Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM

45 posts, read 39,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
I don't hate him.
I just don't care for his personality or his leadership "skills."

And......

I hate his AGENDA; his idea of a fundamental transformation of America.
That's all.

BTW.....I didn't like Bush's 2 terms either and never voted for him....either time he ran!
I opposed going into Iraq and see Afghaniland as a continuation of a quagmire we never had business getting into!
His daddy's agenda either! Mr. "Read my lips."
But, I do miss Reagan's character......since I haven't seen anything quite like it, ever since.
Reagan's CHARACTER? You have to be a man of class, dignity, thoughtfulness and coward to be known as a man of "character". Reagan was a pitiful, spiteful wuss who quite frankly, ruined the United States in too many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 10:27 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie4 View Post
Reagan's CHARACTER? You have to be a man of class, dignity, thoughtfulness and coward to be known as a man of "character". Reagan was a pitiful, spiteful wuss who quite frankly, ruined the United States in too many ways.
Name all those ways, you refer to, please?
ALL of 'em.

I look forward to your reply since America was in such "horrible" shape and still is, because of him.
We were sooooo RUINED, weren't we?

Besides, I thought it was ALL Bush's fault, right?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Neither. I've gone Galt as I refuse to produce just to support parasites.

Amazon.com: The Slaves Shall Serve: Meditations on Liberty (9780971887015): James Wasserman: Books

Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Neither. I've gone Galt as I refuse to produce just to support parasites.

Amazon.com: The Slaves Shall Serve: Meditations on Liberty (9780971887015): James Wasserman: Books
‘Going Galt’: Everyone’s Doing It!

Who exactly is thinking about Going Galt? Lisa Schifferen at The Corner has the rundown:
The doctors, lawyers, engineers, executives, serious small-business owners, top salespeople, and other professionals and entrepreneurs who make this country run work considerably harder than pretty much anyone else (including most of the chattering class, and all politicians). They are not robber barons, or trust-fund babies, or plutocrats, or even celebrities. They are mostly the meritocrats who worked hard in high school and got into the better colleges and grad schools, where they studied while others partied. They pushed through grueling hours and unpleasant “up or out” policies in their twenties and thirties at top law firms, banks, hospitals, and businesses to earn salaries in the solid six figures (or low seven) today — in their peak earning years. Their work ethic is prodigious, and . . . in their spare time they sit on the boards of most of the complex charities and arts institutions that provide aid and pay for culture in America. No group of people contribute more to their community. And now the president, who followed a path sort of like that, and who claims that his wife’s former six-figure income was a result of precisely such qualifications and efforts, is demonizing them. More problematically, he is penalizing their success and giving them very clear incentives to ratchet back on productivity.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Oh, I still produce, just not in a way that produces taxable income which can be stolen and re-distributed to the parasites. There is more than one legal way to skin the wealth redistribution hunting feral tax cat. Self-sufficiency is but one.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Oh, I still produce, just not in a way that produces taxable income which can be stolen and re-distributed to the parasites. There is more than one legal way to skin the wealth redistribution hunting feral tax cat. Self-sufficiency is but one.
You sound like a Pioneer, good for you. Can you expound on this so others may be able to participate.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:52 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
‘Going Galt’: Everyone’s Doing It!

Who exactly is thinking about Going Galt? Lisa Schifferen at The Corner has the rundown:
The doctors, lawyers, engineers, executives, serious small-business owners, top salespeople, and other professionals and entrepreneurs who make this country run work considerably harder than pretty much anyone else (including most of the chattering class, and all politicians). They are not robber barons, or trust-fund babies, or plutocrats, or even celebrities. They are mostly the meritocrats who worked hard in high school and got into the better colleges and grad schools, where they studied while others partied. They pushed through grueling hours and unpleasant “up or out” policies in their twenties and thirties at top law firms, banks, hospitals, and businesses to earn salaries in the solid six figures (or low seven) today — in their peak earning years. Their work ethic is prodigious, and . . . in their spare time they sit on the boards of most of the complex charities and arts institutions that provide aid and pay for culture in America. No group of people contribute more to their community. And now the president, who followed a path sort of like that, and who claims that his wife’s former six-figure income was a result of precisely such qualifications and efforts, is demonizing them. More problematically, he is penalizing their success and giving them very clear incentives to ratchet back on productivity.

Exactly. The productive are the enemies of Obama, as they tend to not need his "treats" and "freebies" to exist. Those that rely upon the charity of the government for thier survival will always be Obama supporters. Those who can stand on thier own two feet will tend to not be Obama supporters.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Producer, Libertarian and proud of both. I consider both the democrat and republican parties to be both parasitic as both just want more goverment and both believe in bleeding the country dry.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Exactly. The productive are the enemies of Obama, as they tend to not need his "treats" and "freebies" to exist. Those that rely upon the charity of the government for thier survival will always be Obama supporters. Those who can stand on thier own two feet will tend to not be Obama supporters.
And apparently y'all still have time to sit around on City-Data and whine about Obama all day...Even with your prestigious jobs and seven-figure salaries---how do you find the time?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
And apparently y'all still have time to sit around on City-Data and whine about Obama all day...Even with your prestigious jobs and seven-figure salaries---how do you find the time?
We cut back on our productivity, remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies