Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Illinois is an example of a state run by democrats for many years. What else would one expect?
Democrats in charge is the financial kiss of death.
This is what's going on in the states that are in the worst shape:
Democratic-Controlled Legislatures Overseeing 17 of the 20 Highest State Budget Deficits Nationwide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Look no further to see exactly what is wrong with our schools and why states are drowning in red ink. This is in Illinois, but I wonder how many other states have the same obligations?

How can this be justified, how can a public sector employee walk away with $26 million over 30 years?

Top Illinois public school administrators split nearly $1 billion in pensions | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/e-d-kain-Top-Illinois-public-school-administrators-split-nearly-1-billion-in-pensions-96723204.html - broken link)

Truly outrageous.
Truly is, and we need the feds to bail out the state so they can continue to give out those needy pensions.

California's state employee pension plan is $500 billion in the red, we badly need to bail out the states, and most rikki-tik.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Interesting... no posts in defense of this yet. I wonder why?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The libs are busy searchng for the Booosh angle.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:09 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
I can't wait to move out of Illinois. What a disgraceful state, run by thugs (ie., democrats). We already have some of the highest sales taxes, gasoline tax, cigarette tax, property tax and it's never enough to satisfy these tax and spend liberals that have hijacked our state and are in bed with the SEIU and every other blood sucking union. Sickening. Let's cut teachers and increase class sizes to 35 kids per class but don't touch those administrator pensions!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:11 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Good question. It really brings to light the great length liberals will go to hide their ideological mainstays. Yes, they support this type of lunacy, but they're simply too ashamed to say so here on the forum. I'll maintain until my last day on this Earth that liberal ideology and those who espouse it are a bunch of limp-wristed, panty-waisted philosophical lightweights. They hide out in the corner while watching the destruction of this nation with great pleasure, but they certainly won't stand up to defend their position.

A tighter brand of conservatism is on its way back for at least a decade. I truly believe that.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:

Why would you look for a defense of the Pensions? Here in NJ, we have been wondering when Christie would start looking at the salaries and packages of the numerous 6 figure salaried Administrators. See here in NJ, the admins are NOT union, these adminstrators are also soaking up the few pennies we have here in this state, but the ONE focus the Governor has had is on the teachers. NOTHING on the Adminstrators who are not only some of the higest paid in the country, but so far under the radar.

So again what defense are you looking for?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The libs are busy searchng for the Booosh angle.

What defense are you looking for? Is it hard for you to discuss the OP without the typical rants and generalization? My take, if your going to go after the teachers and their benefits, why NOT the higher paid adminstrators?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Good question. It really brings to light the great length liberals will go to hide their ideological mainstays. Yes, they support this type of lunacy, but they're simply too ashamed to say so here on the forum. I'll maintain until my last day on this Earth that liberal ideology and those who espouse it are a bunch of limp-wristed, panty-waisted philosophical lightweights. They hide out in the corner while watching the destruction of this nation with great pleasure, but they certainly won't stand up to defend their position.

A tighter brand of conservatism is on its way back for at least a decade. I truly believe that.

Same question to you since your on the generalization and all liberals are bad rant. What defense are you looking for? Considering you've included yourself in the praising of Chris Christie threads, it is the Liberals that are pointing out the hypocricy of Christie going after the teachers and leaving the Administrators untouched.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:28 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Why would you look for a defense of the Pensions? Here in NJ, we have been wondering when Christie would start looking at the salaries and packages of the numerous 6 figure salaried Administrators. See here in NJ, the admins are NOT union, these adminstrators are also soaking up the few pennies we have here in this state, but the ONE focus the Governor has had is on the teachers. NOTHING on the Adminstrators who are not only some of the higest paid in the country, but so far under the radar.

So again what defense are you looking for?
It's a well known fact that unions and the democratic party go hand-in-hand. Unions back democrats and they repay the favor. Why are no democrats coming to the defense of their Best Friends Forever (unions)? Could it be that there IS NO DEFENSE FOR THIS RECKLESSNESS? Liberalism and the democratic party have been the undoing of the state of Illinois. When wll these democrats wake up and vote them out???

Quote:
Then they (democrats) are going to have to make a choice – side with the big public sector unions and sacrifice the poor and disadvantaged, or take a new approach to the public sector altogether and stop paying out these ridiculous benefits and retirement packages to people who probably don’t deserve them.[LEFT]
Read more at the Washington Examiner: Top Illinois public school administrators split nearly $1 billion in pensions | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/e-d-kain-Top-Illinois-public-school-administrators-split-nearly-1-billion-in-pensions-96723204.html#ixzz0rVAfBolX - broken link)
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies