when you have (in)direct intimidation of the POTUS it is unacceptable. As I mentioned before there are two trains of thought in dealing with people, those of you who don't understand people who don't look like you and are afraid of them and those who are not. What I see on these forums are people who are afraid and are consently on the defense and are not open to anything that has anything to do with race. There are those who are well adjusted to the racial geographic changes in this country and/or can relate to racial issues.

Granted there are different perspectives in dealing with the same situation but I hope that everyone can at least try to be open to them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies